Sign in to follow this  
zito

Looking for the best of business jets

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm guessing the OP really has no idea what he wants. I'm all for soliciting for opinions on the forums, but we're not car salesmen. Do your own research on the great AC people have suggested rather than constantly changing your criteria and expecting people to justify their suggestions. Just one man's opinion.

I'm guessing the OP really has no idea what he wants. I'm all for soliciting for opinions on the forums, but we're not car salesmen. Do your own research on the great AC people have suggested rather than constantly changing your criteria and expecting people to justify their suggestions. Just one man's opinion.

Agreed, enjoyable read anyway though. It is good to know what the best add ons out there are at the moment.

Agreed, enjoyable read anyway though. It is good to know what the best add ons out there are at the moment.

...as well as what's coming in the future!

Greg, we announced our partnership with Leading Edge Simulations on a complete Citation II 551 months prior to any by any competitor..
In addition work is really coming together on our current Citation XLS+ 560. Both Projects may be seen in our Support Forums.

As to the original CX2.0 750, little needs done except a complete remodel/retexture and total reanimation of interior and exterior models...it will be awhile for that so enjoy the current version until whenever we can accomplish that work.

Ron, are these being done only for P3D 2.xxxx or are they being done for FSX?   I haven't switched over yet (though I have it)...still a bit of a moving target.

Gregg

Ron, are these being done only for P3D 2.xxxx or are they being done for FSX?   I haven't switched over yet (though I have it)...still a bit of a moving target.

Gregg

Greg, our primary focus is on FSX development.

Having dipped our toes in the P3D water beginning w/V2 and newer we must say the water is fine and appears to be very promising with the release of V2.4 and of course newer.

That means that a P3D Version of our products will be available at some point in the process of offerings for the secondary P3D market.

We prefer to not discuss these things here because some things have yet to be determined. Suffice to say that we'll take this on per project basis with an eye to providing for both markets. B)

Greg, our primary focus is on FSX development.
Having dipped our toes in the P3D water beginning w/V2 and newer we must say the water is fine and appears to be very promising with the release of V2.4 and of course newer.

Definitely good news. 

Seems like the Extreme Prototypes Learjets (review link) weren't mentioned so far. Adding a RXP GPS to the VC might be a good idea. The dev's page shows the models and features plus a video. Very reasonable pricing in my eyes.

You can hardly burn fuel any faster. ^_^

Im throwing another eaglesoft citation x vote in.

I really enjoy it and once youve learnt it head to toe its very rewarding.

I have the flight crew training manual along with checklists and of the features modelled it mirrors them directly.

Only thing id personally like with the citation x are a few further details of textures in the cockpit. For example on the cockpit window dividers and the electronic checklists.

Thumbs up from me though

Been reading through this thread, and man...are the user opinions, varied!  Wow.....

Good energy being produced here...and reading with interest!   ^_^

Ya I'll pretty much buy any bizjet as long as it is semi-updated.  I have the ES 750 and it is good but I think their older jets are a bit dated for me.  The xtreme protoypes is dated too and basic.  I'll have to check out that lionheart lear sometime, and definitely get the new ES jets.

There is a full review of the 20 series here. http://www.avsim.com/pages/0410/Xtreme/Lear20.htm

and a comparison of some features with the new Lionheart Creations Lear 24B here. http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/aircraft/review-learjet-24b-by-lionheart-creations-ltd-r2543

And for a real kick in the butt, I have a comparison of the LHC Lear 24B and the Milviz T-38A in the pipeline. Maybe this weekend.

If I were to guess the next arrival, I would lean toward the Carenado S550 Citation II. I don't know anyone that knows for sure what that cockpit is going to have in it but my guess is that it will based on something in the real world in Chile. That means it could have some add ons that didn't come from Wichita in the original delivery.

I doubt it will have the FMS that someone thinks they have an inside track on, but then who knows. I do know that if it does then it falls in that category of 'added after Wichita' because they surely didn't have them back then.

Regards,

Ray

I'll have to check out that lionheart lear sometime

I recently bought it and love it. Thing is FAST.

