Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Prepar3D 2.2 Released!

Would the consensus be that FTX Global is compatible now ?

I can't say I've spotted anything amiss... I'm running Global in 2.2 and FSX and it works and looks fine in both (better in 2.2 of course ^_^ )... this is just the base pack, as I don't have Vector as yet.

Thanks Carlito, for this info. I thought as much that FPS will drop when loading heavies. Yes, some might say thats because its not supported by P3D which is why...well, time will tell and I hope it wont be too long.

Even sent a ticket to PMDG just asking for some sort of tentative schedule, even to say 2nd 3rd or 4th quarter...but no reply yet...usually they answer in 24-48hrs.

Best regards,

I almost hardly fly GA and almost exclusively fly tubeliners.  This is why I did not pick up P3D v 2 for several months... wanted to see how things played out.  I have been living in XPX for tubeliners.  I agree the ifly is not up to PMDG quality, but it is still an exceptional performer, and I want to experience P3D without having to wait for PMDG to release their stuff... which of course I will buy :)

Just wanted to also mention... there is a strong obsession with FPS... yes, ifly dropped my fps by about 10, but as others have pointed out, even with lower FPS it is smooth, which really is what I am after.  I couldn't care less about a frame drop, and I am not going to brag about how high FPS is... give me smooth, and I am happy :)

-Phil

Now it's just time to wait for Pete to have a chance to update FSUIPC before I can really begin testing other parts of the sim properly. 

Would the consensus be that FTX Global is compatible now ? 

FSUIPC is working for me, what specifically is not working?

FTX Global worked from day 1 of P3DV2.x - confused?

Cheers, Rob.

Hello Rob

Radar Contact and Proflight Emulator both crash the Sim as soon as they connect Appcrash shows the faulting module to be Fsuipc

Mouse Macros are not working, even the button to start the mouse macro creation is gone from the buttons tab.

The Lua friction file no longer works because Fsuipc cannot patch Sim1.dll

Some of the Weather smoothing interface does not work

FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
      421 System time = 10/04/2014 15:45:06
      421 FLT UNC path = "\\DESKTOP\Prepar3D v2 Files\"
      421 Trying E:\Prepar3D v2\Modules\SimConnectP3D2.dll
      421 Found it: trying to connect
      421 FS UNC path = "\\DESKTOP\Prepar3D v2\"
      686 LogOptions=00000000 0000000D
      686 ### Failed to obtain SIM1 Frictions access: no frictions facilities available!
      686 WARNING: Failed to install Mouse Macro hooks!
      686 Wind smoothing fix is only partially installed

686 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      686 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
    25007 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v2", Version: 2.2.10437.0 (SimConnect: 2.2.0.0)
    25007 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    25007 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    25007 \\DESKTOP\Prepar3D v2 Files\default.FXML
    25007 \\DESKTOP\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere Phenom 100\EMB500.AIR
    66394  READ0[0]  3304,   4 bytes: 03 00 29 49                                      ..)I
    66394  READ0[0]  3308,   4 bytes: 0A 00 DE FA                                      ....
    66394 WRITE0[0]  330A,   2 bytes: B0 04                                            ..
    66394 WRITE0[0]  7B91,   1 bytes: 01                                               .
    66425 System time = 10/04/2014 15:46:12, Simulator time = 15:45:52 (14:45Z)
    66425 Aircraft="Embraer EMB-500 House Colors"
    67392 Starting everything now ...
    67408 Using "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDEV.DLL", version 2.2.2.0
    67408 GoFlight GFP8 detected: 1 device
    67408 GoFlight GF166 detected: 1 device
    67408 GoFlight GFMCP detected: 1 device
    67408 GoFlight GFRP48 detected: 1 device
    67408 GoFlight GF46 detected: 1 device
    67408 GoFlight GFMCPPRO detected: 1 device
    67533 Ready for ASN WX radar
    68750 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

Cheers, Rob.

LUA scripting and macros are the two things I "need" that aren't working fully, and if you have a look at the log, you can see that it isn't able to properly access variables in 2.2. Pete has explicitly stated that new builds will usually require a module update.

As far as FTXG, I thought there were reports of issues with the night lights and autogen texture issues with earlier builds of P3Dv2. Maybe a better way to word it would have been is P3Dv2 now compatible with FTXG  :unknw:

Just asking for some opinions on it as it stands today. I am extremely conservative about adding things to P3Dv2 until they have been vetted over time. Especially considering the extensive/invasive (not meant in a bad way) nature of FTXG, I just wanted to get a little feedback first.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Cheers, Rob.

I would like to know that also. Been using both from day one with no problems. I use FSUIPC for everything.

I use FSUIPC for everything.

The control calibration and assigments are thankfully still working, but the macros which are essential for mapping functions to my hardware for most of my addons are INOP.

Biggest issue though is I now have no ATC as RC and PFE crash the sim via Fsuipc.

