Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D v2.3 is absolutely INCREDIBLE!

+1 agree to this thread!  2.3 is great!!  HDR, clouds, performance, and immersion are the best to date. LM did a great job with this update!! 

:rolleyes:

Simon

337.88 is the one you want for the time being.

Is there a performance difference with tessellation on?

I did a flight from ORBX Cyse to KBFI in the A2A Piper Cherokee in both FSX and P3D2.2 (also one KBFI to CYSE). In all these cases I got out of memory CTD (after about one hour). Doing the same flight in P3D2.3 and got no OOM. So in this regard 2.3 seems to have improved.

Interesting... I am the opposite.  never had a single OOM in 2.2 and I have had 3 in 2.3.

Immpresive!

How do you manage 3 screens without stretching on the far left and right - I use triple head 2go, and accept stretching as a fact of life - can I get rid of it?

Eugene

Yes interesting one. No distortion sort of came about by one silly idea.. I coudln't get the 'edit camera view' to work and all I could see was the top of the panel. Now in this situation I have never had stretch - only if I use wide aspect or changed the FOV.  But I use Track IR so I thought; I know - if I lean foward and up, centre track IR and then sit back in my chair that will have the same effect as zooming out and hey presto I got the best panel view I have ever had - up close and streching without distortion across three monitors. If I use Alt Ent to get true full screen I get stretch so I have to put up with the window, which at first was distracting but actually I don't notice it any more. BTW I also use TH2Go.

So if you use TIR and can put up with the window surround it is actually very easy - and the clarity of the panel is just astounding.

Maybe I am missing something but between 2.2 and 2.3 I can't really see any difference. Infact 2.2 ran smoother with less fiddling with graphics settings etc. I continue to play around with it but I don't consider the update to be all that amazing....

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Hi everyone, I've been away for some time. In fact from about a month after v2.0 was released. Due to a major house move (which house move isn't?) I moved country's and been working on the new place and it's getting there, but the cockpit has been destroyed and all the computer equipment is still in boxes.

Having read everything from the enthusiastic to the mundane opinions here, I'm wishing I hadn't read anything lol but thought it would be good to torture myself

Could one of you fine gentlemen please post a video or set of pictures that you feel best describes the benifits that this version brings to the table. Feel free to torture me

Maybe I am missing something but between 2.2 and 2.3 I can't really see any difference.

The water is definitely better, especially with the recently released REX 4 textures. Mesh resolution must be set at 1m for the animations to look their best. That's REX's recommendation, not mine. I get slightly better performance in overcast conditions with 2.3 when compared to 2.2. Else, the differences are not that great for me between the two releases.

How about a video then? Has anyone already posted one? I'd love to see what everyone is all excited about ...

Cheers & beers

Sascha

Sascha, the one for videos, is Rob....he always does an excellent job of them....

Maybe I am missing something but between 2.2 and 2.3 I can't really see any difference.

Main difference for me right now is that I can set cloud shadows to a whopping 40.000 and still have good performance, even at dawn (where things would stutter badly in 2.2 with shadows at 10.000). Unfortunately during that time the shadows turn on and off depending on where I look... Luckily this is not a problem during daytime. Having cloud shadows that far out is great, specially since (not so great) terrain shadows show up as dark grey blobs with 2.3...

Another thing I noticed is that the clouds look more soft, which I kinda like.

HDR looks a lot better too but ONLY with the tweak that has been posted elsewhere. I never liked HDR before but now I simply LOVE it: really makes the sun shine. Not really sure if this is due to 2.3 or that tweak. ^_^

Other than that it's a bit hard for me to say what's better or not because I spend the last few weeks with 2.2 only trying to get it run right on my brand new PC. By the time I got used to things not working as I hoped, this new version showed up. Though I still get micro stutters, things look better performance wise but that might also be just me getting used to those stutters...

Right now I am becoming quite happy with P3D but it's a combination of getting my new PC under control and 2.3, I guess. ^_^

After some fiddling around I can finally say that P3D is really coming around for me. I'm about 90% ready to delete my FSX, but will hold off for now.

Once we get proper AA and non spinning clouds\improved performance in clouds, FSX is history for me.

CLOUD_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048 --->512

Also whoever discovered this tweak, thank you. I can now run with cloud shadows with minimal impact!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Can I ask you guys a question that may seem simple to you all. My p3d v2.3 ( and im not sure how to describe this any other way ) is that in general it appears sort of darl. I think perhaps some of the posters above use the word "vibrancy " to describe the same thing. Im not sure how to increase the general lighting in the sim ( im talking about the general brightness of items ) not the aircraft lighting .

Maybe you are all doing this through Inspector

Regards   

Peter

Make sure HDR is turned off in P3D.  ??

You cannot do anything in Inspector but you can tweak

the system brightness/contrast in the NV control panel.

gb.

Other question btw; does anyone know how to get the nights a bit darker? I have been playing with my gamma settings in nVidia config panel, but that makes everything much darker. Thing is that in real life, it is really difficult to see anyhing outside during night time (as a passenger I could not even see the wing), whereas in p3d I can clearly see the wings, clouds and runway. I had hoped that with different lighting stuff in p3d vs FSX there would come some solution, but unfortunately not so far :)

Wasn't this brighter night lighting a new "feature" add to 2.3.

You do have HDR on?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

don't get me started :lol:

NE FSX

2014_8_16_16_10_4_108.jpg

2014_8_16_16_31_7_2.jpg

NE P3D

2014_8_16_20_16_40_392.jpg

2014_8_18_2_56_2_270.jpg

So if you use TIR and can put up with the window surround it is actually very easy - and the clarity of the panel is just astounding.

Many thanks - I have TIR, and Windows surround no problem - will start experimenting - 

Eugene

Many thanks - I have TIR, and Windows surround no problem - will start experimenting - 

Eugene

Eugene,

You mentioned windows surround, are you guys talking about surround sound? 

Bob

You mentioned windows surround, are you guys talking about surround sound? 

I'm assuming not full screen - unless I've misunderstood?

Eugene