Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D v2.3 is absolutely INCREDIBLE!

I have  a GTX 780 with 3 GB VRAM and all I can say is that the video speaks for itself and its my experience that flying in cloud is no different from flying out of cloud. When I get a minute I will specifically test flying in cloud to see what happens but I did already try it an recall it being just as fluid.

What would the big difference be if vram usage is well below 3 gigs? Unless you are flying in XPlane, I don't think you really need 6gigs of vram  in P3D.

I dont go by numbers I go by what I see and can do with more ram - not debatable more ram more eye candy - higher settings - I have had 3 gig cards and there is a difference in performance 

I have  a GTX 780 with 3 GB VRAM and all I can say is that the video speaks for itself and its my experience that flying in cloud is no different from flying out of cloud. When I get a minute I will specifically test flying in cloud to see what happens but I did already try it an recall it being just as fluid.

Dave its fluid thanks to LM - after this last installment we have changed are tune haven't we before 2.3 still complaints - they are far less now aren't they - credit where credit is due

Rich Sennett

Yes Richard I agree that LM have done an amazing job on this. They have taken what was essentially FSX and just injected a whole new life into it at its core all the way to the surface. I still see FSX but just renewed to whole new level. IMO the eye candy just beats all contenders hands down as does the performance. I just plan to enjoy it now. Its FSX remade with all the benefits and none of the headaches. Really the only thing missing from the party at this stage is PMDG

Yes Richard I agree that LM have done an amazing job on this. They have taken what was essentially FSX and just injected a whole new life into it at its core all the way to the surface. I still see FSX but just renewed to whole new level. IMO the eye candy just beats all contenders hands down as does the performance. I just plan to enjoy it now. Its FSX remade with all the benefits and none of the headaches. Really the only thing missing from the party at this stage is PMDG

Totally agree buddy - especially PMDG statement 

Rich Sennett

Whats a PMDG?   :huh:

Jazz

just kidding...

On my 4G videocard, it usually settles at 3250MB usage

So, if I had a 3G card, it would settle maybe for 2890MB but what happens to the stream of video data that was not displayed when it otherwise would have been?

A stutter? A micro-pause while it waits its turn? Terrain being drawn in a bit later than the rest?

Presumably GPU performance in P3D depends on the screen resolution (and also the texture resolution)? I have a 2GB GTX 770 card in my new PC, but I only run P3D at 1280x1024x32bit resolution. It will be interesting to see how P3D performs in dense scenery areas....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

True

For a same situation all on the same monitor,  

in 3840 x 2160 Id get 24

in 1920 x 1080 Id get 46

The first has four times the acreage (2x2)

not debatable more ram more eye candy - higher settings

That is very interesting, cause I have a EVGA 670 2g and have almost all of the eye-candy settings full right. Do you mind telling me what eye-candy settings would chew-up vram considerably?

AFAIK, if I were to use very high monitor resolution, then more vram would be needed.

thx

Carlos 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I also now believe as I headed alongside I-75 Southbound, that with ORBX Global installed, and their Vector lighting system, now  being processed by the new HDR routines....you now have the finest night environment, that.... has finally eclipsed XPX.

Hey Mitch,

I haven't installed 2.3 yet and I'm wondering how it copes w/ FTX Vector if you have that installed as well, which I have never purchased for 2.2 because performance in FTX regional sceneries was borderline and I didn't want to risk that in non-regional areas, i.e. the impact of Vector.

For reasons unknown to me I'm seeing my system having trouble keeping up w/ texture loading which I had going in spades for the longest time and I'm not sure why it's become iffy in regional sceneries w/ high autogen density.  So really, are you seeing increases in total performance, or just less stuttering w/ 2.3?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

That is very interesting, cause I have a EVGA 670 2g and have almost all of the eye-candy settings full right. Do you mind telling me what eye-candy settings would chew-up vram considerably?

AFAIK, if I were to use very high monitor resolution, then more vram would be needed.

thx

Carlos 

Carlos exactly I am using a high resolution ASUS professional monitor that will kick any video cards arse so this is why I need a great card - others are probably running 1080 screens so things will change in the performance dept. - I know I would smoke in P3D if I change back to a lower native res monitor but once you see the beautiful picture on a 2560 res monitor you may not want to go back

Hey Mitch,

I haven't installed 2.3 yet and I'm wondering how it copes w/ FTX Vector if you have that installed as well, which I have never purchased for 2.2 because performance in FTX regional sceneries was borderline and I didn't want to risk that in non-regional areas, i.e. the impact of Vector.

For reasons unknown to me I'm seeing my system having trouble keeping up w/ texture loading which I had going in spades for the longest time and I'm not sure why it's become iffy in regional sceneries w/ high autogen density.  So really, are you seeing increases in total performance, or just less stuttering w/ 2.3?

Vector runs fine in P3D - 2.3 IS WAY BETTER THAN 2.2 in many aspects just get it you will thank me afterwards

Rich Sennett

Carlos exactly I am using a high resolution ASUS professional monitor that will kick any video cards arse so this is why I need a great card - others are probably running 1080 screens so things will change in the performance dept. - I know I would smoke in P3D if I change back to a lower native res monitor but once you see the beautiful picture on a 2560 res monitor you may not want to go back

ahhh, I see you point now Richard, cool and yes Im running 1080res, What screen size is you monitor? 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

ahhh, I see you point now Richard, cool and yes Im running 1080res, What screen size is you monitor? 

Here you go Carlos  :) sometimes I think about going back to 1080 as I can down size resolution in P3D but it looks like Doo Doo  lol

http://www.asus.com/Commercial_Monitors_Projectors/PB278Q/

Rich Sennett

Here you go Carlos  :) sometimes I think about going back to 1080 as I can down size resolution in P3D but it looks like Doo Doo  lol

http://www.asus.com/Commercial_Monitors_Projectors/PB278Q/

Very nice indeed!! 

No wonder you need more then 3g of vram, it makes total sense.

I know I would smoke in P3D if I change back to a lower native res monitor but once you see the beautiful picture on a 2560 res monitor you may not want to go back

That is exactly why I choose to resist :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png