Four days till Pete is back from holiday, going to be a long four days here.

Yep, I can confirm FTX has been working from day 1 and looks great.  What about VATSIM compatibility?  From what I read it sounds like FS INN must be installed via the EMG... is that true, or is there a better solution?

Right about then if LM continues the push for excellence we will see a native 64-bit P3D built around DirectX 12 which by some accounts will be the place where multicore CPU's start to come into their own better for flight simulation.

DirectX 12 possibly will only be available if you have Win9 as your operating system...

As far as compatibility across Windows operating systems, Microsoft was a bit coy. While DirectX 12 will not support Windows XP, Windows 7 support is also a little unclear, with Microsoft only saying they weren't "discussing Windows 7 support today."

See: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/gdc-microsoft-reveals-directx-12-xbox-one-improvements

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

DirectX 12 possibly will only be available if you have Win9 as your operating system...

Just like MS flightsimulator versions, ever other one is a good one, the operating systems seem to follow the same pattern. Windows 9 should be a good one then

LUA scripting and macros are the two things I "need" that aren't working fully, and if you have a look at the log, you can see that it isn't able to properly access variables in 2.2.

Working fine with me and my QW RJ100, I see the error also, but that's an easy fix (at least for mouse macros), just click on the Profile Specific checkbox and all will work as it should.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.929 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside Prepar3D v2 on Windows 7
Module base=18800000
User Name="Rob Ainscough"
User Addr="robains@msn.com"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
      124 System time = 10/04/2014 09:18:56
      124 FLT UNC path = "\\ROB-MAIN\Users\Rob\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\"
      124 Trying V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Modules\SimConnectP3D2.dll
      124 Found it: trying to connect
      140 FS UNC path = "\\ROB-MAIN\V\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\"
      468 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      468 ### Failed to obtain SIM1 Frictions access: no frictions facilities available!
      468 WARNING: Failed to install Mouse Macro hooks!
      468 Wind smoothing fix is only partially installed
      468 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      468 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
    13868 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v2", Version: 2.2.10437.0 (SimConnect: 2.2.0.0)
    13868 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    13868 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    13899 \\ROB-MAIN\Users\Rob\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\Default A36.FXML
    13899 \\ROB-MAIN\V\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado A36 BONANZA P3D\A36.AIR
    43571 System time = 10/04/2014 09:19:39, Simulator time = 06:23:04 (10:23Z)
    43602 Aircraft="Carenado A36 Bonanza 60th Anniversary"
    48578 Starting everything now ...
    48594 Using "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDEV.DLL", version 2.2.2.0
    48594 GoFlight GFP8 detected: 2 devices
    48594 GoFlight GFT8 detected: 1 device 
    48594 GoFlight GF166 detected: 2 devices
    48594 GoFlight GFMCP detected: 1 device 
    48594 GoFlight GFRP48 detected: 1 device 
    48594 GoFlight GFTQ6 detected: 1 device 
    48594 GoFlight GFATC detected: 1 device 
    49904 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
    63695 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 20 secs = 41.7 fps
    75847 \\ROB-MAIN\V\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\QualityWings Avro RJ100\QWRJ100.AIR
    76565 Aircraft="QWSim Avro RJ100 - Swiss HD - Config: Stair R1 R2 L2"
   106814 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 30 secs = 34.5 fps
   185391 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 65 secs = 30.6 fps
   202442 System time = 10/04/2014 09:22:18, Simulator time = 06:25:00 (10:25Z)
   202442 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 115 secs = 33.6 fps
Memory managed: 65 Allocs, 65 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Cheers, Rob.

See, that's kinda my point about being conservative I guess. The log is explicitly stating that FSUIPC is having issues.

I am in no rush, and will wait for Pete to recompile for 2.2, it's no big deal  :wink:

Nice weather my way through the weekend, so I won't really want to be inside anyway*. There are real cloud shadows outside, and the resolution !

*Nothing to do with the 6-page honey-do list my wife has for me, nothing at all.

Regards,

Brian Doney

As far as FTXG, I thought there were reports of issues with the night lights and autogen texture issues with earlier builds of P3Dv2. Maybe a better way to word it would have been is P3Dv2 now compatible with FTXG

The only issue I have seen with lights in P3D2.2 (which was also in earlier versions) are the sun-like landing lights for some aircraft (which I'm not sure is even FTX/Orbx related).  I haven't seen any FTX texture issues yet with P3D2.2 and a new P3D2 fully compatible Orbx FTXG Lights Configurator was just released.

Orbx airports that use ObjectFlow are not yet compatible with P3D2.x . . . which is why none of those have been ported over to P3D2 yet.  You may want to take a look at the official "Master list of all P3D2-ready Orbx products."

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Working fine with me and my QW RJ100, I see the error also, but that's an easy fix (at least for mouse macros)

Many thanks Rob, one more hurdle over.

Just need my Radar Contact now and I am all set.