Sign in to follow this  
math341c

Any good atc addons?

The Stars are already in your FMC, call them up from there and fly them, Radar contact does not care what Star you fly or what waypoints constitute the star.

What happens is that ATC will ask what type of approach you require as you near your destination.

Either select Vectors in which case RC will give you headings to fly to bring you to a point where you can intercept the ILS.

Or you can choose IAP which means that you will fly the STAR that you have selected in your FMC of fly the route on your plate, Approach will pick you up at the end of this and  give you your landing instructions.

Or you can choose a Visual approach in which case it is up to you how you get established on the approach.

Thanks, so it works pretty much like PFE

Just PFE cracked me up tonight had a good flight untill it forgot about me for my descend so there all bad as each other lol

I'm not a PFE expert (I think that all the computerized ATC programs does a terrible job at simulating ATC, I only fly online with real human ATCOs), but in real life it's not up to ATC to start your descent. The pilots need to request their descent once they reach their top of descent. You might have to do the same thing in PFE

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Guys thanks for all you answers! Im just back from holiday. I think i will buy the Radar contact, i have readed all you posts, and it seems to be the best option to me. But i want also that atc chatter. I found out you need your own sound atc files for fdc live cockpit, does any know where i can download any sound packs for it, if there are payware, its ok :) Thanks.

There are payware chatter files for ProATC at realatc.net. Maybe he has chatter files also for Radar Contact?

Just type meatwater into the Avsim file lib search box.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Will have a look for you

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ok i have downloaded all files 1 to 10 now i have folders 1 to 100 is there mean't to be some numbers missing?

Vernon Howells

Did you read the instructions that came with it ? If you downloaded all 10, and the zips opened, you have them all.

Some folders that are not in the zips are  default RC folders.

Vernon, there is a file in every zip very aptly called  "you_cant_read_can_you.txt".

In there you will find the instructions but here they are anyway

Browse to your main Radar Contact 4 directory and open the folder "winwood". In there, create a new folder called "backup". Now MOVE all directories starting with "0" up to "98" to this newly created folder. This will be your backup in case you should want to revert to the default files.

After downloading all 10 parts of this package, simply unzip them to the Radar Contact 4/winwood directory - that's all!

Remember Backup your Winwood directory first !!, I have two Winwood directories that i can swap between as the mood takes me, default and Meatwater simply by renaming them.

maddog you missed my point mate i know that

what i'm asking is, i have downloaded all file 1 to 10 yeh but the folders you get are 1 to 100 yeh? ie 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 13 and so but i have some numbers missing....

Vernon Howells

No you do not get folders 1 to 100, nowhere in the documentation does it say that you should have 100 folders, how did you arrive at that assumption ?

Just follow the instructions regarding what directories to backup and unzip the zip files into your winwood directory.

If you do not strictly follow the instructions you will end up reinstalling Radar Contact, that is why the instructions are in every zip file.