Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26APR14 - SP1/300ER Update "What Could Possibly Take So Long?!"

This was just above that recap you mentioned from RSR:

We will be rolling a new beta SP1 out to the testing team on saturday.  I know that we need at least one more build after that- as we are waiting on some key functionality updates from a member of the team who has been sick for the past week. If we get these last key pieces working as we want them- we have about 5 days of testing ahead of us- and then we are finished.

When he says we have 5 days of testing after they get some key functionality updates from one team member and they are working as they want them to work, they are finished. These comments do not lend themselves to what they scandi13 guy said. RSR would not (I believe) have said the above if the -300ER has not even gone into beta yet. That is what is confusing to me. Unless they have choosen to not release the -300ER yet and will instead just release the SP1?

Where did Eric imply Robert was being dishonest?  I guess i read it more as he is confused.  Either way I don't think he deserved the verbal beatdown he got. 

Oh well I hope PMDG don't work themselves sick.  We'll all still be here in the end.

Where did Eric imply Robert was being dishonest?  I guess i read it more as he is confused.  Either way I don't think he deserved the verbal beatdown he got. 

Clearly, you haven't seen the rest of his posts.  They constantly parse words in an effort to cast doubt on things (though, you're right, the doubt cast in his post was more to say things weren't lining up with what I said versus what Rob said...though I was just repeating what Rob said, earlier).  Thus my earlier post about the petulance, without actually addressing any of the content.  It's just not worth arguing with the guy.  He's in his own world.

Kyle Rodgers

Fair enough.  I hate that the environment around these threads can get so toxic at times.  As frustrating as it must be i hope it doesn't keep more updates from coming.  I'm more than happy to wait on quality...but i do love seeing the progress too :-)

Fair enough.  I hate that the environment around these threads can get so toxic at times.  As frustrating as it must be i hope it doesn't keep more updates from coming.  I'm more than happy to wait on quality...but i do love seeing the progress too :-)

AvSim has taken a bit of a dark turn recently, at least in the time i've been here.

I do hope the staff at PMDG aren't ill with stress. Remember guys for some of them this is their life's work and our feedback as a community, even the vocal minority of haters will inevitably have a personal impact on staff there.

Oh well I hope PMDG don't work themselves sick.  We'll all still be here in the end.

You are correct. I was not in any way trying to imply Robert was being misleading, dishonest or any other way with us. I was genuinely confused about what one of the beta testers had said in a post. Nothing more. I believe what Robert said 110%, have no reason to doubt him and was not trying to parse his words at all. If you read what I wrote and go off the assumption that I was simply confused as I know they usually run a long beta process to ensure the quality is there on release and what the beta guy said confused me. Nothing more. If I am guilty of not understanding verbatim what Robert originally said than I am sorry for that. I guess one of the downsides of forum communication is the "intent" of ones message cannot be gleaned sometimes simply through words. I was actually quite taken aback about the response from the head of the company coupled with his threat towards me of being banned from here with his analogy of myself being in a septic tank. I am in a professional career and in my 40's, not some teenager living in his mom's basement and found it quite demeaning. I don't need this stuff that bad, thus after this I not going to actively participate in this forum or have further communications with his company. 

Eric 

Guys,

I feel I need to let you guys know my feelings lately...

You know what, I think we all need to understand the kind of pressure the team is under in trying to get SP1 out the door. This has been challenging for us as you have seen in RSR's response.

If you could put yourselves in our shoes and think for a minute how it feels when we see you guys waging in forum war and at the same time we are sick or coming down with an illness that we cannot seem to get rid of  - AND - at the same time trying to get an update or product out the door in a timely manner.

I don't particularly enjoy coming into the forums anymore these days, it is just disheartening to see the kind of things that are said in the community. Is this the thanks we get for delivering products? If it is, then that is saddening. So for that reason alone, I have stopped particpating in the forum and let RSR/Ryan handle it. It's not what I signed up to be a part of PMDG for.

My passion is CLEARLY in developing incredible products that give people like me an experience of what it is to fly a 777. I know I will NEVER become a pilot in my lifetime, but this fulfills a passion in a way and at the same time, I'm a part of a company that produces incredible things. I don't need the forum to ruin that passion for me.

SO... we KNOW SP1 is hotly anticipated, we are just as eager as you are in getting it and the 300ER into your hands. All I am saying is, just for once and for all, can't we all get along in this age of digital communications and social media?

Regards,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Jason,

guess I've been there, too. Had to get over it. You are more important than this forum, and so is your life, your well-being, your work and your enthusiasm.

