Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Malaysian 777 down in Ukraine

What is the deal with traffic over Ukraine at the moment? I just got forwarded an email from a Captain stating that Etihad flew over Ukraine,  OMAA - KJFK this morning?  I guess diverting around Ukraine airspace is still up to the operator?

There are several FIRs over Ukraine, and these are relevant notams published:

A1517/14 (Issued for UKDV UKFV) - TEMPO RESTRICTED AREA BOUNDED BY COORDINATES:

495428N 0380202E 490600N 0365000E

481520N 0360510E 475542N 0355136E

460809N 0370518E 464700N 0373000E

465900N 0382000E 470642N 0381324E

THEN ALONG STATE BOUNDARY UNTIL

POINT 495428N 0380202E CLOSED. SFC - UNL, 18 JUL 00:05 2014 UNTIL 17 AUG 23:59

2014. CREATED: 18 JUL 00:07 2014

A1514/14 (Issued for UKDV UKFV) - SEGMENTS ATS ROUTES CLOSED:

T242 MASOL-NALEM G476 MASOL-OLGIN

M996 ABUGA-GUKOL L32 NALEM-KW

P851 LS-SODRA W538 FASAD-PENAK

A83 LS-TAGAN L980 TAGAN-TAMAK

L69 DNP-GONED W644 DON-TAGAN

W633 RUBES-LUGAT M995 PENAK-OLGIN

M136 MEBAM-DON W617 SOMON-OLGIN

L140 KERTA-FASAD W546 RUBES-KUBIR

M991 TOKMU-OLGIN W531 MEBAM-PW

W533 TOROS-KERTA L984 OSLAN-FASAD

M70 DNP-TAMAK B493 RUBES-FASAD

FROM SFC TO UNL. 17 JUL 23:17 2014 UNTIL 17 AUG 23:59 2014. CREATED: 17 JUL

23:20 2014

It seems, that only airspace above war zone is closed. There are few more restricted routes by other notam, but it's not surface to unlimited so technically, it's open for traffic.

What is the deal with traffic over Ukraine at the moment? I just got forwarded an email from a Captain stating that Etihad flew over Ukraine, OMAA - KJFK this morning? I guess diverting around Ukraine airspace is still up to the operator?

Mind to share any screen shot?

@ G_Precentralis - Thanks for the info mate

Mind to share any screen shot?

As I said above, I was forwarded an email from a Captain, no reason not to believe him. Perhaps someone here can verify.  I am on a rubbish iphone3s until I get back to my hotel.  

email said 'Its amazing but etihad flight from JFK went through Ukraine this morning!'

Anyway, posts 212 above yours explains it. 

Rob Prest

It's getting out of control over there! evidently , they are trying to cover their tracks.

Isn't it good that the rebels are keeping it away from Ukraine? Im sorry, been busy the last 24 hours and hard to keep up with everything as it develops so fast. 

It's getting out of control over there! evidently , they are trying to cover their tracks.

80 children on this flight :( :(

André

This is a horrible tragedy. What's wrong with people? Why can't we get along?

#PutAnEndToWar

- Joe

Isn't it good that the rebels are keeping it away from Ukraine? Im sorry, been busy the last 24 hours and hard to keep up with everything as it develops so fast. 

Eh... no

Right then...I've also heard they refuse to give the black boxes to anyone except the Russians. If this is true, are the Russians willing to let the US aid in the investigation?

After all, we are involved with this since there was one American on board.

Right then...I've also heard they refuse to give the black boxes to anyone except the Russians. If this is true, are the Russians willing to let the US aid in the investigation?

By ICAO regulations, aircraft was made in USA and there were US citizens onboard, so USA is allowed to take part in investigation.

I totally agree, it is out of control, someone seriously step in to protect the investigators as they work the crash site. These rebels are obviously trying to cover something, and I read in one the post above that they will not turn over the black boxes. Something stinks to high heaven IMHO!

I think US because of Boeing, Malaysia because of MH and Ukraine because it is their territory are the only ones who should investigate the crash.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205