Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Small nugget of info on v2.3

Shared by John V at ORBX:

P3D v2.3 is mostly a performance upgrade, with LM addressing further fluidity and FPS gains.

Post more as you hear / see it... :smile:

Great! With so much eye candy already added, now it's time to start working on better performance.

That's great news! it's getting better and better :yahoo:

Really great news! P3D is quite a beautiful sim, but at times it's pretty hard on my machine. Lets hope v2.3 changes that :wink:

Anything that impedes users natural flow will be hated; that's what kills software projects.  Good products aren't consciously recognized.   When people want water, you set up all your main city streets to the well, and keep the locals with their crafts and salesmen the heck out of the way.  

- Sun Too, the art of water

Anything that impedes users natural flow will be hated; that's what kills software projects. Good products aren't consciously recognized. When people want water, you set up all your main city streets to the well, and keep the locals with their crafts and salesmen the heck out of the way.

- Sun Too, the art of water

?

Matt Wilson

I wish we get an official nvidia profile with v2.3. Better aa and adaptive vsync would be nice. Shimmering and stuttering are killing immersion.

I wish we get an official nvidia profile with v2.3. Better aa and adaptive vsync would be nice. Shimmering and stuttering are killing immersion.

Couldn't agree more.

Matt Wilson

Yes, and an official SLI profile would be also amazing! ;)

Marko

Marko Barthel

vtadesign_bw.png

Agreed about shimmer/stutter.

Fluidity is what P3D needs now.

Shimmering and stuttering are killing immersion.

defrag :lol: i'm using old NVidia drivers(311.58) and don't have this issue

I like the sound of that statement, but.... I have learned not to get too excited.

Bob

Shared by John V at ORBX:

P3D v2.3 is mostly a performance upgrade, with LM addressing further fluidity and FPS gains.

Post more as you hear / see it... :smile:

Then it must be correct.

Only if together with a Mantle implementation. :D

Honestly however i think, the texture prefetch/load and shader optimisation for now have much more potential yield than any specific hardware profiling would be able to give.

Performance above the ocean is stil sillily low for something that should be quite easy for the GPU regardless of brand.

(since it is pretty much the same instruction very many times which is what nVidia/AMD GPU`s should be very good at.)