Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

Earth Simulations Sale! some items 50%!

Just done my first test flight at Alderney. Never had it before so am trying to verify a few things from anyone who knows that airport. Is just one runway asphalt and the rest grass?

Glad to read somebody else too had laboriously pedestrian download speeds. And wish I'd read your post, Jackson, earlier even though I don't have Orbx FTX Global, England, Wales, et al.

Rick,

I have never suffered download problems from Earth Simulations. I do not know why yourself and others have suffered problems, but I can assure you that the ES download service is normally very fast and efficient. It has always been that way for me. I assume that your payment problems were sorted?

You are correct with respect to Alderney. The main runway 08/26 is asphalt, and the other two runways are grass. Maybe post some screenshots of the airfield and island so that I can check to see if you have everything installed OK?

Oh, and by the way.....Earth Simulations are the only company that have tried to find a solution to the problem of autogen conflicts with other scenery. Their MergeES utility apparently sorts this out, and details of this can be found on the ES website. So, when I see comments like "notorious issue with autogen not working properly when certain ORBx products are installed", I would like to point out that this is an ORBx issue, not an ES one.

David,

I was referring to your sarcastic "trees, eh? I can hardly contain my enthusiasm" comment. ES Treescapes is a quality product, and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand when you have no experience of it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The MergES utility has a couple of bugs, which the veritable Arno is looking at to try and fix. In the meantime there is a page on the ES help desk where you can download a set of autogen definition files that make prettying any set of sceneries compatible, including OrbX.

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I agree the download speeds were pretty bad yesterday,It took nearly two hours to download 2GB of files.

No complaints with EGJB though, there is a warning to disable any FTX scenery you have before you install any ES stuff

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I agree the download speeds were pretty bad yesterday,It took nearly two hours to download 2GB of files.

No complaints with EGJB though, there is a warning to disable any FTX scenery you have before you install any ES stuff

How do I disable ftx global? Uninstall it? Because there is not an option to disable it in the control panel. As I mentioned, I don't have any other orbx regions installed.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Naif,

Is there an entry for FTX Global in the Scenery Menu?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The Scenery Library. I am not sure if there will be or not, because (if I am not mistaken) FTX Global only replaces textures?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

There are 4 entries.

Title=ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA

Title=ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA1

Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU1

Title=FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
Local=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

If you want to disable FTX Global when using the ES scenery packages, then I would assume that you would need to untick OPENLC_BASE and OPENLC_EUROPE1. However, I am not an expert, so you may need to experiment. Have you actually checked to see if they work together?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Naif

ES & Orbx sceneries will work together. 

If you're having any problems please consider opening a support ticket here, and give us a description of what isn't right. I'm sure we will be able to sort you out.

You might just need the Autogen compatibility files, which you'll find here.

Hi,

I did download them and installed them but to no avail. As I said, with Guernsey, airport buildings and autogen don't show up. With IOM, airport buildings show up but not autogen. I still hear the sound effects like seagulls.

I am going to open a support ticket.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

Hi Christopher

Realised why my downloads were taking ages. On the right-hand side of that ESI Start panel were options for various bits which I had not spotted when doing the first Alderney download. Thereafter I unchecked most of those options and it went smoothly. But am still wondering why is it that airport at Alderney has one runway 08/26 in asphalt and the others such as 03/21 are grass, Is that a normal setting for that particular airport?

Haven't got around to downloading the others as the footie was on.

Rick,

Why would you think that one asphalt runway and two grass runways is odd? Quite a few UK airfields have this combination. Check out Northampton Sywell, Cambridge, West Wales Aberporth, or Shoreham. As for Alderney, just check out the Google Earth image, or the airfield diagram on the NATS AIS website!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher. I just have never ever come across any airports in FSX with a mix of grass and asphalt runways, hence the poser. If that's the norm, then I have no problem, but will check as per your closing statement.