Sign in to follow this  
math341c

Any good atc addons?

So far loving RC new voices are great and alot easier than PFE to setup :)

Vernon Howells

alot easier than PFE to setup :)

Vernon I am glad you like it, RC has been serving many of us well for a long time.

It is certainly very easy to set up and very reliable plus the support in the Radar Contact forum here at Avsim is very good.

Settle down with a beer and read through the manual to get the most out of the program.

Adventure Text Display (ADV) Setup

this isn't showing up in my menu mad dog? also i changed the commands now none of it is working dude

Vernon Howells

Guest JustanotherPilot

I went down this path several months ago and after research and recommendations opted for PFE, boy was that a mistake, something inherited from FS2000 ported over to FSX. It' isn't cheap and to be of any use additional voicespacks had to be purchased. It is complicated and takes a lot of learning, the ATC interaction just doesn't cut it. The only plus is the ability for it to assign SIDS and STARS.(which you predefine in your flightplan) Each flightplan has to be converted then loaded via the PFE engine, which runs separate to FSX. The instructional 'videos' from the website are merely still images saved in video format and offer little explanation and tuition in setup and use. A lot of trial and error is necessary, frustration is evident in the forum.

I am now looking at ProATX as an alternative, but it too has many limitations.

Adventure Text Display (ADV) Setup

this isn't showing up in my menu mad dog?

Adventure text display is no longer used, instead Fsuipc supplies a transparent window

See this pinned topic in the Radar Contact forum.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/272752-fsuipc-widefs-showtext-settings-for-rc-43/

Fsuipc settings for RC

Show Multiline Window should be ON if you want RC's window on the FS screen, OFF if you are using ShowText instead (whether on the same or a WideFS networked PC). This is really the only one related to RC's menus and operates the window which replaces the old defunct AdvDisplay module.

What is this wide fs networked pc?

The window appears and it was working till i changed the key commands

Vernon Howells

What is this wide fs networked pc?

You can run Radar Contact and many other Flight sim tools on a networked machine/laptop ect by using WideFS, which is a companion program also written by Peter Dowson.

I have Radar Contact running on a laptop via wideFS and utilising Showtext by Rob van der wiele to show Radar Contacts output on the laptop.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

The window appears and it was working till i changed the key commands

Have you restarted Radar Contact and FSX since altering the key commands ?

Make sure than no other programs are using the same commands and be aware that the FSX main screen can lose focus if the mouse is moved away from it, if the Rader contact/fsuipc window is not accepting your input try clicking anywhere on the FSX screen.

I am now looking at ProATX as an alternative

That would be an even bigger mistake IMHO.

PFE works fine once you are used to it, but you are correct it can be nightmare to get working.

Radar Contact is straight forward to operate and has been working well for years now.

Tried the lot mad dog ! what is that show text is that instead of the blue window?

i pressed f12 and gave me atis i didn't even assign that key lol whats going on

also i set TL TA to fl 060 and its comes up as FL070 loosing patience now

Vernon Howells

Tried the lot mad dog ! what is that show text is that instead of the blue window

Showtext can be used to display Radar Contact's display on a networked machine. you do not need it, the Fsuipc display is fine.

Lets take this to the Radar Contact forum, I can see that Ronzie has responded to your earlier post there, we will get you going no worries.

Tried the lot mad dog ! what is that show text is that instead of the blue window

Showtext can be used to display Radar Contact's display on a networked machine. you do not need it, the Fsuipc display is fine.

Lets take this to the Radar Contact forum, I can see that Ronzie has responded to your earlier post there, we will get you going no worries.

I am now looking at ProATX as an alternative, but it too has many limitations.

And you think you got problems now?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Can you use PFPX to import FP

If PFPX exports in *.pln format then yes.

Any flightplanner that can export in FSX native format can be used