Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darrenkarp

Can I untick scenery libraries ?

Hi All,

I have FTX Global as well as some of their other areas installed. Can I untick some of the default scenery libraries to aid in faster load times, etc?

TIA

DK

I am not sure, but I'd not touch the default entries, as they might be important. However, since it's possible, you could of course try it, if it were absolutely vital to have them active, MS would most likely have taken measures to guarantee that.

I'm not sure whether that would improve anything, though.

Florian

Thanks very much. I'm sure I read somewhere, quite some time ago, that you could untick some scenery if you have FTX Global but not sure!

Have just tried it, from what I can tell you lose most of the default scenary/airports and doesnt really make much difference with FPS

I've unticked all of Europe, Asia, Central and South America locations since I only fly in the States and I haven't had any problems.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

You guys should use scenery config editor... That way you can save and load certain configs.

http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

I don't need the Scenery Config Editor. It's easy enough to enable and disable various Scenery Library entries as and when they are required.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters2.png

Yes but it's easier for me to do it outside of FSX before I go flying.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Brent Baker

I would not touch any default entries unless they related to areas in which I never flew.

I've never unticked any default entries myself (except when experimenting with my own scenery creations).

I do sometimes untick some of my add ons for testing or increasing loading times.

IAN