Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

Earth Simulations Sale! some items 50%!

Much as my mind goes back to recent BBC Watchdog edition that reported a certain sports chain linked to certain N-E Premier League club owner where items were marked 'Upto 50% Off' and when the actual calculations at the cash desk were made, it did not quite amount to the hook-line 50% tag, I will however, on the recommendations endorsed here and elsewhere, buy the reduced sceneries. The way I look at it, iMHO, even if I only save £1, it is £1 extra for me to spend elsewhere.

You will not regret it, Rick. Please post a few screenshots to prove to the rest of the world what they are missing :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi

The products listed here are all 50%+ reduced with the exception of any bundle deals. (as they're already reduced.)

Tree's eh?  I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,

Those trees make a massive difference to the realism when using UK photoscenery. I have no idea if you use this type of scenery or not, but taking cheap shots at Earth Simulations for no reason whatsoever is not welcome as far as I am concerned. Darren and Vicki work hard to provide the rest of us with high quality addon packages for FSX, and some of us are actually grateful for that.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Jackson

Very salient and interesting points you raise. Maybe now I really do have an excuse to get my Q400 out of its hangar since I bought it, and use it to island-hop and enjoy this scenery. If only FS2Crew would make Button Version, or I had bought that piece of training add-on for the Q400.

You won't regret it Rick, I have the EGNS and EGJB (my initials :)) and with the Dash-8, well, suddenly, the airbus is boring.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Bought & installed the Shawbury scenery, as Welshpool & Cosford are my usual bases for FSX flying.

Been impressed so far, the addition of different tree types makes a much bigger difference to the landscape than you might think. Only explored a small part so far, but already seeing much in the way of new scenery & objects.

Looking forward to exploring it all in my new Just Flight Chipmunk!!

and with the Dash-8, well, suddenly, the airbus is boring.

Hate to hijack this thread, but this statement is spot on. For the first time almost ever, 45 minute hops in the Q400 are far more appealing to me than a 90 minute flight in the NGX or the A320. Seriously, all my commercial flights for the past maybe 2 months have been Q400s.

Carry on!

Just bought Isle of Man, Alderney Island, Guersnsey Island, and  Isles of Scilly. That's £72.76 blown there. And I still  have Orbx to get. I'll take a breather for the next few days!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

Has anybody else had a screw-up with Earth? I opted to pay by CC and it seems somewhere along the lines got crossed cause I've just received an email from them saying that the PayPal payment did not go through, which is rather strange when I opted to pay by CC. I do not want to end up paying twice.

Not good omens, my very first order with them.

Dave,

. I have no idea if you use this type of scenery or not, but taking cheap shots at Earth Simulations for no reason whatsoever is not welcome as far as I am concerned.

I'm not taking cheap shots at anyone here.

I was merely questioning the OP's title and when eventually I was told what is 50% off, I was naturally disappointed as I would like the I.O.M. 

Therefore I resent your accusation.

Dave Taylor gb.png

The title of this thread does say 'some' items 50% off :P

The email I got advising me of the offer said 30-50% off so maybe you just misinterpreted the OPs title as meaning all items on offer were 50% off? ..the prices posted before seem like 30% off which is spot on to the developers offer :) Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Has anybody downloaded any of these sceneries, and if so, did they experience downland speeds of around 97Kb for a 1.39Gb file size? Jeez, at that rate Christmas will soon be here. Is that what others have experienced or am I just experiencing a severe server overload. I have a 50Mbps connection and this is ridiculous.

I bought Guernsey and IOM. Guernsey took 6 hours @130 kbs and IOM took 10 hours @330 kbs and both didn't work. Guernsey had no airport buildings and no autogen while IOM the airport buildings showed up but no autogen. I just uninstalled them and said good bye to the money.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

They have a notorious issue with their autogen not showing up when certain ORBX stuff is active...I remember there was a pretty thorough post on the ORBX forums about getting them to work in tandem, so you should look there.

Hope it helps!

They have a notorious issue with their autogen not showing up when certain ORBX stuff is active...I remember there was a pretty thorough post on the ORBX forums about getting them to work in tandem, so you should look there.Hope it helps!

I only have ftx global. I will check it out, thanks.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205