Take everything that's said in this forum with a huge grain of salt. Don't bother too much with it. Don't take us too seriously. (Or even better: Don't take us seriously at all!   :lol:)

This forum represents just a fraction of your customer base. And, it seems, occasionally, it's not the most positive one ...

Guys,

You know what, I think we all need to understand the kind of pressure the team is under in trying to get SP1 out the door. This has been challenging for us as you have seen in RSR's response.

If you could put yourselves in our shoes and think for a minute how it feels when we see you guys waging in forum war and at the same time we are sick or coming down with an illness that we cannot seem to get rid of  - AND - at the same time trying to get an update or product out the door in a timely manner.

I don't particularly enjoy coming into the forums anymore these days, it is just disheartening to see the kind of things that are said in the community. Is this the thanks we get for delivering products? If it is, then that is saddening. So for that reason alone, I have stopped particpating in the forum and let RSR/Ryan handle it. It's not what I signed up to be a part of PMDG for.

My passion is CLEARLY in developing incredible products that give people like me an experience of what it is to fly a 777. I know I will NEVER become a pilot in my lifetime, but this fulfills a passion in a way and at the same time, I'm a part of a company that produces incredible things. I don't need the forum to ruin that passion for me.

SO... we KNOW SP1 is hotly anticipated, we are just as eager as you are in getting it and the 300ER into your hands. All I am saying is, just for once and for all, can't we all get along in this age of digital communications and social media?

Regards,

The rumble above resulted from a confused forum user. You must also understand that with popularity comes hate. You can't have a company create wonderful products without bringing  the "entitlement" group. It's impossible. the fact is, we are thankful. I know we are.

It's hard to ignore the smaller unpleasant group of users in comparison to the majority who love these products, and love to share their knowledge peacefully. 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Oliver,

Of course thats the only advice one can say, and that is why I hardly post in the forum :-) I'm just happily busy working on other projects and assisting in whatever needs to be fixed or looked at in SP1.

At the moment, I'm flying a short flight in the 777 dodging CBs with the WX radar, it's a nice break and I'm enjoying the aircraft. We cannot wait until SP1 goes out to you guys, the 777 got that MUCH better :-)

Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I think updates from Robert should be locked and that would solve a lot of problems and misunderstandings.....

Joe Park

At the moment, I'm flying a short flight in the 777 dodging CBs with the WX radar, it's a nice break and I'm enjoying the aircraft. We cannot wait until SP1 goes out to you guys, the 777 got that MUCH better :-)

I really enjoy the products that PMDG has put out over the years,  My first was the MD-11, then 777 and the NGX.  I fly as much as possible.  I am really holding my self in check waiting for SP1, but with all the anticipation on my part, I feel that you need to take as much time as necessary to make a superb product even better. 

Jason, I have purchased ASN in anticipation of the release of SP1 and the 300ER and am enjoying ASN extremely while flying the 777 and the NGX.

Keep up the excellent work and do not take what a few posters say to heart.  The majority of us can and will wait for an excellent product.

Harry Nelson

Guys,

Regards,

Jason, I for one am refreshed by the transparency in your post.  It is honest and human... and I fully appreciate and respect that. 

It is easy for simmers to get caught up in the whole "I want it yesterday" craze and I am guilty of this as well.  Please accept my apology for being... impatient.  I am an analytics guy for a major corporation and I know what it takes to go through the whole report development process... and I can only imagine how much more complicated it is to pull off something like a PMDG product!

I am new to the PMDG forums, not necessarily to their products... but I do hope you will stick around.  Don't let a few bad apples ruin it for you... sometimes (only sometimes.... haha) drama can be a good thing, and hopefully this series of posts will show people how to properly priortize life... flight simming should come a great deal after personal health and well being.

Anyway, thanks again... and please realize there are scores of people out there that care more about their fellow man's health than market turnaround time and appreciate the efforts of PMDG.

-Phil

I think updates from Robert should be locked and that would solve a lot of problems and misunderstandings.....

Not sure how likely it is to solve anything if you really want to know. I get the feeling that somebody would invariably open a thread to ask a question, and the same thing would happen, just in a different thread.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Can we assume that PMDG 777 + SP1/300ER, will be also available for P3Dv2 when it launches?

No . As PMDG said in P3d Thread there are licensing issues that need to be iron out with Lockheed. There are plans of PMDG 777 for P3D but not this early.

Hence this one will be for FSX only.