Sign in to follow this  
Humberside

Slow Climbs

Joe,

What does the TAT value on the upper engine display in the NGX show while this is happening? If it's anything other than a large negative number once you get into the flight levels you've got the temperature bug with your weather. The real plane would do the exact same thing if the temperature was so high at high altitude - the air density gets super low and the wing can't generate enough lift to climb.

Would highly recommend buying one of the weather addons instead of trying to use weather from FSInn or SB4 or whatever - they're very well known to bug the temperature in this way. You can still load weather from the VATSIM servers using ASN but the depiction will be much more realistic and without these bugs that cause problems like this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,

The TAT was around +40-+50, ill look into getting ASN, this problem only happens with the NGX, the T7 and JS41 are fine 

Thanks

Joe

The TAT was around +40-+50

There's the problem.  It should be negative (altitude depending).

Example:

Current temp over EMI at 39000 (as of right now) is -56C.  At Mach 0.78, you should see a TAT of about -22.

this problem only happens with the NGX, the T7 and JS41 are fine 

My bet is that the 777 didn't have problem with it because the FSInn/SB weather bug just didn't show up on that flight (or you flew it offline).  The JS41 doesn't really do high enough for it to really cause issues.

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure of your experience level......You have raised the landing gear, retracted flaps and spoilers?

It's the FSinn weather bug. 

Above FL245, FSinn sees all temperatures as positave. So -50 degrees shows up as +50°

This changes Density Altitude http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density_altitude

Reducing the lift and power output.

High density altitudes cause aircraft acceleration to be slower, and require a higher true airspeed to attain the same amount of lift.

With aircraft with less performance this can even cause stall.

Disable FSinn weather, and use only the default FSX generated weather (or better, ActiveSky Next).

If you don't want to disable FSinn weather, limit your flights to altitudes below 24,000ft.

Do not use vatsim weather (disable it). It's a known issue. You can use any other weather addon or default FSX weather.

Sweet Lord. Guys, I appreciate that people think they know what they're talking about when giving advice, but a work around thst messes up other things is not a fix. I realize its popular to reguritate info from another posts, but you experts only make matters worse. Just turn off VATSIM weather for someone who flys on the network is bad advice.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Sweet Lord. Guys, I appreciate that people think they know what they're talking about when giving advice, but a work around thst messes up other things is not a fix. I realize its popular to reguritate info from another posts, but you experts only make matters worse. Just turn off VATSIM weather for someone who flys on the network is bad advice.

Well there are only 2 options.

1: Turn off FSinn weather (and preferably use any other weather engine such as ActiveSky, Opus, even the default FSX 'real time weather')

2: Don't fly above FL240. ever.

Then you have the utter rediculous idea of using FSinn weather till a controller clears you above FL240, then go and turn it off, load up another weather source (ie one you should have been using from the get-go) then climb. 

Good luck not 'pausing' during that change. good luck that pause not being an FSX freeze as you change weather sources mid-flight.

My solution was to turn off FSX weather and use OpusFSX weather.

Guys, just stop, please. I realize you want to help, but whzt you are posting is either inaccurate or incomplete information and it will mislead those who will read this thread in the future when looking for help. If you're a good person whk cares about helping others then just stop posting. Please, and sincerely, just stop. The complete and accurate answer was provided some time ago.

Respectfully,

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Turning off the FSinn weather is good advice. In fact it should be the only advice. "Use ActiveSky Next and deactivate FSinn's weather system entirely" may be the best possible advice, although this obviously requires the purchase of ActiveSky Next.

The only disadvantage of turning off the FSinn weather is now your high quality payware aircraft will work properly now.

... oh wait, that's not a disadvantage.

When 777-300ER and SP1 are released, there's only going to be one way to make the weather radar work too, summed up as "Turn off FSinn weather updates and use ActiveSky Next".

I have got 1000s of hours on the NG. And I am looking into ASN

Never mind, I saw your answer above.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I appreciate all the help people have offered,

I am now buying ASN to get around the problem

one last thing. I have just bought ASN and I am completing a flight HAAB - EGKK, I have got the vatsim online weather box checked as DaveT2003 said to do this, at HAAB the wind was 050@02 and the QNH was 1013, which would have put me unground, (the real QNH was 1023) there was no way of checking ATIS on the wx page it said 'no ATIS avaliable'. then at Gatwick the wind is 180@09, on active sky it says Gatwick is 000@04 , why is this so different when I have ticked vatsim online weather. (the vatsim weather is disabled through FSINN)

Thanks

Joe