Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

One thing I noticed today...

I just was testing some new configuration to try in ASN... loaded the default cessna had 34fps that is my limit set. Press Y and put up in the sky the cessna to just see how ASN behaves... and still I have 34fps...

Ok I shouldn't need Fiber.. but I start it to see what happens. It lower the fps to my 23 fps minimun target. 

Close Fiber.. and the fps are back to 34... Open again and 23fps...

why that drop of fps when FSX can run at 34 without any problem? When I have low fps without Fiber, it raises me the fps to the minimun more or less... but why it drop me the performance when everything is good?

Have the latest version. 34 limit high and 23fps limit minimum in fiber.

Thanks!

Yes, I think this is a bug. Fiber is acting like a frame rate limiter at all times instead of allowing FSX to go up to the FSX menu high limit if conditions allow it.

It lower the fps to my 23 fps minimun target.

Close Fiber.. and the fps are back to 34... Open again and 23fps.

Are you exiting FSX and reloading before checking your fps? I seem to remember they said you needed to do that to clear the internal changes they were making. Just exiting FA isn't enough although I agree it should be.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My changes are hot. So I was loading FSX without loading Fiber, and then inside FSX while running, loaded Fiber. Closed, and loaded again.

I hope it is a bug, because I would like to have it always behind to ensure good fps all the time.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Are you exiting FSX and reloading before checking your fps? I seem to remember they said you needed to do that to clear the internal changes they were making. Just exiting FA isn't enough although I agree it should be.

Yes, I think this is a bug. Fiber is acting like a frame rate limiter at all times instead of allowing FSX to go up to the FSX menu high limit if conditions allow it.

One thing I noticed today...

I just was testing some new configuration to try in ASN... loaded the default cessna had 34fps that is my limit set. Press Y and put up in the sky the cessna to just see how ASN behaves... and still I have 34fps...

Ok I shouldn't need Fiber.. but I start it to see what happens. It lower the fps to my 23 fps minimun target. 

Close Fiber.. and the fps are back to 34... Open again and 23fps...

why that drop of fps when FSX can run at 34 without any problem? When I have low fps without Fiber, it raises me the fps to the minimun more or less... but why it drop me the performance when everything is good?

Have the latest version. 34 limit high and 23fps limit minimum in fiber.

Thanks!

This is what I was trying to say some posts back.

I only need this thing, if it's working properly, in heavy demand areas.  When I fly less demanding areas, I can easily get high frames and smooth flying.  Heck I was flying Yellowstone yesterday with frames set at 40 limited and was getting a steady 35....so what would I need FA for, nothing.

When I shut off FA, it does not go back to what I refer to as my default higher frames and smoothness.  To be effective, it should.

Personally, I have shelved this app for now, it just doesn't do it for me.  I just avoid the heavy demand urban areas where my sim performance drops to unacceptable limits.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

@ For the last 5 replies...

FA not only tries to reach a target frame for you but also make your graphics better.

When you were getting 34fps high on air (without FA) this means that you were getting them by seriously reducing the available graphics quality (since you load Fiber and get only the target set on Fiber). 

When you are using Fiber it tries to catch first the frame rate set inside FA and then make your graphics better. (2nd and 3rd bars moving to the right).

Despite our tries on explaining this, multiple times, most users see FA as a "Frame machine" and nothing more...

We will try to adjust:

V1.2 that is almost ready (probable ETA tomorrow or the day after) will clear these matters further.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

I certainly do get it.

I'm saying that my FSX performance, overall, smoothness and graphics, is better without FA in low demanding areas.  I can fly faster, no blurriness etc without FA in these areas.

However, in demanding areas, high urban, lots of custom objects etc, then FA works well for me, smoothing out the flow, keeping frames low but graphics high.

I will keep testing in different settings.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I understand now the work in Fiber. 

Would be nice to have an option to just let Fiber to make your graphics better or leave them as we have in config and return to the locked maximun ones.... because for me I like the way they are when they are smooth at 34fps locked.. and would preffer to have those 34fps instead of 23fps and better graphics (that barelly cannot see. Just you told me, I believe you)

Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

@ For the last 5 replies...

FA not only tries to reach a target frame for you but also make your graphics better.

When you were getting 34fps high on air (without FA) this means that you were getting them by seriously reducing the available graphics quality (since you load Fiber and get only the target set on Fiber). 

When you are using Fiber it tries to catch first the frame rate set inside FA and then make your graphics better. (2nd and 3rd bars moving to the right).

Despite our tries on explaining this, multiple times, most users see FA as a "Frame machine" and nothing more...

We will try to adjust:

V1.2 that is almost ready (probable ETA tomorrow or the day after) will clear these matters further.

Ah, finally I also understand. Agree with Japo32, would prefer to have my frame rate go back to the FSX value instead of Fiber ADDING on additional graphic effects.

BD,

I bought FSFA from PC Aviator. Will I have to ask them for the update or will it be available on your site?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

BD,

I bought FSFA from PC Aviator. Will I have to ask them for the update or will it be available on your site?

Just click check for updates in the config panel of fa,  it most likely  update it  for you automatically hopefully

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

But, when I fly outside of a demanding area I do not get a smooth a flight as I would if I had no FA.  When I shut off FA I do not return to my normal default performance.  If I reboot FSX I can fly those non demanding areas with very very high frames and smooth flight. IE: around Orbx Crater Lake I can hit 30 frames and stay there continually but with FA running I only get say 18 and when I shut off FA because I am getting blurries my frames never go back up to the 30 I get from a cold start of FSX.

+1.

Would be nice to have an option to just let Fiber to make your graphics better or leave them as we have in config and return to the locked maximun ones.... because for me I like the way they are when they are smooth at 34fps locked.. and would preffer to have those 34fps instead of 23fps and better graphics (that I barelly cannot see. Just you told me, I believe you)

+1 here as well.

I think the general idea many of us are agree on is that although FA might technically be making adjustments to give us a better looking view in less dense/demanding areas, it would be nice if FA would really shut off and restore out settings when ask it to shut off during a flight.

As someone with a half-way decently tweaked config file, I'd like to use this tool to basically help me out when I'm taking off and landing.  Config files are static (obviously), and a big selling point of FA is that it is dynamic because it changes things while you fly.  I think the way to make it truly dynamic is to allow it to completely shut off -- and thus return our systems to the way they were before we launch FA -- without having to reboot FSX.  Hope that makes sense.

I think this product has a lot of potential; as is, it's already pretty damn good!  Just trying to clarify what some of us are asking for specifically.  Keep up the good work,  Cheers.