Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D v2.3 is absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Thanks Richard,

Will do it one more time but quite honestly I am at the end of the road with P3d it really stutters so badly when taxing around uk2000 airports FSX is just better at this...why I do not know.

It is so very disappointing all I want it for is to fly my Airbus with big airports and AI I do not care about AG so in no way I am giving P3D a work out...

I did not use the migration tools as I do not have I installed the Airbus via the Aerosoft software....one other thing that is odd though, when you select the airbus the starters keep running up stop then running up again over and over..further you have to click the MCDU twice to go cold and dark.

If I did use the migration toll would that up set the FSX version I would like to leave that alone not copy it over so it only works in one or the other...

Many thanks

Mark

Thanks Richard,

Will do it one more time but quite honestly I am at the end of the road with P3d it really stutters so badly when taxing around uk2000 airports FSX is just better at this...why I do not know.

It is so very disappointing all I want it for is to fly my Airbus with big airports and AI I do not care about AG so in no way I am giving P3D a work out...

I did not use the migration tools as I do not have I installed the Airbus via the Aerosoft software....one other thing that is odd though, when you select the airbus the starters keep running up stop then running up again over and over..further you have to click the MCDU twice to go cold and dark.

If I did use the migration toll would that up set the FSX version I would like to leave that alone not copy it over so it only works in one or the other...

Many thanks

Mark

Hey Mark you may have hit on something - you have to use the migration tool - all of these hacks to install stuff into P3D is crap - get the tool - YOU NEED IT - do a clean install of P3D and always use the tool without it your just blowing smoke - if you dont get the tool just go back to FSX as you are wasting your time with P3D  - one bad install of a non supported program will hose your install - your choice make the right one

Rich Sennett

Will do Richard, consider me reprimanded!

Will give that a try, can I ask will the migration tool still retain the Airbus in FSX ok?

Thanks for you help here Richard much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Will do Richard, consider me reprimanded!

Will give that a try, can I ask will the migration tool still retain the Airbus in FSX ok?

Thanks for you help here Richard much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark - sometimes I get frustrated :) wondering what % of what I try to pass on to help others actually gets used -  the tool will only be used to install AXE into P3D you can install AXE normally into your FSX setup no tool needed - now tool is only used to install thats it after your done you can shut it down - and fly - if it had to be on to use my addons I would just wait for native installer as I dont like the idea of that - ANY questions just ask you will get it 

Rich Sennett

Another thing to be aware of - many complex a/c like the AXE have a lot of variable to be cleared. Flight1 had a "safe fsx start up" flight posted. It can be adapted to P3D.

Load the default P3D flight and THEN switch to the AXE - see if that changes anything.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Load the default P3D flight and THEN switch to the AXE - see if that changes anything.

This is good advice and almost mandatory for assuring that a complex aircraft will work properly in P3d (and FSX). You might get lucky switching planes in mdiflight or even changing them over from an existing flight, but you are asking for trouble IMO, because of what Vic stated.

Thanks everyone,

Always start P3D with the default then switched, however as above I always got the staters going over and over..

The way I see things is if FSX can run this at nearly 30fps and pretty smoothly not too many stutters when taxing then P3D should just be fine....it is so bad when taxing it is a slide show fps set at 30 but drops out to 23 odd and this is without any weather of UT2 AI installed, hence my hesitation to stick with it.

But as you have been so generous with your time especially Richard I will get the migration tool uninstall everything and start again...god job it has it's own SSD.

Thank you

Mark

Thanks everyone,

Always start P3D with the default then switched, however as above I always got the staters going over and over..

The way I see things is if FSX can run this at nearly 30fps and pretty smoothly not too many stutters when taxing then P3D should just be fine....it is so bad when taxing it is a slide show fps set at 30 but drops out to 23 odd and this is without any weather of UT2 AI installed, hence my hesitation to stick with it.

But as you have been so generous with your time especially Richard I will get the migration tool uninstall everything and start again...god job it has it's own SSD.

Thank you

Mark

Non-stop starters reminds me of a code change between FS9 and FSX involving turbine starting. Sounds like your aircraft addon thinks it's in FS9.

As for your second statement... no, there's nothing to support your belief that installing an unsupported FSX scenery into Prepar3D v2.3 should result in good performance.

It is well known that certain 'cheats' used by scenery developers for FSX are no longer supportable in Prepar3D v2. Perhaps that is why you are having such problems.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks everyone,

Thank you

Mark

Your welcome Mark - I have UT2 working very nicely in 2.3 - need help let me know - you will need migration tool to do so  :) take care 

Rich Sennett

Isn't AXE a native P3D installer?

As far as other stuff, like the airports. I don't think there are native airports for P3D yet.

Also I highly suggest you TURN OFF overclocking on your GPU. And don't max OC your CPU either.

Um, yes airbus is a native installer that is why I installed it that way.

Still something is not right re the starter issue, so as Richard has suggested I will get the migration tool and try again.

Thanks

Isn't AXE a native P3D installer?

As far as other stuff, like the airports. I don't think there are native airports for P3D yet.

Also I highly suggest you TURN OFF overclocking on your GPU. And don't max OC your CPU either.

Um, yes airbus is a native installer that is why I installed it that way.

Still something is not right re the starter issue, so as Richard has suggested I will get the migration tool and try again.

Thanks

AXE is not a native installer - not until they come out with the new A318/A319 and then later the upgraded A320/A321

Rich Sennett

Thanks Richard,

Will report back when all done ....really hoping that will solve it..looking forward to the A319!

Thanks

Mark

AXE is not a native installer - not until they come out with the new A318/A319 and then later the upgraded A320/A321

Hm, that is unacceptable to me if I get what you are saying.

The Airbus X Extended is listed as being for FSX/P3D. Yet, to install this properly you need a paid for migration tool in order for it to work flawlessly?

Native installers should be included with software that is stated as P3D ready.

Hm, that is unacceptable to me if I get what you are saying.

The Airbus X Extended is listed as being for FSX/P3D. Yet, to install this properly you need a paid for migration tool in order for it to work flawlessly?

Native installers should be included with software that is stated as P3D ready.

Nathan good point just checked - yet I believe the general chatter in aerosoft forums is it is not native - yet website states it but not which version of P3D - thanks for the heads up but still I would not install this without the tool

Rich Sennett