Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

PMDG will announce their X-Plane project within the next 2 months

Given their track record of meeting deadlines I seriously doubt it.

David Porrett

Given their track record of meeting deadlines I seriously doubt it.

They don't really follow any 'deadlines' per-say. They may have internal project deadlines for their products but they mainly work based on a philosophy of 'it will be released when it's ready'. They also didn't state that it will be released then but only announce what the project will be, it may still be some time before it's actually released.

It will be really interesting to see what it will be though, and how it will compare in terms of quality to their FSX line of products considering this is a new platform for them that they've never worked with before.

An announcement of an announcement :smile:

Will be interesting to see which plane it's actually going to be. They've already stated it isn't the NGX/777 or the 747, so very curious which one they're actually doing.

Just read the news adn announcement from PMDG!

This is really great news!

I am really most positively excited about it and can't wait to find out exactly then "what it is"!

Great!

I am guessing something like a 767...

An area where I now spend 100%, well, 99% with the remaining 1% in Condorsoaring, is Air Combat.

Knowing that X-Plane can easily model wepons, from the simplest bullets to sophisticated missiles, I would like to test a good ww1 or ww2 fighter, with the most detailed fdm available given the limitations of X-Plane, or using the new datarefs which will most probably allow for rather interesting fine tuning of aircraft flight characteristics.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

My guess is a less complex aircraft just to try the water.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the an older conversion like the B1900C or D.

+1

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

Given their track record with timelines, it's probably best to simply ignore that they said an announcement is coming in the next 60 days and just pretend it didn't happen.

If they keep true to their hopes, you can be pleasantly surprised! If they slip, you don't get cranky like the folks waiting for their B777 service pack release. For better or worse, they're like a pack of starving wild dogs in there - barking at even the slightest sniff of fresh meat when it comes to information.

-Greg

It'll be interesting to see if whatever they're doing will drag users from FSX just to use it, especially the fence sitters. :)

I really am looking forward to PMDG finally making a presence in the X-Plane community! I really hope that the 1st plane will be the 777 and the 737 NGX to follow! Please come true. :) Or even the 747 v2!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

We're all left speculating again...sigh.

My guess is that it will be the JS41 - "getting our feet wet" probably wouldn't be a large jet with tons of systems as their first project.

They could just as well come in from left field with something they have never done before and surprise everyone.