Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

A tribute to the King Air 350i & the Milviz 350i project

Todd,

Loved the videos! They inspired me to go out & purchase this beast. I'm loving it so far even without everything working. I'm trying to dial in the correct power settings. What have you been using for descents and approaches as well as just staying in the pattern. Thanks.

Dave

Thanks! I'm not a KA expert, but I basically cruise with props at around 1600 RPM, then adjust power as needed. For approach, I try to keep my speed at 160 kts. That's what Tom Clements, King Air expert, recommends in this article:

http://kingairacademy.com/magic-numbers/

I slow to 120 kts to intercept the LOC, then Vref after passing the FAF.

Just tried an LPV approach the other day and it seemed to follow the glide path pretty darn perfectly, although the magenta glide path indicator didn't seem to work (still WIP, I know). I'll try to post the video later today.

Todd

Awesome thanks! I'll play around with those setting s he recommends and see what I get. I'm finding that there isn't a lot on the net around flying the 350. If you or anyone else had found some pearls let me know.

Dave

Awesome thanks! I'll play around with those setting s he recommends and see what I get. I'm finding that there isn't a lot on the net around flying the 350. If you or anyone else had found some pearls let me know.

Dave

Pick up the e-book "The King Air Book" by Tom Clements. Short, easily digestible chapters on all the King Air quirks and tips.

Pick up the e-book "The King Air Book" by Tom Clements. Short, easily digestible chapters on all the King Air quirks and tips.

Excellent suggestion. I bought it and found it extremely valuable. On some days I find on a difficult approach, the text just springs back into my mind as "this is what I need to do"............

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I agree. Great book.

Newest alpha build released today. New features working as well as new texture details. Chart viewer also supposed to be functional now, although I haven't figured it out yet. Somebody has scratched up my new center console and fuel panel, dadgummet!

The texture updates I was sent to correct text label boo-boos also included some wear-and-tear...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The B350i operates flawlessly with the ELITE KingAir TQ. I've found power levers, props and condition controls calibration to be right on the money. 

Wear and tear on these aircraft are unrealistic.

As a person who has been inside quite of few real ones, I can promise you that there isn't a single 350i in existence that is scratched up, let alone as horribly done as this one is.

The scratchs are unrealistic for this airframe... it's just not old enough nor does it get the wear and tear that an airliner or a military aircraft gets.

Remove the scratches... make the aircraft's appearance realistic.

I'm speaking up as a customer, not a developer. I own this. Just so we're clear.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Wear and tear on these aircraft are unrealistic.

As a person who has been inside quite of few real ones, I can promise you that there isn't a single 350i in existence that is scratched up, let alone as horribly done as this one is.

The scratchs are unrealistic for this airframe... it's just not old enough nor does it get the wear and tear that an airliner or a military aircraft gets.

Remove the scratches... make the aircraft's appearance realistic.

I'm speaking up as a customer, not a developer. I own this. Just so we're clear.

+1    At least give us the option of choosing the new, well-cared-for VC. 

I might be jumped on for this question, and I am aware this is still under development, but in terms of fidelity, does anyone (preferably with experience of the King Air) have a view on how this rates in comparison to Milviz's previous offerings and other good light twins (e.g. the various RealAir Dukes)?

I'd love to have a good King Air (and really hope this turns out to be as awesome as it looks), but I'm reluctant to pre-order without having at least some sense of how detailed or simplified it is in terms of both FM and systems.

Cheers,

Jamie

Jamie,

I think you are asking a question that cannot honestly or rationally be answered at this time. I have 3 King Airs from 3 different developers. One is not even feature complete yet, much less a final product. How will it stack up against the others, and other sims, I don't know and cannot know until the final product is release.

I will quote Paul from another post: "being that the alpha release is this good, the release to market version is going to be outstanding, thanks milviz"  and say the Milviz King Air is already a keeper in my hangar even now.

Hope this helps, you may want to wait to inquire a lot closer to final and finish release. In the meanwhile, check out Tom Clements' book, the Milviz 350i is already flying very accurately according to it.

Ed, funny that I don't see you as a purchaser...

Anyway, that being said, there are KA 350i's that are more than 3 years old and some of them are indeed fairly beaten up.  I do, as the owner/operator of the company, reserve the right to do a messy one if I so desire.

I will say that we will, of course, offer our customers both versions.

Right now, the product is alpha and not even feature complete.  We are moving ahead on that every day.

I bought the book btw, ... interesting read...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Ed, funny that I don't see you as a purchaser...

Correct, you won't. My wife purchased it for me... it's called birthday present.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well, happy Birthday (belated)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hello all - curious: Is the alpha-version available for pre-purchase updated to users periodically (in other words, has not changed) or will the next update be the final release?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stoke the fire - I am anxiously waiting to buy this aircraft the moment it comes out. My impatience constantly reminds me to "why wait - get it now".

Mario Di Lauro