Sign in to follow this  
charleslee201

Where is P3DV2.3 better than FSX Dx 10

Lol, when I was training, I rented a 152 for $65/hr with $20 for the instructor.

I used to get Cessna 172s for $36 an hour, and 152s were $32!

Not sure what the instructor rate was...  they were on school staff, paid out of my tuition.

I'd say this...

For the time being p3d should defintely be your vfr sim. It hasn't matured enough to replace flying heavies in fsx.

As for some misinforming comments on filtering and aa. You're wrong. Texture filtering is as good as any other dx11 platform and aa is 100% equal to fsx dx10 if you do a little search on how to set it up. I actually said this quite many times before, but ignorance of this keeps on spreading, pushing people away from what will inevitably become the new mainstream flight sim platform.

I had a glimpse of 2.3 today and just from that glimpse I noticed way better fps and water looks 5x times better, yes! even from higher altitudes.

It hasn't matured enough to replace flying heavies in fsx.

What hasn't matured?

I've completed long distance flights in P3D V2.x in heavies that I could not do in FSX without having to turn all my graphics settings completely down and/or off and/or save the flight (thank you FSUIPC) regular basis before getting hit with an OOM.  This doesn't happen in P3D V2.2 or V2.3.

P3D V2.3 works with:

GSX

NavDataPro

Many major airports (FB, FSDT, Aerosoft)

EFB

ASN

Captain Sim 777

Captain Sim L1011

Aerosoft Airbus X

iFly 737 NGX

Quality Wings BAe 146

Quality Wings 757

MJC Dash 8 Q400

If you miss PMDG ... well don't we all, but they've left the door open and other 3rd party is talking up the slack.  And rumors are Aerosoft is ready to exploit the open door even more with another update to their AXE.

Cheers, Rob.

What hasn't matured?

"If you miss PMDG ... well don't we all, but they've left the door open and other 3rd party is talking up the slack.  And rumors are Aerosoft is ready to exploit the open door even more with another update to their AXE"

So true Rob

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote! Again!

Rich Sennett

So true Rob

Odd how Airbus (a French based group) seems to have no problems with Lockheed Martin simulators.

Odd how Airbus (a French based group) seems to have no problems with Lockheed Martin simulators.

Oh it will happen just how long is the million dollar question 

Rich Sennett

I'm kinda scared to see PMDG in P3D.  I've seens some youtube videos of the NGX in the P3D and none of them ever exceed 20fps.  Usually they stay between 10-15 fps.  

I understand it is not a native model to P3D and maybe that will affect frame rates but I'm curious when and if released how bad performance will suffer for those with mediocre systems.

I'm sure Rich and Rob will have no issues as they run the high end video cards with extreme pc's but I'd like to see an average simmer system run PMDG satisfactorily.

For now I stick with PMDG in FSX and vfr in P3D after some extreme tweaking I was able to fly through heavy clouds without too much stutter.

I am looking at a duel Titan-Z 12gb video card system made by Origin PC but WOW $8000.  Thats more than enough for my IFR real world rating. 

Sean Green

I'm kinda scared to see PMDG in P3D.  I've seens some youtube videos of the NGX in the P3D and none of them ever exceed 20fps.  Usually they stay between 10-15 fps

PMDG NGX and 777 will be fine in P3D hence part of the up cost as it will need some work - FPS I wouldn't worry about that it will perform as good or better than lets say the AXE which very usable in P3D

Edited by n4gix
Excessive quote removed.

Rich Sennett

As for some misinforming comments on filtering and aa. You're wrong. Texture filtering is as good as any other dx11 platform and aa is 100% equal to fsx dx10 if you do a little search on how to set it up.

AA can indeed look just as good and everyone here knows that, but the problem is performance: for good AA we need Inspector's options and with those options performance gets a massive hit, making the sim unflyable. Or do you also have a solution for that?

