Sign in to follow this  
coa1117

Again ... ASN & HiFiTech unreachable

In the month since I purchased ASN I've done about 8 flights. Preparing for 5 of them ASN has had problems downloading weather and at the same time the HiFiTech forums can't be reached. You may think this is coincidental but it's not. Each time ASN can't deliver wx information the HiFiTech forums are also unreachable. So there's nowhere to report problems except here. Today I've been trying to get a flight going for the past 3 hours and ASN is just plain stuck.

When ASN is working you see the splash screen and then nearly instantly the main screen pops up, "Downloading Weather" appears in the lower right, and 10-15 seconds later the program reports "Idle" and you're good to go. On the other hand, you know right away that there's a problem because when booting ASN you briefly see the splash screen, then nothing until about 3-4 minutes later when the main screen appears and "Downloading Weather" displays in the lower right and simply stays there forever. There was a hotfix released on April 7 that was supposed to deal with the ASN problem, and promises were made about upgrading their server architecture to handle loads. Yet once again it's taking a very long time (minimum 10 minutes if it finishes at all) for each wx download. It's gotten so frustrating that I've reverted to AS2012 which no one who has puchased ASN should have to do.

I'm generally a very patient guy, but come on HiFi, when are these server problems going to be fixed?

I would have posted this over on the HiFiTech official forum, but, well, as I said, that's not working either ... again. :mad:

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Hi Jev,

I was having very similar issues a while back and I was about to toss ASN but after some digging around, I noticed that if I disabled anti-phishing on my anti-virus application (BitDefender) all my connection issues were resolved. Now, having said all this, I don't know if you have an AV or firewall applications in place so it's just a suggestion to look into until you can get a ticket logged with HiFi.

If you need a hand keep posting here.

M

I noticed that if I disabled anti-phishing on my anti-virus application (BitDefender) all my connection issues were resolved.

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion, however it's become pretty clear over the past month (from the number of posts to various threads dealing with this ongoing issue) that many people are experiencing the issue, and HiFi has acknowledged that it's theirs to fix. The only anti-virus app on my.rig is Avast, and it has never given me any problems connecting to a service. In fact, when the ASN servers are working, the connection is immediate and the wx downloads are near instantaneous - much faster even than AS2012. So, it's baffling why HIFi has run into this mess with their ASN servers because AS2012 worked so darn well.

Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

In the month since I purchased ASN I've done about 8 flights. Preparing for 5 of them ASN has had problems downloading weather and at the same time the HiFiTech forums can't be reached. You may think this is coincidental but it's not. Each time ASN can't deliver wx information the HiFiTech forums are also unreachable. So there's nowhere to report problems except here. Today I've been trying to get a flight going for the past 3 hours and ASN is just plain stuck.

When ASN is working you see the splash screen and then nearly instantly the main screen pops up, "Downloading Weather" appears in the lower right, and 10-15 seconds later the program reports "Idle" and you're good to go. On the other hand, you know right away that there's a problem because when booting ASN you briefly see the splash screen, then nothing until about 3-4 minutes later when the main screen appears and "Downloading Weather" displays in the lower right and simply stays there forever. There was a hotfix released on April 7 that was supposed to deal with the ASN problem, and promises were made about upgrading their server architecture to handle loads. Yet once again it's taking a very long time (minimum 10 minutes if it finishes at all) for each wx download. It's gotten so frustrating that I've reverted to AS2012 which no one who has puchased ASN should have to do.

I'm generally a very patient guy, but come on HiFi, when are these server problems going to be fixed?

I would have posted this over on the HiFiTech official forum, but, well, as I said, that's not working either ... again. :mad:

This is happening to me today as well.

I've had the same issue here. Just bought ASN through the SimMarket, but the product refuses to activate whilst the website and forums are down. Additionally can't seek report (or even find an email address to complain to) because of the same issue. Given my satisfaction with previous HiFi products, this seemingly catastrophic failure is greatly disappointing.

Yep me to.. also unable to access hifi main site

b77lr_10.jpg

Harro Lippmann

WOW. I didn't realize the issue was that wide spread. I've been off and on ASN all day and haven't had a hiccup yet (I think I may have just jinxed myself now :lol:). Hopefully HiFi get's this sorted out pretty soon.

I was having the same issue for a brief period today, even the Hifi website was down. All seems fine now though.

No issues here using  asn and been on the hifi web forum every day  with out any issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

WOW. I didn't realize the issue was that wide spread.

yah i was surprised to hear about it too. must be bad luck with timing for the guys seeing it, i think i've maybe seen it down maybe 1 or 2 times since december and i fly usually at least a few times a week. i did a couple flights today without any issues although i did notice that adding a PIREP took much longer than usual.

it does illustrate the challenges of supporting software that relies on server uptimes, when it works it's fine but when it doesn't it's super frustrating for users.

cheers

-andy crosby

Hi Guys/Gals,

This is already being worked on and has been so the past week so things will smooth out real soon.  :smile:

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

This is already being worked on and has been so the past week so things will smooth out real soon. :smile:

ASN is an awesome product and I hope the HiFiTech team can get the server infrastructure in place soon to increase the reliability of the service.

Thanks for the update, Dave.

Never had problems with ASN

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Never had problems with ASN

Jose,

Based on reports in other threads when the ASN service has gone offline, it appears that the problem is localized. Most of the reports of service drop seem to come from the Americas. But there's also the odd service-down report from the Netherlands, Australia and other parts of the world, while at the same time someone connecting from California has no problem. I suppose this is what the HiFiTech team is trying to sort out. It probably has a lot to do with how your ISP routes you to the ASN servers. So, you may not have problems, but someone up the street from you with a different ISP may be unable to connect.

Today I did a beautiful flight from Dublin to Stockholm with perfect ASN performance. Yesterday I couldn't connect at all until late at night.