Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

OOM's after SP1?....Report your results after SP1b here.

I had no problems with the 200 and then after SP1 and adding the 300ER I was unable to complete a flight between two payware airports without an OOM.  in fact the VAS kept increasing (remaining VAS kept decreasing) throughout the flight getting as low at 250 to 300 left on approach just before the OOM.   After SP1b, I repeated a flight that just a few days ago gave an OOM and found there was no problem.  VAS remained steady throughout the flight and dropped only when the arrival airport scenery loaded but I landed comfortably with VAS of 750 left. 

Now I did file a ticket and was assured by Ryan that the memory performance of the update and 300 was the same as the original release of the 200 (which I believe by the way), so perhaps there was some issue with the install of the first SP but happy to report that the issue has gone away.  I will report back here if anything changes.

Anyone else found have the same results?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Completed a flight today from Manchester to Barcelona. Both payware

No OOM, Stable VAS with a little drop during flight and a little raise during landing.Remaining VAS 700

Will report other flight of wich I had issues with.

Let me make it clear, I,ve had many VAS issues and OOM after installing SP1

Dont no what they do, but the first flight is prommising.

Let me make it clear, I,ve had many VAS issues and OOM after installing SP1

Dont no what they do, but the first flight is prommising.

Yip, definitely working now.  Just few KJFK to CYVR, real time, on Vatsim.  Definite OOM airports with both being from FS Dreamteam.  No problem, landed without incident.  Very pleased!

Got OOM while approaching Lisbon V2 - other Airports not tested, yet (tried it two times, both from Frankfurt)

Got OOM while approaching Lisbon V2 - other Airports not tested, yet (tried it two times, both from Frankfurt)

Hmm, thats too bad.  I would test myself but I don't own Lisbon V2. 

I have lost some cockpit sounds, like pressing buttons and turning knobs. That's all gone. There are still some sounds though..

Cheers,

Dan

I have lost some cockpit sounds, like pressing buttons and turning knobs. That's all gone. There are still some sounds though..

Cheers,

Dan

Something has gone wrong, I thing you need to reinstall.  Did you run the OC after install?

No problems on LFPG-KIAH 9h39m (Aerosoft and FSDT) ORBX Global,Vector,OLC EU) Dense settings and HD2048 textures , traffic at 30% via UTII. LOD 4.5

VAS at destination 3.8-3.9 gb

Dense Autogen settings seems to be my magic spot . No OOM with the NGX and the T7 there

Michael Moe

I Have realized no OOMs but alot of texture loss as an OOM is coming but it never happens after SP1b but in SP1 it worked perfectly fine no issues.

~Bobby Melton (need to set up my signature)

Gonna try my first flight after the SP1b update... Will report back

I had no problems with the 200 and then after SP1 and adding the 300ER I was unable to complete a flight between two payware airports without an OOM.  in fact the VAS kept increasing (remaining VAS kept decreasing) throughout the flight getting as low at 250 to 300 left on approach just before the OOM.   After SP1b, I repeated a flight that just a few days ago gave an OOM and found there was no problem.  VAS remained steady throughout the flight and dropped only when the arrival airport scenery loaded but I landed comfortably with VAS of 750 left. 

Now I did file a ticket and was assured by Ryan that the memory performance of the update and 300 was the same as the original release of the 200 (which I believe by the way), so perhaps there was some issue with the install of the first SP but happy to report that the issue has gone away.  I will report back here if anything changes.

Anyone else found have the same results?

By experience, these guys of PMDG Tech Support team will not tell you that there is a problem with the B777 regarding OOMs.

Edward

By experience, these guys of PMDG Tech Support team will not tell you that there is a problem with the B777 regarding OOMs.

Edward

Perhaps but in fairness to PMDG, it is possible to make even the default planes OOM if you add enough scenery components.  All I am really concerned about was what appeared to be a memory leak in my install of SP1.  VAS would just climb and climb until OOM but with SP1b that problem as gone away.

777-200F, sp1b, FTX-Southern Alaska, Anchorage X airport, Ultimate Traffic 2 at 100% traffic levels yielding 14 aircraft at and around terminal, cloudy & rainy with ASN, GSX running with main and aft cargo loaders doing their thing, LOD=4.5, textures=1024, healthy slider levels .....

This is a significant FSX load yet my remaining VAS is approx 500-600 Megs. This is a test scenario and reducing traffic down to reasonable levels my remaing VAS hovers around 800 megs.