I think we need to ask nvidia that question - if we can get them on board it will be all great 

Rich Sennett

P3D V2.3 works with:

Others that are supported:

A2A Cessna and Piper

OpusFSX (verified by myself)

Orbx FTX Global and Vector, as well as PNW (though the Cityscape freeware installer has NOT been updated, which is basically what makes PDX look updated, otherwise it looks somewhat default downtown, which sucks)

Aerosoft Twin Otter

FS Captain

FS Flight School

MCE

As far as PDMG goes, the videos you see are hacked versions to work with P3D. Not sure if this is with the migrator or not.

And PDMG will come out for P3D. They are running into licensing issues. I for one can say first hand as a composing and sound designer that a re-nogiated payment for a new platform would need to be done, as the initial license does NOT cover future projects or ports unless stated. In this case probably Turbine and Boeing only allow the initial license for FSX, and PDMG have to pay them again for P3D. It's possible that Aerosoft negotiated a license that covered all platforms so they can release right away. Same with A2A (which it's possible THEY did the sound design)

This could also apply to outsource data and visuals, such as models and textures, or flight data, or outsourced programming. This business is not all work-for-hire, especially the smaller developers.

My licensing agreements cover all OSs for games I do, but not sequels or spin-offs of the same game.

I am looking at a duel Titan-Z 12gb video card system made by Origin PC but WOW $8000.  Thats more than enough for my IFR real world rating.

That is definite future proofing for years to come, but you won't be able to fully use for a while due to 32bit and no SLI support.

I really doubt performance will be good with a complex aircraft like the pmdg 777 or ngx. Performance already suck with small planes and complex airports once to much clouds are introduced.

Like another poster said, for mediocre sytems there will definately be a problem. For beefed up systems it might be possible. 

And I quite surprised that with the system that Rob has he was unable to complete a long haul because of oom issues. I do it all the time. I just disable all but the 2 airports I'm using and I'm good to go. My setup is an i7 4770k running at 4.7ghz with a gtx 780. All my setting are maxed except water low 2x and autogen and scene complexity at very dense. Performance is great 

P3d 2.3 also has oom issues. I installed all my orbx stuff, openlc, england, wales and all the eu airports. Started at eghi with the a2a cessna and as soon as it loaded up I ran oom. I had to disable all the eu airports and my settings werent even maxed.

I did a flight in the a2a cessna at orbx aypy in p3d. Average fps was 25 with moderate settings. Same flight in fsx with maxed settings, average fps was 45+.

p3d is pretty and smooth in clear weather and I would love to use it for vfr, but if I have to turn off those settings I will stick with fsx for now until they can do further optimization.

Pierre

I'm pretty sure the performance will be better, as the CPU will be used for the calculation of that complex aircraft, while the tesselation will push all graphic elements to the CPU. To my understand the Q400 runs WORLDS better on P3D, and it uses an external FDE.

And I quite surprised that with the system that Rob has he was unable to complete a long haul because of oom issues.

Rob said he had OOM issues in FSX, not P3D.

I did a flight in the a2a cessna at orbx aypy in p3d. Average fps was 25 with moderate settings. Same flight in fsx with maxed settings, average fps was 45+.

Hm, I don't have the A2A so I will have to try something else, but my FPS with the default Bonanza with more than moderate settings, REX, Orbx PNW got me about 25-30. It took a bit of tweak the settings to figure out the right balance. I have a GTX680

You system isn't exactly like mine, but just stating it. I'm getting a Titan, so I will probably start posting some kind of real results after I get that and insert all my addons I just bought on it's own SSD.

P3D is DX11, so you can't compare P3D with FSX DX10 preview. Cloud shadows and light through your cockpit in P3D gives you a tremendous sense of depth. Light effects in cockpit [especially MJC Q400] is amazing. It seems to me that people having problems with P3D and not getting the benefits might have a wrong videocard. It must be DX11 capable and LM says it should have 2gb memory.Flying in P3D with most functions on you should not aim at 60FPS. 20 will do very nicely without the feeling of being part of a slideshow. P3D is smooth and defenitly the simulation for me.P3D v2.3 is out now improvingon cloud shadows.

Agree love it, cant bring myself to load fsx again except to fly the pmdg 737, i am excited about future updates from lm

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K