Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26APR14 - SP1/300ER Update "What Could Possibly Take So Long?!"

Thanks for the update! Perfection is hard to accomplish, but you guys always manage to push perfection to the highest level and beyond. 

we can accept the apoligy if you share some 747 v2 cockpit photos LOL

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Glad to see the FBW is no longer on the during investigation list! Seems fixed now! Can't wait to try it out.

Alexis Mefano

Just took a look at the Issue Tracking thread for the 777 and all I can say is wow!  Definitely worth the wait.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Great Update guys!  Can't wait for the 300ER.  Helped me get my mind off the referees blowing the Raptors-Nets game :angry:

Cheers

How about low res cockpit model and textures. Is that going to be an option?? Not sure if it ever was there in the first place but seems to have been removed from the issue tracking thread!!

Jimmy Nestor

I've been a customer since your "FLY" days. Your creations have always been worth waiting for. Looking forward to the DC6 when it's ready. Love the sound. My pic here is when I flew the CL215 with essentially the same engines.....really looking forward to the DC6. Did I say that again?

Cheers, Dave

Loving all of the P3D questions in a completely unrelated thread...

Judging by that, I don't think many of you have quite grasped the concept of the vast difference between entertainment and commercial licensing costs.  Although prices haven't been set, go look at examples between the costs of entertainment/education licenses.  Now, translate that concept to what you might pay for one of these products in P3D.  Part of that is going to be driven by the fact that Boeing also applies that concept to its own data, which is being used in these products.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the update.  It does help to hear the status on the SP1 since it sounds like that will also free up resources to work on other projects once finished.  I myself am looking forward to the updates for other products that you mentioned once SP1 is out.

-Phil

Thanks for the update Robert.

I can only imagine how complex the programming is for a beast like 777 and how frustrating or time consuming it must be to track down a bug here or there.  Please take your time and don't over-stress yourselves.  If a hobby like FSX becomes stressful and no longer fun, then it is not worth doing IMHO.  Your work is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

TJ

I really like the idea of microupdates.  I look forward to SP1.  It's definitely better to take you time and do it right.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Thank's a lot for the update, Robert! :smile:

One question, if it's allowed...  :ph34r:  Will the SDK be released with the SP1/300ER? - Just asking because I'm eagerly waiting for the 777 FS2Crew... :rolleyes:

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just a thought on your micro updates:

Chances are that there may be more bug's (thus angry people) or longer beta testing times (less bugfixes or longer release times). So why not going with a "testing" (don't say unstable!) branch for people who want bugfixes and cutting edge software first but are warned and are able to give feedback so you'll get a wider "tester" range. And on the other hand the "stable" branch where tested bugfixes are released to if no testing-banch-user has reported bug's (or if those aren't bugs but osi layer 8 failures) so the people who want rock solit software get it.

To get around of some pimpled youths teenager crying there can be a separate registration progress to those "testing" people to show they're able to see things from the objective view and give consolidated feedback helping to fix and improve those microfixes.

This way is working already in some community projects who want to release fixes and improvements on the rolling way and not the release-cycle way (debian testing, sabayon linux, pclinuxos and so on).