+1 not only is it a great review its also a great read. I was looking for comments on the apparent excess thrust and you addressed that in a logical manner. The vid of the real bird at the airshow has convinced me to buy it and I will plop the RXP unit inside

Nice topic. I do not have time to be hard core with regards to the gps and G1000. So from what I read, the Carenado Phenom 100 could do the job (and for sure I want to buy only P3D compatible in case I use it in the future). These 2 reviews were not yet linked in this topic.

http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/ag/emb500/emb500.htm

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/aircraft/review-embraer-phenom-100-by-carenado-r2369

Nice topic. I do not have time to be hard core with regards to the gps and G1000. So from what I read, the Carenado Phenom 100 could do the job (and for sure I want to buy only P3D compatible in case I use it in the future). These 2 reviews were not yet linked in this topic.

http://forum.avsim.n...-carenado-r2369

If I start the Mustang on the runway with engines running I can be ready for takeoff in 30 seconds.  You don't have to do much of anything with the G1000 if you don't want to.  But it's nice to know it has your back if you need it.  On the other hand, I would bet that the looks of the VC in the Phenom would be better.

We could see the new Carenado S550 Citation II released in the next few days. I suspect it will garner a lot of attention as it is the only new Citation for flight sim in quite some time. This one does have an FMS.

Regards,

Ray

10872961_747227532020730_8473475710030394284_o.jpg

10873357_745010688909081_3347014861184080002_o.jpg

10873376_745010665575750_3032347327781111788_o.jpg

panel_Carenado_.JPG

waite for eaglesoft citation, they put out a good product, wilco  has falcon 7 coming out , but they always been behind in good aircraft, and controls

I thought this one wasn't going to have a Navigraph FMS? Their hawker should though.

I thought this one wasn't going to have a Navigraph FMS? Their hawker should though.

Ryan, I fully expect the S550 S/II to support up-datable Navdata, just not sure it will be Navigraph.

atcdavey,

I am also looking forward to the ESDG offerings. One is suppose to be an XLS+ which is a totally different airplane than the earlier S/II. We don't have to wait another year or so, we can have both.

Regards,

Ray

Ryan,

Here is a pic of the very first S/II off the line in 1984. It looks like it has the UNS-1 FMS in the console. I think this was still being used in the CJ & CJ1 Citations 20+ years later. It is a very capable and easy to use FMS.

Of course, it could be just about any of the basic FMS units. Some of the S/II upgraded to Honeywell GNS-XLS units early on. I suppose it will depend on the exact S/II Carenado is using for their design.

Regards,

Ray

1984_Cessna_Citation_SII_S550-0001_.jpg

UNS-1.JPG

Here is a pic of the very first S/II off the line in 1984. It looks like it has the UNS-1 FMS in the console. I think this was still being used in the CJ1+ Citations 20+ years later. It is a very capable and easy to use FMS.

Pretty sure that UNS-1 in that aircraft in the pic will be retro-fit.  The aircraft's showing an EADI and EHSI too and they definitely weren't used in the aircraft as they came off the line in '84;  it used a standard (steam) ADI and HSI, as per the Eaglesoft offering.

I thought I saw on Carenado's FB page that this release (the SII) wasn't going to have updatable nav data, and would use a standard 'mask FMS' (masked standard GPS), and that the Hawker will be their first NavData release.

Then again, things do change, and the release of this SII does seem a little delayed as they released 'final, pre-release screenies' well over a week ago now.  (Release normally follows 24-72 hours after those pics) ....... so who knows, maybe they're working on a better FMS representation.    Fingers crossed.

I don't want to be too negative with Carenado, but the not all fps-friendly is really starting to bother me. They should really work on that. The latest exemple is the Phenom 100. I have to use one trick mentioned in this site to have very low and just acceptable fps (around 10fps in 3Dsurround at San Francisco: rename and therefore desactivate two files that came with it). They are the worst (Pmdg 737, VRS with Tacpack, M2000C, M2M F-15E are much more fps friendly). So I just can be afraid of what the new Citation could be....

I don't want to be too negative with Carenado, but the not all fps-friendly is really starting to bother me. They should really work on that. The latest exemple is the Phenom 100. I have to use one trick mentioned in this site to have very low and just acceptable fps (around 10fps in 3Dsurround at San Francisco: rename and therefore desactivate two files that came with it). They are the worst (Pmdg 737, VRS with Tacpack, M2000C, M2M F-15E are much more fps friendly). So I just can be afraid of what the new Citation could be....

Hello Segal

I suspect the FPS issue with the Phenom 100 has more to do with the 'Carenado Glass Panels' than anything else. The Citation S550 II/S will not have the similar glass panels so I don't expect any FPS issues.

Regards,

Ray