Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

My 350th Aerocache

Yes. All the Aerocaches that were added to the server ever since Microsoft Flight was released, is available for collection.

Edit: Make sure you back up your profile data before using the new tool-kit! 

Nice. Does it work with the Steam version?

It should, but you really should uninstall the Steam version and install the GFWL version instead as that is what I test now.

I've converted my Flight to the newest Tools version and I can't get the aerocaches. I'm sure I've done something wrong so I've asked Kavinda to provide us with a walkthrough on how to change the GFWL interface and also to produce a tools document. He has kindly agreed to do so and when available, I'll make a sticky of them so we can all get the aerocaches and be ready for all then new improvements Steve and the guys are working on.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

If you try pressing the Home button does it give you a message saying something among the lines of "This UI is not implemented."? The Aerocaches load through Flight Toolkit fine here.

There has been a misunderstanding.. -_-

The solution which I provided was to fix a connection error with a users GFWL account and Microsoft servers so they could download their DLC normally.

To get the aerocaches:

1. Download the latest version of the Toolkit (released today - v. 1.0.18.5)

2. Make sure that the install did not fail!

3. Ensure that your Live Profile data has been backed up.

4. Launch Flight normally and head over to the Aerocache hunt screen!

Backing up your LIVE Data:

1. Launch the Addon Manager

2. Launch Flight and Log on to your Profile.

3. Wait for a short while and there should be a green indicator to signify that your profile data has been backed up.

It is vital for you to perform this step, otherwise you may lose some data!

I will reiterate these steps on the new Sticky to improve accessibility of solutions and tutorials.

Thanks. I'll give this a try today.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Doesn`t work here.

Everythings runs fine, except Aerocaches.

It says 0 collected and "unable to load Aerocaches".

But it says "connected to MS Flight Servers" if you hover over the circle.

Yes, it`s the custom Version you made i think. no more Live Log On.

1fs.jpg

2fs.jpg

3fs.jpg

Ok, unfortunately it looks like I had logging disabled in the release version of the live stuff.  It probably can't connect to the DB, but I don't know for sure.  I'll release a new version with some logging enabled so we can hopefully figure out where it is failing.

I'm having basically the same problem except my profile is correct. I can't access the aerocaches. When I try to access them, the box says AOTD not available and the little circle is blinking. When I curser over the circle, a tooltip comes up that says I'm not connected to the servers I am using your latest version of the toolkit also.

Other than that, I'm not having any problems with opening Flight and flying around. All my DLC is present too.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Yes. All the Aerocaches that were added to the server ever since Microsoft Flight was released, is available for collection.

Edit: Make sure you back up your profile data before using the new tool-kit! 

Does this include 'Curvature of the Earth'?

-eelis-

Does this include 'Curvature of the Earth'?

I believe so. I got a spreadsheet of all the aerocaches from the support team which included Curvature of the Earth. I will have to double check this though.

With the aerocaches, I am puzzled as to why the problem has raised. For me, the aerocaches are working fine.

I can only suggest one fix which is uninstalling all versions of the toolkit and installing them sequentially, without doing an unistall. I have never removed the toolkit from my PC - I only overwrite the software.

I haven't installed the latest version which released today. Could this be the source of the problem?