Sign in to follow this  
simbio

RealtrimX

Hi

I am trying to use this tool but I get the trim full up or full down.

As describe on the manual I should choose a button and press it when I set my desired pitch, then I can leave my yoke on neutral position.

Well I can't use it, I always end up pitching all the way to the maximum extend.

Any hint?

Thank you

You don't just press the button, but continue to hold it while you set the pitch. And you need to hold it until airspeed and altitude have stabilized in cruise, or in the case of climb\descent until airspeed and rate of climb have stabilized.

I use the brake button, as it does not conflict with anything in flight and is right under my finger on the joystick.

RealTrimX is one of the apps I would not fly without.

John

You don't just press the button, but continue to hold it while you set the pitch. And you need to hold it until airspeed and altitude have stabilized in cruise, or in the case of climb\descent until airspeed and rate of climb have stabilized.

I use the brake button, as it does not conflict with anything in flight and is right under my finger on the joystick.

RealTrimX is one of the apps I would not fly without.

John

Thank's for reply

I got it, but when I keep it pressed the button and set my attitude, it always put the elevator trim to the maximum extend and it doesn't move or change from there, so if I press another time and keep it , the elevator trim go to the maximum of the opposite direction.

No way to stay trimmed or what ever as state in the manual.

I've played with some aircraft that do that, the Grumman Tracker from sim outhouse has a terrible over-reaction to RealTrim for example. Have you tried RealTrim with multiple aircraft and it does the same thing with each? The way you're supposed to use it is hold pressure on the stick to maintain the desired pitch then press/hold the trim button as you allow the stick to return to neutral. When the stick returns to neutral the aircraft should roughly maintain the desired pitch on it's own. It works better on some aircraft than others, I use the RealAir FS9 flight dynamics with a hybrid of the Carenado Skyhawk model and the default C172 VC, Realtrim works perfectly for this combo, it also works well with the Carenado 337.

RealAir FSX Carenado  model and the default C172 VC, Realtrim works perfectly for this combo,.

Yep you are right Realair in FSX works great but carenado B1900 less.

My hope was the A2A aircraft like the Cherokee and the C172 but it doesn't work with them.

Thanks for help.

Friend has both a2a 172/Cherokee shame it doesn't work with them he said trim in both these planes is very slow?

Cheers

Riche

RealTrim is still dependant on the aircraft's trimming system, so check whether "elevator_trim_effectiveness" in the aircraft.cfg is at a reasonable value.

Joystick travel and sensivity and the speed at which the stick is brought back into neutral also play a considerable part.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Am I correct in thinking that RealTrimX works in the same way that trim in DCS: Black Shark works?

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I have found that RealTrim works reliably with default FSX aircraft, and some add-on a/c that follow the FSX trim methodology. Unfortunately, RealTrim does not work for aircraft like the A2A C172 and Cherokee180 because A2A has bypassed the FSX trim system and developed their own, apparently in order to overcome inherent FSX limitations.

Similarly, while RealTrim does work with the default FSX 737-800, it does not work with the PMDG 737NGX because PMDG has bypassed the applicable FSX code.

Al