Sign in to follow this  
hugopilot

How do PMDG make airplanes

Thanks and my name is Hugo Woesthuis (I am dutch)

I Will report the progress in this topic and ask for help here and maybe some users that is helping a lot get into the credits.

First i wanna know how you must to program all buttons In the cockpit with Visual Basic. I got Visual Studio 2012 so if anybody can help when I ask it, it will be very helpful.

So here is my program to make the A350

Step 1: getting the required software

Step 2: try to get blueprints of the A350 by Airbus and explore interior + cockpit

Step 3: making the model

Step 4: making the interior model (Cockpit, VC and cabin)

Step 5: Program the cockpit and Virtual Cockpit

Step 6: make a install program

Step 7: Create a license database (for the purchases)

Step 8: Create a BETA team and let them test the A350

Step 9: Make the last edits

Step 10: Publish the A350

I really need help of PMDG and the great users on this forum, because I am just a amateur.

Now I just must start the project.

Who is agree that I start the project, and will ask help here?

These sort of questions are best asked over at FSDeveloper. I think you might get a much quicker response over there.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Let's just imagine for a second that the OP is a teenager.  Now go back and look at the nasty remarks to his very simple questions.  

You should be ashamed.  

Lord Macaulay famously said;

We know no spectacle so ridiculous as the British public in one of its periodical fits of morality.

T

It doesn't only apply to the  British public

Let's just imagine for a second that the OP is a teenager.  Now go back and look at the nasty remarks to his very simple questions.  

You should be ashamed.  

If you mean me, I apologised....  :blush:

I made the mistake of once I had a model that resembled the 707, going public with it. My intentions was to get constructive comments on my work to make things better. I was a one man band and learning as I went and was sure that I would miss details and be able to learn more from the community. In the end all I got was people asking me when I was going to finish it and as I had no Idea I would then get abuse (this has led to a real understanding and respect to the PMDG policy).

And this is why I never announced anything I was doing until it was released. Well, part of it, anyway. I had only one project that I started that I never finished and never will because I no longer have the time to do so. Everything else I've done is available in the file library.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

If you mean me, I apologised....  :blush:

No one in particular haha.  I was just upset I had to go through two pages of insults before I got to the good stuff :-) 

Someone new looking to invest their time in this stuff is always a good thing.

I would suggest anyone who is thinking of going in depth into FSX to begin by taking a course in what FSX is fundamentally based around. Having a strong, probably degree level working knowledge of XML/C++/3D modelling will get you very far I would imagine.

An aircraft fundamentally is difficult because it involves so many 'separate' disciplines. 3D modelling for example is extraordinarily difficult, programming again even more so. Then comes texture work, sound work. It really does take a whole team of 'experts' in their discipline to produce a PMDG level of quality.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

There should be a documentary made on the "Making of the Virtual airplane" featuring PMDG :P

3D modelling for example is extraordinarily difficult, programming again even more so. Then comes texture work, sound work. It really does take a whole team of 'experts' in their discipline to produce a PMDG level of quality.
See, I've done those things and they're not hard! Anyone could do it! They just take a long amount time to practice before you're good at it, just as Jason said!

For example, there's a classical theorem out there somewhere, that says something like "If a bunch of monkeys pound on a keyboard, eventually one of them will produce a PMDG plane." ^_^

Haha..either u called us monkeys or somebody else..just some sarcasm here

Anyone can do almost anything, it's about just having the right amount of determination, passion and ambition

and time

Both the NGX SP1c and 777 were done in Visual Studio 2010. I imagine we'll probably move up to 2013 for the 744v2.

Go ahead and do it - it's great.

I imagine you use TFS or GIT as well, it integrates well and you can import VS2010 project without problem, only keep in mind you need the version 10 of MSVC SDK installed if you want to keep the project in that version for whatever reason.

I have installed an express version of VS2010, and I am using VS2013 Ultimate to worn on and compile VS2010 projects without problem, other team members meanwhile use VS2010 to work on the same project.

Though you can convert a project to VS2013 format with two clicks or so, if that works for you. I imagine that would mean all of shipping new runtimes, but I can't be sure.