Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

A tribute to the King Air 350i & the Milviz 350i project

This is not a request for an update, I understand this is the most complex aircraft that Milviz has developed yet, and as such to ensure high quality they need time. This is pretty much a tribute to both Beechcraft and Milviz for outstanding products and dedication to their customer base, this video brought a tear to my eye, I hope you enjoy it!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You know... we just released our "beta" version to all pre-order clients...  right?  Oh... right.  I forgot to mention that!

We sent out the alpha a couple of days ago....

Yup...  though to be honest, the definition of a "beta' is feature complete... That would, by implication, mean that all the features the final product will have would be implemented in the build but... as that is NOT the case, we're calling this the alpha.  (which means it works but not everything is in... YET!)

Even with a few things incomplete I can already tell it's going to be one of my favorites. I like it a lot so far.

From what I have read Milviz has pulled out pretty much everything on the King Air 350i, including professional testing by King Air pilots. I do wonder if Milviz had some help from Rockwell Collins for their ProLine 21 system, and also wonder if they had some help from Beechcraft as well, would not surprise me if they did.

Hello,I received The Alpha version but with no option for P3D V2.2 install,Will this be corrected in next phase? Thx.

No. The v2 version(s) will done when the fsx version is stable. You can try and install it but I make no guarantees.

It works fine (as well as it can at this point in development) in P3Dv2. Just point the installer to your P3Dv2 folder.

Just remember this is still an alpha build so a lot of features don't work seemlessly, and others haven't been fully modelled yet. But what you do get is still enjoyable. Heck, I just like looking around the cockpit and cabin. This thing is a real looker!

Colin, just curious, are the cockpit lights supposed to work at this point? I know the alpha lacks a lot of function, not tp mention the installer does not officially include a P3Dv2 compatible plane, but I just wanted to ask.

Todd

Dang, now I just need to get my PC to Germany. I have been waiting almost a year to fly it, military needs to ship my stuff faster!

so how is this working

you do the prepay option, pay, and get a download link automatically?

It works fine (as well as it can at this point in development) in P3Dv2. Just point the installer to your P3Dv2 folder.

Just remember this is still an alpha build so a lot of features don't work seemlessly, and others haven't been fully modelled yet. But what you do get is still enjoyable. Heck, I just like looking around the cockpit and cabin. This thing is a real looker!

Colin, just curious, are the cockpit lights supposed to work at this point? I know the alpha lacks a lot of function, not tp mention the installer does not officially include a P3Dv2 compatible plane, but I just wanted to ask.

Todd

I haven't set up the lighting engine for the KA yet.

so how is this working

you do the prepay option, pay, and get a download link automatically?

That's how it worked for me.  I ordered not long after I posted the message above and got the download link 15 minutes later.

Go for it--I've ordered "complete" products (both inside and outside the flight sim world) that were nowhere near as well done as this is in it's "alpha" state.

Todd, as Jon wrote the 'real' lighting hasn't been done yet. There is however a temporary default .fx "cockpit flood light" that is controlled by the Emergency Light switch on the overhead panel.

It can take up to 24 hours for a link to be processed as I am taking care of my kid and do not have access to the links on my phone.

My 2 cents: this is a going to be a real good one. I am a bit of King Air nut in the sim world, having time in the default, and many hours in the other 2 FSX commercial offerings. I've read Tom Clements book twice thru. The 350 completes my "set".

It is definitely an alpha build but a very very advanced alpha, especially the fde. Absolutely loving the ProLine system so far. Most of my sim flying is in mil aircraft, US Navy in specific. The ProLine nav display works a lot like those systems. I will hold any specific comments until the beta version arrives but my expectations have been exceeded already.

Thanks

Here's a YouTube video I made today of a short flight from KMRY to KTVL. It's only my second flight and I have zero experience with the Proline 21 suite, so I'm kind of learning as I go. So, no real world procedures are followed, and I make many a mistake as I learn the Proline system. I broke it down into a 3 part series and will try to upload parts 2 and 3 tomorrow. Part 1 is the Rwy 28L departure procedure out of KMYR.  Part 2 is the discovery of a really cool feature I stumbled across. Part 3 is my approach and landing at South Lake Tahoe. These are my first in sim recordings, so they're pretty raw and unedited. I apologize for the poor in sim sound (should have had volume up higher) and my breathing into the mic is annoying. I used Shadow Play, just FYI. This was recorded in P3Dv2.3.

This is a great aircraft so far. Very easy to hand fly. The interior and exterior textures are amazingly detailed. I can't speak to the Proline accuracy as I have no experience with it, but the PFD and MFD are very crisp.  I'm not usually excited about the cabin being modeled but this cabin looks so lush. This is a nice add-on and I hope it gets finished soon. Already, it looks and flies like a winner.

Todd

Here's a YouTube video I made today of a short flight from KMRY to KTVL. It's only my second flight and I have zero experience with the Proline 21 suite, so I'm kind of learning as I go. So, no real world procedures are followed, and I make many a mistake as I learn the Proline system. I broke it down into a 3 part series and will try to upload parts 2 and 3 tomorrow. Part 1 is the Rwy 28L departure procedure out of KMYR.  Part 2 is the discovery of a really cool feature I stumbled across. Part 3 is my approach and landing at South Lake Tahoe. These are my first in sim recordings, so they're pretty raw and unedited. I apologize for the poor in sim sound (should have had volume up higher) and my breathing into the mic is annoying. I used Shadow Play, just FYI. This was recorded in P3Dv2.3.

This is a great aircraft so far. Very easy to hand fly. The interior and exterior textures are amazingly detailed. I can't speak to the Proline accuracy as I have no experience with it, but the PFD and MFD are very crisp.  I'm not usually excited about the cabin being modeled but this cabin looks so lush. This is a nice add-on and I hope it gets finished soon. Already, it looks and flies like a winner.

Todd

Link does not work

If I pre-ordered the P3DV2 version, would I still get the beta now?

a;l