Sign in to follow this  
James Bennett

What is your must have Airport Payware?

Why not Dubai? It's a perfect 7 hours out from the UK and is as wonderful a scenery as you will see inside FSX. It really is absolutely stunning, especially at night.

Personally I just don't find it a particularly interesting or challenging airport. It looks fantastic for sure, but it doesn't capture my heart. Just personal preference :)

To me, must have airports are the ones that modify the whole flying in/out of them because of non-normal procedures. Or airports that given their location have a special configuration... 

(...)

LatinVFR have done a number of those. Not exactly must-haves, but not a single bad release in between them. Frequently on sale.

Personally I just don't find it a particularly interesting or challenging airport. It looks fantastic for sure, but it doesn't capture my heart. Just personal preference :)

Fair enough. You might want to have a look at some of the Caribbean destinations operated to by BA on the 777. Bit longer in terms of journey time but IIRC some of them are VOR approaches only, which would be fun in the 777.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Fair enough. You might want to have a look at some of the Caribbean destinations operated to by BA on the 777. Bit longer in terms of journey time but IIRC some of them are VOR approaches only, which would be fun in the 777.

Thanks I'll take a look :)

I have decided I will go with FSDT KLAX and FlyTampa TNCM. This will give me two interesting airports that I love and is about 8 hour flight time to my estimation.

It means I can go from TNCM to KLAX if I want a simple approach and landing and the other direction if I want to spice things up and go for an approach without an ILS. I will keep my Orbx England stuff for short haul in the NGX.

Excellent choice, I have both of those sceneries and I can promise that you won't be disappointed. And I have actually done several routes between TNCM and KLAX even though no real airlines operate them and it is a very fun flight. TNCM is a favorite of mine because FlyTampa offers great scenery for it and it provides a challenging approach and departure (especially in a MD-11 loaded for a 8-9 hour flight).

Samuel Scully

LatinVFR KSAN. Personally, I love approach into the airport and BAW flies the 777 there too.

Except at night / they have these massive runway edge lights - don't look right at all.

Otherwise it's a very nice scenery, on par with FSDT, FB, T2G, FT

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FlyTampa's KMSP (FS9/FSX/P3D v2)...  :Party:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I agree on OMDB, it's definitely top notch.  I'm kind of partial to Pacific Island Sim airports.  Chubu, Jeju, Ziamen, Rarotonga, Fu'uamotu just to name a few.  While many like the big sprawling busy, busy, busy airports, I think I enjoy the "off the beaten path locations" more.  The Seychelles and Maldives by Aerosoft are two more that come to mind.  Gosh, there's so many good ones out there!

Chris Sunseri

Not exactly 7 hour trips from England, but still nice airports to fly to and from: FlyTampa's Vienna and Aerosoft's Innsbruck (I guess that one's pretty challenging, though not exactly legal in real life with the T7 :rolleyes:)

Can anyone comment on whether these suggested airports all work ok with FTX Global, please. I tried some Vidan (Danish) scenery recently but it was all lava red when installed. It would be good to have some quality airports in non-ORBX regions like continental Europe, Central and South America, Pacific islands etc.

I have several addon airports if you fly in Europe I can recommend FSDT LZRH (Zurich),all the UK2000 airports

I would also suggest you have a look at fly tampa's OMDB,its really excellent with not just the airport but the city  as well

FSDT  CYVR and KJFK are nice also but KJFK is a little hard on fps if your not careful

Pete Little

best airport developers are: Fs Dreamteam, Fly/Tampa, Flightbeam, Latin VFR, just go to these 4 websites  and you can make your choices. I own quite a few airports from these developers, also one more I believe its called Taitogate

Can anyone comment on whether these suggested airports all work ok with FTX Global, please. I tried some Vidan (Danish) scenery recently but it was all lava red when installed. It would be good to have some quality airports in non-ORBX regions like continental Europe, Central and South America, Pacific islands etc.

Sad to hear about your experience, you should just have reported the error to Vidan ...

Abovementioned bug in the Vidan "Grenaa" scenery, which led to the ground being red in the months of April and May, was corrected, and an updated version made available, within 24 hours after the error was reported by a user.

Not only are Vidan's sceneries great quality, and totally compatible with FTX Global, they also deliver top notch support.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Fly Tampa's Hong Kong & Kai Tak. If I could only have one payware airport, Kai Tak would be it.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org