Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Questions For Early Phenom Pilots

(...)

FLC - Not working. Acting as an auto throttle / speed hold and not as a real FLC. When engaged, the aircraft was changing power settings to keep the selected airspeed. This was with the autopilot disengaged....no pitch commands were present on the Flight Director.

(...)

Also...am I missing something, or is the Takeoff Configuration Test Button missing from the centre console?

I checked with the Carenado SR22, which features an IAS hold mode (like in "pitch for speed"): No joy, either, as the IAS hold mode works as a combination of an autothrottle and a fixed IAS - A/T modulates thrust in order to keep a fixed speed AND an inherent vertical speed. Working the physical throttle doesn't change the V/S; it's overridden by the A/T-like implementation by Carenado.

So it seems like 'pitch for speed' isn't Carenado's strong point.

And the Takeoff Config button - just like FLC and VNAV - works in the FeelThere Phenom, too!   :P

I'm confused.What's the consensus ? Is this plane a buy or a stayaway ? Is the phenom the typical carenado  thing ? just good looks and a dead soul  so to say. I bought a few carenados took them for a spin and ended up uninstalling them  right away.

I think some of you guys forgot it isn't necessarily easy to get access to the data needed to make an indepth systems simulation some of us desire. I am not surprised the G1000 in the phenom is somewhat light.. I knew a guy I used to fly with on VATSIM who worked at Garmin, lets just say they are not in the business of sharing any detailed information about their products so they can be reproduced for FSX and when it is shared its very rare. 

I'll stick with the F1 Mustang for now.

Many had hoped for a much better and cleaner introduction from Carenado of their first jet.

I am tired of finding BASIC things that are not implemented or working correctly. Even the FDE needs attention.

Think I will back off, fly my Mustang and FeelThere Phenom and watch to see what the service packs do for this bird.

Hoping they will, at least, fix the basic things. There is NOTHING that is revolutionary or beyond the present sim state-of-the-art in this plane. All of it can be done RIGHT given the effort to do so.

I can confirm there is a simple FADEC system in place and the FLC DOES WORK, used it on a flight from KATL -> KTPA, beautiful aircraft all around. However to my disappointment VNAV is INOP, but that just gives me more to do while climbing and descending and I am perfectly fine with that! 

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I can confirm there is a simple FADEC system in place and the FLC DOES WORK, used it on a flight from KATL -> KTPA, beautiful aircraft all around. However to my disappointment VNAV is INOP, but that just gives me more to do while climbing and descending and I am perfectly fine with that! 

What behavior are you seeing with the FADEC and FLC?

I've done a few test flights and haven't found anything to suggest that either system is present or functional.

What behavior are you seeing with the FADEC and FLC?

I've done a few test flights and haven't found anything to suggest that either system is present or functional.

FLC is set to SPD hold, thats pretty much it. I set the Indicated Speed and it held it quite well, even though moderate turbulence with ASN. As for FADEC it is quite basic and I am not sure if it had that much of an impact past being able to push a few softkeys on the G1000 to "simulate" it, as I stated its all very simple.

Again, this is Carenado NOT PMDG or RealAir, this is mid level systems, anyone expecting PMDG systems on a Carenado Aircraft needs to see a Clinical Psychologist.

Despite my best efforts, I gave in and got the Phenom. I was not disappointed with the G1000 as my expectations were very low so to not waste time, I plugged in the RXP GNS530 after I installed the Phenom. That being said, she is a sexy plane and to my great surprise, she is very nice to hand fly. I have yet to try an ILS landing or have the AP fly a SID because its way too much fun to fly by hand.

What a difference in comparison to the TBM850.

There are some issues I've found so far such as both the non-functioning FLC mode and the battery switches saying Switch 1. The engine sounds in the cockpit seem a bit off as the cockpit sounds like the exhaust from the engines are inside, like flying in a vacuum cleaner.

As a first effort with a jet, I'm pleasantly surprised and look forward to the updates for it.

If the Hawker flies as nicely as this, I may have to get it too.

Now, if they could only fix the TBM......

Despite my best efforts, I gave in and got the Phenom. I was not disappointed with the G1000 as my expectations were very low so to not waste time, I plugged in the RXP GNS530 after I installed the Phenom. That being said, she is a sexy plane and to my great surprise, she is very nice to hand fly. I have yet to try an ILS landing or have the AP fly a SID because its way too much fun to fly by hand.

What a difference in comparison to the TBM850.

There are some issues I've found so far such as both battery switches saying Switch 1 and the engine sounds in the cockpit seem a bit off as I cockpit sounds like the exhaust from the engines are inside. The engine sound is really annoying but other than that,

As a first effort with a jet, I'm pleasantly surprised and look forward to the updates for it.

If the Hawker flies as nicely as this, I may have to get it too.

Now, if they could only fix the TBM......

I agree with you that this is a step in the right direction for Carenado, especially considering this is their first jet, I was very apprehensive about this purchase, fi they release a few updates to correct some issues and perhaps add in a few extra details, this plane will easily be my favorite VLJ.

BTW perhaps a better informed person on the Phenom 100 can tell me this, why does this aircraft require 70-75% N1 to start taxi and 50-55% to maintain said taxi?

FLC is set to SPD hold, thats pretty much it. I set the Indicated Speed and it held it quite well, even though moderate turbulence with ASN. As for FADEC it is quite basic and I am not sure if it had that much of an impact past being able to push a few softkeys on the G1000 to "simulate" it, as I stated its all very simple.

Ahh......got it. The real Phenom does not have SPD hold or an autothrottle though..... Power changes are all manual. The only thing that comes close is CSC (Cruise Speed Control), which (through the FADEC system) can vary power settings within a limited range to maintain a selected speed in level flight. That system isn't simulated on the Carenado aircraft either (no clickspot).

FLC is used to maintain a set speed while climbing (or descending). You set climb power manually (to the 'detent'), then use FLC to hold about 200 KIAS all the way up into the flightlevels, where you then switch to Mach 0.55 and hold that to the planned cruise altitude.

FADEC should adjust the climb thrust automatically with the power lever in the CLB position, increasing power with altitude.

BTW perhaps a better informed person on the Phenom 100 can tell me this, why does this aircraft require 70-75% N1 to start taxi and 50-55% to maintain said taxi?

The real aircraft does require a bit of power to get moving, but not nearly as much as 70% N1. It will also taxi on idle thrust once moving but we know that's tough to do in FSX.

Because Carenado do eyecandy and not accurate system modeling ?

Because Carenado do eyecandy and not accurate system modeling ?

This would be engine power modelling which they usually have pretty well done, it seems like this might be a bug, if Carenado does not fix it I will look into the CFG and edit where necessary if it is even possible to fix this issue without editing the .air file.

This would be engine power modelling which they usually have pretty well done, it seems like this might be a bug, if Carenado does not fix it I will look into the CFG and edit where necessary if it is even possible to fix this issue without editing the .air file.

Had a similar issue when the TBM was first released. They fixed it with an update. Have you reported it to support?

Had a similar issue when the TBM was first released. They fixed it with an update. Have you reported it to support?

Both my friend and I have, glad to know it was fixed with the TBM850, that was one of the bad things about that plane, otherwise I liked it.