Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DylanM

Small nugget of info on v2.3

Shared by John V at ORBX:

P3D v2.3 is mostly a performance upgrade, with LM addressing further fluidity and FPS gains.

Post more as you hear / see it... :smile:

Great! With so much eye candy already added, now it's time to start working on better performance.

That's great news! it's getting better and better :yahoo:

Really great news! P3D is quite a beautiful sim, but at times it's pretty hard on my machine. Lets hope v2.3 changes that :wink:

Anything that impedes users natural flow will be hated; that's what kills software projects.  Good products aren't consciously recognized.   When people want water, you set up all your main city streets to the well, and keep the locals with their crafts and salesmen the heck out of the way.  

- Sun Too, the art of water

Anything that impedes users natural flow will be hated; that's what kills software projects. Good products aren't consciously recognized. When people want water, you set up all your main city streets to the well, and keep the locals with their crafts and salesmen the heck out of the way.

- Sun Too, the art of water

?

I wish we get an official nvidia profile with v2.3. Better aa and adaptive vsync would be nice. Shimmering and stuttering are killing immersion.

I wish we get an official nvidia profile with v2.3. Better aa and adaptive vsync would be nice. Shimmering and stuttering are killing immersion.

Couldn't agree more.

Yes, and an official SLI profile would be also amazing! ;)

Marko

Shimmering and stuttering are killing immersion.

defrag :lol: i'm using old NVidia drivers(311.58) and don't have this issue

I like the sound of that statement, but.... I have learned not to get too excited.

Bob

Shared by John V at ORBX:

P3D v2.3 is mostly a performance upgrade, with LM addressing further fluidity and FPS gains.

Post more as you hear / see it... :smile:

Then it must be correct.

Only if together with a Mantle implementation. :D

Honestly however i think, the texture prefetch/load and shader optimisation for now have much more potential yield than any specific hardware profiling would be able to give.

Performance above the ocean is stil sillily low for something that should be quite easy for the GPU regardless of brand.

(since it is pretty much the same instruction very many times which is what nVidia/AMD GPU`s should be very good at.)

Mantle is proprietory to AMD and said to be an alternative to Direct3D and OpenGL. Is Prepar3D likely to replace all its graphics code?

DirectX 12 would be better.  :wink:

That doesn`t exist yet. :wink:

mgh

Mantle is proprietory to AMD and said to be an alternative to Direct3D and OpenGL. Is Prepar3D likely to replace all its graphics code?

He who i quoted replied with a similarly proprietary solution, which is why i made a counter suggestion.

And as i said after, i think LM has more potential speed benefit hidden in their own programming than by making customized brand-specific optimizations.

Does true SLI work right now with nvidia gtx780ti's or is it a work around? When will SLI be officially supported?

That doesn`t exist yet. :wink:

And? By the time Lockheed Martin will be able incorporate Mantle support, DirectX 12 will be out.

I can't see how an official NVIDIA profile is a "proprietary solution", it's part of normal driver optimisation. It's not a feature that will be blocked on AMD GPUs.

I can't see how an official NVIDIA profile is a "proprietary solution", it's part of normal driver optimisation. It's not a feature that will be blocked on AMD GPUs.

.I think you've got that the wrong way round.

.I think you've got that the wrong way round.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. An official NVIDIA profile is part of normal driver optimisation, and AMD can do the same if they want to fully support Prepar3D. Mantle is an API which Lockheed Martin have to implement into Prepar3D, and only AMD GPUs will benefit from that.

I did misunderstand. As I said, Mantle is proprietory to AMD and said to be an alternative to Direct3D and OpenGL. Is Prepar3D likely to replace all its graphics code?

I did misunderstand. As I said, Mantle is proprietory to AMD and said to be an alternative to Direct3D and OpenGL. Is Prepar3D likely to replace all its graphics code?

Actually Mantle was built so that DirectX games can be ported to Mantle more easily compared to any other API like OpenGL. But Lockheed Martin won't do that because only a small amount of their userbase would benefit.

DirectX 12 on the other hand...