Sign in to follow this  
BAW

Happy Birthday to HM The Queen

I don't know why but this day seems to have slipped most people by. Today is the British Queen's birthday, she is 88 years old.

I know it has nothing to do with flying but I thought to raise it up anyway

I opened this up because I thought it had to do with the PMDG 747, and I was curious what HM meant.

I'll bite ... :england-flag:

QueenElizabeth_2014.jpg

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

She looks good for her age.  I'd take her over Obama in a NY minute!

Stan

Im curious... to our friends over the pond... will they just skip Prince Charles, and go strait to Prince William?

God Bless The Queen, and happy birthday.

fp2.jpg

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

She looks good for her age.  I'd take her over Obama in a NY minute!

Stan

Stan mate shes the queen not the prime minster, not that "just call me dave" is any good anyhows. he's due to go anyways in 2015

14ppkc-6.png

Im curious... to our friends over the pond... will they just skip Prince Charles, and go strait to Prince William?

God Bless The Queen, and happy birthday.

with any luck it it go to William 

14ppkc-6.png

Happy Birthday to her as a human being. :smile:

As a member of an unelected 'elitist' family, who rule a country purely due to a blood line, rather than anything democratic, I'm less keen.

It is funny when you think about it, that the western world is keen to 'force' democracy on the arab nations etc, yet one of the oldest nations in the West isn't a democracy at all!!..... with an unelected, unchallengeable head of state based purely on herederitary lines! :lol:

Here's hoping the Scots will have sense and will break away from the UK, and following that all the nation states of the UK will become democratic, independent countries;  England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.   Each led by people that understand each individual country's priorities and interests; rather than by some self-interested old Etonian posh school boys in Westminster, who still think it's 1740.

These views aren't about left wing versus right wing  -  they're about democracy, hypocrisy, and the death of elitism, that preserves the interests of the rich and privileged in the UK.

But, of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZZIE !!!!   :smile:

Cheerful%2BQueen%2Bcopy.jpg

Dave,

the queen doesnt "run" the country,  the government does, (the lisbon treaty for example that was signed by Blair and not the queen), and in turn we the British people vote every 4 years to decide which party runs the government.

Unfortunately we have career politicians who use spin and propaganda which the working classes dont properly understand but fall for, the most common one was when Blair artificially made the middle to low classes "feel better off" ie... he  spent and spent and spent, which now we are having to pay for.  Look at the NHS for example, its  full of ridiculous jobs that are not needed but were created by Blair and his Quangos just to keep people happy, I have an ex girlfriend  who was a paramedic for 10 years, she went for a job doing adhoc training which the paramedics dont even have to attend but some do inorder to make their cv's look good.  She teaches them how to wash their hands and how to  deal with death... One would think both are common parts of a paramedics job role.. oh and she gets paid 40k  a year to do it. All here qulaifcations are is 10 years as a paramedic and shes on more than a few qualified  first officer

So Id take the "Eton educated boys" over the car dealer Blair types any day of the week. Yes they are posh, yes they are nasty, and yes they are making poor lid to law classes peoples lives not as crushy as Blair did.  In my opinion after what the Labour party did to the country they should never ever ever be allowed in power again.

As for Scotland, as much as I agree that they deserve to have the right to decide if they want to devolute or not, they are going to be buggered if they do, Salmond just wants the legacy of it.

As much as you Northerns didnt like Thatcher, she was, after Attlee the greatest Prime Minister we ever had, she actually wanted to change the country not just run it to get a peerage like the ones weve had since.

14ppkc-6.png

As much as you Northerns didnt like Thatcher, she was, after Attlee the greatest Prime Minister we ever had, she actually wanted to change the country not just run it to get a peerage like the ones weve had since.

Well you were half right there at least.

To my non-commonwealth friends on here that are confused....She is a head of state, The United States (for example) has the President that would be considered head of state, the difference is the Royal Family actually makes money and turns profits without doing anything, whereas anything in the US Government does just costs the tax payer money

For me as long as they keep having the Royal Weddings, Royal Babies, Royal Tours, Selling Memorabilia like Royal China and spoons, Drawing in Tourists every year, etc, they can stay, because it is extremely unusual for a Head of State to be able to generate billions of dollars in revenue. Every other government in the world just costs the tax payer money. 

Cheers

Matthew Kane