I have found that the reccomendations in the 777 introduction manual to use fs-sceditor (FS Scenery Configuration Editor) and remove unnecessary (unused for your planned flight) scenery is extremely worthwhile. Not only does it improve your remaining VAS levels but it speeds up loading/unloading FSX.

Before PMDG 777 OOMs drove me crazy, then I:

1. Unchecked high resolution cockpit

2. Puled back autogen to middle range

3. AI traffic to 12%

4. Replaced LOD 4.5 with 3.5

5. REX 1024 textures

6. Through SCE, configured scenery.cfg to activate only the most necessary stuff (Basic FSX/ORBX files FTX Global/Vector, UTX/ST Landclass) and ONLY departure and arriving (HD payware) airports.

Since then I haven't received ANY OOM's whatsoever with neither the core T7, SP1 or 1b.

With this setup I've been flying for many hours pr session in clear weather, as well in heavy thunderstorms, without the need of saving/reloading before TD and all that.    

Disabling certain "heavy" scenery areas worked for me, using Scenery Config editor, VAS usage has been the same since 2.8-3.1 max usage with PMDG 777 and medum haul flights so far so good.   

Earlier I started a topic in the PMDG 777 forum regarding a LUA tool that enables users to log their flight data and VAS usage to a .csv file, enabling mapping of VAS usage in Google Earth. I thought this will be of most use to PMDG-777 users, hence my decision to post in this forum.

Avsim Admin have moved my post to the MS-FSX forum (not  contesting this, as the script can be used for any aircraft, so now it is more widely available to all simmers).

But if you want to track down your VAS issues, and see what happened to VAS during your flight (and hence get a good indication of what may have caused the problem, go here;

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449198-objective-vas-analysis-a-lua-script-to-assist-with-ooms/

Rob

Flying into the major hubs like KJFK, KIAD, KORD, KLAX, EGLL, OMDB...and so on, with no problems so far (knock on wood).

Texture resolution 4096, clouds are 1024, autogen at very dense, LOD standard 4.5, no AI traffic (flying online).

Besides that, using FTX Global, UTX , Scenerytech and several country specific landclasses.

Texture resolution 4096

Why are you using 4096 Chris ? Does it increase VAS ? 

In a word yes, not tested, Im down to 2048 and I love my eye candy, tell you the truth between 4096 and 2048 can't tell the difference, you will if you select 1024 your frames will be higher and less VAS but you can physically see the difference e.g blurred cockcpit textures due to the texture resolution chosen..... If you do choose, a "heavy" aircraft addon and "heavy" scenery addon running 4096 textures......Ding and OOM depending on your system... I will test and again report back....with 4096 textures size and  the love for the PMDG777 has made me consider reducing the texture size for me to 2048, and I cannot see the difference.

I did not run any tests between the resolutions, Julian, but FSDT Airports e.g. in 1024 don't look good in my opinion, furthermore I like the clarity and sharpness of the VC with 4096.

I got one OOM shortly after release of the 777 during a holding over LAM while approaching EGLL, but with ORBX England activated. I must confess that in this case I was taking screenshots, so changing different views, spinning around the aircraft e.g. and this definitely increases VAS, especially in regions with huge amount of autogen.

In a word yes, not tested, Im down to 2048 and I love my eye candy, tell you the truth between 4096 and 2048 can't tell the difference, you will if you select 1024 your frames will be higher and less VAS but you can physically see the difference e.g blurred cockcpit textures due to the texture resolution chosen..... If you do choose, a "heavy" aircraft addon and "heavy" scenery addon running 4096 textures......Ding and OOM depending on your system... I will test and again report back....with 4096 textures size and  the love for the PMDG777 has made me consider reducing the texture size for me to 2048, and I cannot see the difference.

Cheers Imran, yes I found 2048 very good too.I asked Chris as I was wondering what benefit there is using 4096 etc. I would have thought airport addons like FSDT CYVR , but I find 2048 works just as nice for that airport.

I did not run any tests between the resolutions, Julian, but FSDT Airports e.g. in 1024 don't look good in my opinion, furthermore I like the clarity and sharpness of the VC with 4096.

I got one OOM shortly after release of the 777 during a holding over LAM while approaching EGLL, but with ORBX England activated. I must confess that in this case I was taking screenshots, so changing different views, spinning around the aircraft e.g. and this definitely increases VAS, especially in regions with huge amount of autogen.

LOL, you did well to get as far as LAM. I stopped using FTX England, as I would OOM no matter what settings I had.