Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

A tribute to the King Air 350i & the Milviz 350i project

To Ed.

I apologize for disrespecting you.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thank you... and I look forward to enjoying the finished product... one of my all-time favorite aircraft. :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm not a King Air 350 pilot, but I do play one in P3D. B) 

That being said, according to the performance charts in both the CAE and FlyRight training manuals I acquired, the numbers are almost spot on. It's a fine turboprop, even in its alpha stage. Gotta catch a flight to Pensacola, virtually speaking....

Cheers,

Todd 

I won't be checking any numbers... I really don't care... just the 3D cockpit is all I care about... sooo nice! :smile:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

LOVE THE NEW MILVIZ WEBSITE!

For sure, very professional.

Thanks guys!  Jim Stewart really deserves all the creds... he did a bang up job and we are REALLY happy with not only the way it looks but the way it works.  Way easier on the client(s) and WAY easier on ME!

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I jumped in on day one of pre sales, but my biggest concern for the AC looks like a major oversight by MilViz, and most likely will kill it for most.

Once you get down to the business of flying it, and stop ogling over it's amazing quality, you soon realize you can't read the engine gauge clusters. The MFD/PFD pop up will not help, as the engine gauge cluster is just as tiny, and you would have to resize it to the entire second monitors screen to get a clear view of TRQ/ ITT/ NG/ Prop readings. I run two 28 inch monitors @ 1920X1080, which I think would be a common set up for most (VC main, Pop up gauges second monitor), and there is no pop up for only the engine cluster. The PFD/MFD itself is very readable from pilots POV, but you would have to set up a camera view (EZA/TrackIR) to read the engine cluster, which is completely unpractical for operating the AC.

You will try to stick with it, and like myself almost will it to be great.. but in the end, a detail like that will have it join the many others in the simmers hanger museum.

Thank you for your opinion.  We are looking at this but, so far, you are the only one who has complained about this.

And we will create a view that is specific to that area... and you can have that as a pop up window.  

We also create EZdoc's... so that will help.

There's no end to alternatives.  

I'm running a single 27" dell ultra sharp at 2500x1460 (approx) and for me it's fine. No complaints.

We are looking at this but, so far, you are the only one who has complained about this.

I know, but that's only because everyone is still awestruck with this amazing plane.. even the "in development" models are better then most other finished AC.. but engine gauges absolutely need to be readable in some way. It's a very light touch on props the way its set up now, and after take off, it's not eazy to tell 1500 from 1600 rpms. The TRQ at least has a red line that I assume is a power setting marker of some kind...  will wait for manuals to continue that line of though.

I don't want to sound like I'm "complaining"...  I just wanted to point out engine management will be difficult without a separate pop up for those.

I'm running a single 27" dell ultra sharp at 2500x1460 (approx) and for me it's fine. No complaints.

That's a great picture, but I would think 1680x1050 would be the rez a majority of people are using. You have to admit that the engine cluster is small compared to everything else.

And we will create a view that is specific to that area... and you can have that as a pop up window.

i greatly appreciate that, and I am sure others will too. It's only the most anticipated aircraft in FSX history after all!

I'm curious, are you running a zoomed out VC view? I can see the prop RPMs just fine until I zoom back to around 60% at which point the text is a bit small (no big surprise to me there!).

And no... I'm not the developer... just a customer.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I've been lucky enough sit in a real 350i, and I set my eye line in the sim to that level and distance (as I do for all my AC i've actually flown in)... Of course these things have to be taken with a grain of salt, as you are trying to fit something 4 feet wide on a 28 inches monitor... and thus the good folks at Microsoft had the good idea of Pop Ups. The real MFD is about half the size of my monitor for example. MilViz did way better then I though could be done actually, as I can read the PFD and MFD clearly, and without setting up cameras or zooms at all... with the exception of the engine gauges.

I apologize, everyone, including me, is excited for the final release of the 350i, and I feel like the one jerk who can't get with the program (and throwing a monkey wrench in the gears). I'm just trying to be honest and say maybe what others have been thinking too. I'll shut my trap now.

The Adaptive Flight Display assembly (used for the PFDs and MFD) are approximately 8" x 10" in size. That includes the size of the entire bezel assembly around the screen which is about a 7" x 9" screen. Assuming your 28" screen is 16:9 that makes the height of the screen around 15.75" which is almost twice as tall as the Pro Line 21 AFD screen.

Anyway... I was merely curious how you were finding the engine gauges unreadable and as already stated... I'm not the developer, just a customer. :smile:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69