Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

Nice Aerocache Location

I was out the day before yesterday high altitude cousin (39,135) with the P-51. As I was descending, I noticed this in the distance.

2014-5-8_12-50-54-107.png

I changed to the CC and went in for a closer look.

2014-5-11_13-11-4-578.jpg

2014-5-11_13-11-41-978.jpg

This is looking back at it from the closest airport (Lime Village (2AK)). This would have made a good Aerocache.

2014-5-11_13-23-28-922.jpg

Haha that is a bad bug, but pretty cool looking.

I have actually recently figured out how to keep aerocaches working once the GFWL servers go down in July.  We will even be able to add our own new aerocaches, so if you guys notice good ones, remember where they are and we can add them.

That is great news stonelance you da man! Hopefully things will pick up a little more around here with that news. B)

Wishing a very good day to you and yours!

you da man! 

I totally agree! Glad to see a cheerful voice in the community. But a very interesting location indeed!

Excellent news! I never got into Aerocaches like some, but I think its great that those who really enjoy them won't have them torn away.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I also had a bunch ready to go. Some had already been turned in but never used. I have found some really nice locations. Now if I could just remember where they were! Currently I still stand at 348 out of 350.

Edit: Make that 349 out of 350. Just for the heck of it I checked the permanent Aerocache list again and Kaaawa Valley, Oahu popped up and was unchecked. So I went out and got it right away. Nice to hear that "ping" again. Never hearts to check. That is not the first that has suddenly appeared on the list.

Steve

Bug?  Gee, I think it's one of those purposeful easter eggs MS if known for. :lol:

I'm sure looking forward to us being able to place and publish aerocaches for the pilots that still fly Flight. This will be a super addition and as stated above, rekindle some interest in this great sim.

JPC55  -    Very cool shots and location.  I hope you saved that location so it can be an aerocache one day.  Thanks for posting.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I would only suggest them to somebody like Tom or Steve in a pm. I consenter them as Guru's at it. I don't know how to do it myself, "but I will hunt everyone up that is put in"  :ph34r: Not knowing that stonelance had this in the works, I think I gave away the location. Its anybody's to use or abuse as they choose. lol :lol:  

Thanks 188AHC, and a good day to all! 

Great news, Steve! Thank you and looking forward to this very much. The Aerocache Hunts turned out to be very popular and a way for users to share common experiences.

I shall certainly contribute to any list of Aerocache locations along with other forum members.

Best regards.

Luis

Almost as much as aerocaches the next big draw was the social aspect of being able to fly together.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'd love to get multiplayer working as well, but I think that is substantially more work.  Unfortunately connecting multiple machines on the internet is no simple task any more!  NAT traversal is complex.

Maybe sometime in the future or as a project for someone else.

Just curious: have you figured out MotDs as well? It would be a cool way to keep users informed of new Flight Toolkit developments while in game. :)