Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

Hi 1st flightsim guy

The very reason I uninstalled the program it effect frames when disabling with FSX struggling the only thing to d s re boot FSX. FA always went to the lower frame rate when running I get better results with it off.... I think when I tried the Demo it was purely placebo....so until an improvement comes along it stays off my system.

Cheers

How do I know for sure if I have 3.5 SP1 installed?

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 3, there's a verification tool that you can run to determine whether you have the proper versions installed. The AVSIM CTD Guide is located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi there!

I've just tested the "lower-20/upper-40" frame limit setting flying the PMDG T7F. The FSPS "Fiber Accelerator" makes everything "flowing as it should be".

My (standard) test scenerio was a short hop from EDDK06 to EDDF07R were everything happens in very tight succession: cold&dark cockpit, cargo loading, FMC programming, pushback, taxi, take off, CLB/CRZ(FL080)/DES, approach, land, taxi, parking, cargo unloading, cockpit cold&dark.

The only thing I noticed were blurred textures for a few seconds while on approach at about 800ft AGL at EDDF (looking out of the left cockpit window). But all the time the feel for the sim (views, controls, switches etc.) was fluent.

For a few seconds a blurry texture while approaching a complex airport is IMO much more acceptable than the typical stroboscopic effect (permanent or periodic) caused by standard (fixed) tweaked fsx.cfg files.

So, once more, thanks FSPS for realizing this great idea!

BTW: In the P3D forum I started last year a thread about a "downstream autoconfiguration" that should "autoconfigure" the cfg file. Ironically I suggested that the M.I.T. should develop it, because it must be really hard to find a cure for the "tweaking disease". Now FSPS came along with the genious dynamic tweak idea. I would say: award winning at least!

Greetings,

Claus

3.51 does not show up in Programs & Features as it is installed with windows 7 & 8. You need to click on the left menu in P &  F and select "Turn Windows features on & Off and scroll down till you see it. Make sure it is ticked. I found mine un ticked, and I suspect that something I installed turned it off.

My square was solid blue for 3.51, that measn a partial install so I clicked the two boxes from the drop down menu and now the box is checked.

Regards

Lamar Wright

yep  that  was the case for me as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

a) First we don't play with your settings. We directly communicate with FSX with a new method.
b ) The demo is fully functional to check what happens in the worst case scenario. (That is at the worst frame-killer airport you ve got.) If you like it there it is just sure you will like it anywhere...
c) "It can fix it, all you have to do is pay" IS NOT WHAT WE DO... We say: "It can fix it, all you have to do is freely try it with the demo, and IF YOU LIKE IT buy it ."

I was a huge skeptic, I run a older i975 with a gtx 580, I can't believe how smooth my sim is now, locked my frames at 58 and the lower frames at 24, had a flight around FSDT JFK wow it was like butter.I will be buying this, the way i see it, you just saved me money on a PC upgrade. Congrats  

If you install a turbo-intercooler rated 7 bar on an old Yugo car , trying to get 200hp from the initial 45hp , wouldn't you harm the whole thing?

If you set realistic fps values inside FA, there would be no blurries... Try the demo of v.1.1 or wait some more days for the demo of v.1.2 to reach to your own verdict.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

I bought the FA, I run at 30 FPS within fsx settings but people have been reporting blurries when FA is set to 30 FPS

There is no "magic" fps number to set. You will have to fill the settings according to your PC, as each PC is different.

For others it could be 15 or 25 or 40 or 60... People may report what they want. The question is what do YOU report ?

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

I bought the FA, I run at 30 FPS within fsx settings but people have been reporting blurries when FA is set to 30 FPS

I have noticed blurries at low altitude.  I took a screen shot but unable to load it in AVISM as an example.  Unfortunately I also still have bad frame rates along with the blurries with FSPS.

Cray Foley

I took a screen shot but unable to load it in AVISM as an example.

Make sure you check out our new Image Posting rules and look in the Screenshot Forum for details on how to embed an image from another website.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OK helpful info on validation of Net 3.5 SP1 thanks.  So I do in fact have it installed and turned on.  I just needed to know for sure so that any comments I make are valid.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

One thing I noticed today...

I just was testing some new configuration to try in ASN... loaded the default cessna had 34fps that is my limit set. Press Y and put up in the sky the cessna to just see how ASN behaves... and still I have 34fps...

Ok I shouldn't need Fiber.. but I start it to see what happens. It lower the fps to my 23 fps minimun target. 

Close Fiber.. and the fps are back to 34... Open again and 23fps...

why that drop of fps when FSX can run at 34 without any problem? When I have low fps without Fiber, it raises me the fps to the minimun more or less... but why it drop me the performance when everything is good?

Have the latest version. 34 limit high and 23fps limit minimum in fiber.

Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane