Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

Why didn't you try the 5 X 1 hour demo?

Because the first 3 times i did it wrong and without my overclock ,My mistake.

But i have my license at simmarket.com

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Sorry but i just bought it and already i am in the league for a uninstall.

I have better performance with my old setup using unlimited FPS and Adaptive Vsync with latest drivers from Nvidia. Better FPS and crisper terrain .

You have the same system as Pete Dowson and myself. Are you not seeing better smoothness as we both have?

What airport did you use for your test?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You have the same system as Pete Dowson and myself. Are you not seeing better smoothness as we both have?

What airport did you use for your test?

At first my placebo effect was teasing me but no. I do still believe my Adaptive Vsync and unlimited is doing an overall better performance for me with the latest Nvidia drivers (so far using the PMDG 777)

I think its because i am getting smooth flight all the way down to 21-22 fps and somehow still getting faster terrain draw than with FA. I also still find it strange my CPUload is about 20-30% all time with FA.

Test scenarie is EGLL(UK2000V3) and FTX England, Flightbeam KSFO with FTX NCA,

But again its my fault - so i dont trying to be a bad customer. Many people might take an advantage of this software. I was just to quick i guess :-)

EDIT:

I also use the trick to have EVGA limiter set at 30 (this is not a FPS limiter in real terms)

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I do still believe my Adaptive Vsync and unlimited is doing an overall better performance for me with the latest Nvidia drivers (so far using the PMDG 777)

Fair enough if you feel that's doing a better job.

I think its because i am getting smooth flight all the way down to 21-22 fps and somehow still getting faster terrain draw than with FA. I also still find it strange my CPUload is about 20-30% all time with FA.

I guess you have Ai set fairly low to get those fps inbound to EGLL. Taxiing around Pete was reporting 14 or so but smoother than 16+ before FA. I must admit I fail to understand the CPU Load graph. It seems illogical at times.

But again its my fault - so i dont trying to be a bad customer. Many people might take an advantage of this software. I was just to quick i guess :-)

If by your fault you mean you were too quick to buy then you may not be alone. But I imagine the majority are pleased with what it gives us. You won't be able to transfer the licence. That's never permitted.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

At first my placebo effect was teasing me but no. I do still believe my Adaptive Vsync and unlimited is doing an overall better performance for me with the latest Nvidia drivers (so far using the PMDG 777)

Test scenarie is EGLL(UK2000V3) and FTX England, Flightbeam KSFO with FTX NCA,

EDIT:

I also use the trick to have EVGA limiter set at 30 (this is not a FPS limiter in real terms)

Michael

This is what I was afraid of with this program as the CS777 will not work unless unlimited is used - I'll bet FSPS is working on a solution for that - bet on it.

Rich Sennett

I guess you have Ai set fairly low to get those fps inbound to EGLL. Taxiing around Pete was reporting 14 or so but smoother than 16+ before FA. I must admit I fail to understand the CPU Load graph. It seems illogical at times.

You could be right here . I use UTII at 30% but i have to make some choices or compromises because of OOM / ore Virtual Adress Space. These choises with my T7 NEVER gives no OOM in EGLL (TML2048)

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

You could be right here . I use UTII at 30% but i have to make some choices or compromises because of OOM / ore Virtual Adress Space. These choises with my T7 NEVER gives no OOM in EGLL (TML2048)

Michael

Michael, why did you type your reply inside the quote box? It sure makes it difficult to tell what part is quoted material, and what part is your reply...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I feel it is one of Froogles worst done videos. It's too long showing too little useful info. Kind of uncharacteristic of him to do so.

I don't know, I sat down to watch it in comfort, with a cup of tea, packet of cheese and onion crisps, and a buttered roll, I quite enjoyed the downtime. Where's 10 Minute Taxi?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I must admit I fail to understand the CPU Load graph. It seems illogical at times.

Noted and already fixed for v1.2 . It is actually CPU efficiency ( like worst - better quality ) not to be linked with the "classic" cpu load term. Mea Culpa.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Adaptive Vsync can be used icw FSX FA , but you have to set it right to get it right.

Otherwise use Standard Vsync on or even off.

On my system I use it : in Windows I have set the monitor freq to 50 , in NVI 1/2 refreshrate and in FSX I use 25 fps.

FSX FA is set to 18. 

But, I have 2 different fsx.cfg files : one for Sunny weather and the other for cloudy weather ( multiple layers , overcast ect ).

The Sunny weather version has water set to 2x Low and the cloudy weather to 1x Low.

Using 3+ cloud layers on a 3 monitor view setup icw photo scenery and very detailed airports will get my system down to 8-12 fps if I have set water to 2x Low.

Using 1x Low they stay above 20.

When using FSX FA my lower framerates are 20-25% higher. And on the framerate range from 18-25 the sim is more fluid with FSX FA then without it.

A framerate set to 25 icw freq set to 50 is a smoother sim for me than a framerate set to 30 icw freq set to 30.

But that is caused by my res of 5920x1080 and very detailed scenery. 

A Fs friend of mine had blurries when using FSX FA and not without it.

After having tested several setting scenarios my conclusion was that he had his settings to high.

Without FSX FA he did not have blurries but he had small stutters.

With FSX FA he had a totally fluid sim, but after 5 minutes with multiple cloud layers and detailed scenery bit by bit his scenery became blurry.

Fps changed from 30 to Unlimited. The framerate he had when flying where down to 16 without FSX FA , but when using FSX FA they remained above 20.

By settings the car traffic + aircraft traffic slider a little back and the cloud drawing distance 20 mls less to 60 , the sim stayed sharp and fluid.

Enquiry:

Like you I have 3 monitors in surround.

My resolution is 5760x1080

Each monitor is 60Hz

A GTX780 card

In NI vsyc I have a 1/2 refresh rate.

I always use full screen mode (Alt + Ent)

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

You indicate that it is better vsyc standard. Or even vsyc OFF.

According to my parameters above, What do you think is the best settings I should try?

Should lower the frequency of my monitor at 50Hz?

Should turn OFF vsyc?

Or another review I found above this forum says:

Why would you want to use adaptive Vsync When you can get triple buffered Vsync in full screen mode and in windowed mode?

I have tried to understand this but can not find someone to explain me. Can you please help me understand what is best?

Thank you

Hi,

Anyone using the Adaptive Vsync in Nvidia Control Panel ? I have been using it without FA but not sure if it can handle it.?

Guide for FSUIPC automatic FA.EXE  please :-)?

Thanks

Michael

Reference.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Noted and already fixed for v1.2 . It is actually CPU efficiency ( like worst - better quality ) not to be linked with the "classic" cpu load term. Mea Culpa.

Thanks for clearing that up. So the more the graph moves to the right the less work the CPU is actually doing?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

More or less yes. It is based however mostly on where FA is focused. Lower the number( focus on frames, less efficiency) higher the number (frames + graphics = higher efficiency)

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

More or less yes. It is based however mostly on where FA is focused. Lower the number( focus on frames, less efficiency) higher the number (frames + graphics = higher efficiency)

Understood. Thank you. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Moderators,

Whilst there was a couple of posts that caused this huge discussion to be flagged things have now calmed down to the point where I think you can remove the warning. Unless your view differs of course. :smile:

The warning flag does tend to attract people hoping to see an argument raging. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather