Sign in to follow this  
CVO110

Steves DX10 Scenery Fixer is back for sale

I wonder if there are any plans for disabling SGAA from clouds. That would be the best thing ever.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Not any great changes, BB - Steve's been working on getting the VC and general shadowing to a better level than it is in DX9, and that's largely been successful. The manual and interface has changed a little, to - nothing to be afraid of!

pj

I went ahead and updated, hoping there wouldn't be any bugs. The VC shadows look significantly better after some tweaking, so I consider this a big win for Steve and the rest of us. 

Excellent news! Thanks to Steve for that decision and ongoing support of the old ship, called FSX.

I guess the DX10 community and helpers (Paul et al. :hi: ) did play a role, a good one.

Welcome back Paul and Steve! :):Party: 

Already updated to 2.4! 

I wonder if there are any plans for disabling SGAA from clouds. That would be the best thing ever.

I really don't believe its possible without changing the core.

Yes there is!

It's called the GTX 970. :P

You will get a nice boost in performance across the horizon.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I stand corrected.  VC shadows are not enabled by PMDG but you can edit some files to get it working.  Details in the manual and in this thread.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421981-vc-shadows-and-pmdg-777/page-2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yes there is!

It's called the GTX 970. :P

You will get a nice boost in performance across the horizon.

Hehe, well I've ordered myself a 980 as my monitor died and thought it was time for a little upgrade anyways xD

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Using "Cloud Clip" and "Discard Fogged" in the paid version of the DX10 Fixer, along with ASN's dynamic cloud range setting, goes a long ways towards lessening the FSP hit of clouds while using 4x GSAA.  I can now fly in weather that was once a complete stutter fest before these changes (my 780 gtx probably helps as well).

Hats off to the improved VC/aircraft shadows; yet again I can rejoice with staying with FSX!  BTW, I have a hard time convincing myself to get P3D, since I'd have to fool (read LIE to) myself that I'm not using it for personal entertainment, but hey that's me whose not a pilot nor in such training.  To quote Mark Twain: The honest man has nothing to remember.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Can anyone confirm with pictures VC shadows in the NGX737? Or is this impossible? I'm a little bit confused on this matter and to lazy to start digging...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

To the best of my knowledge, no matter how the Fixer is setup, nor what version is being used - cockpit shadowing for the PMDG NGX does not work. This could of course, change at some point, but this is the situation at this moment.

However - it does work for the PMDG 777.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Can anyone confirm with pictures VC shadows in the NGX737? Or is this impossible? I'm a little bit confused on this matter and to lazy to start digging...

I have them working on the MD11, 747 V1 and J41. Lots of shots of the 777 with shadows, I do not have the 777.

The 737NGX will not work I believe because it has a giant box out side the VC. If you sit in the VC and slew out with CTRL+entre until your out side and look back you will see the box. It might be to protect there HUD tech or is required by the HUD to work. 

scaled.php?server=810&filename=201181014

To the best of my knowledge, no matter how the Fixer is setup, nor what version is being used - cockpit shadowing for the PMDG NGX does not work. This could of course, change at some point, but this is the situation at this moment.

However - it does work for the PMDG 777.

pj

I could not get it to work on the 777.  I enabled VC Shadows using the Toolbox.  Did it on the VC and then changed it to the actual airframe model.  Does it need to be enabled on both?  Also, I checked VC Walls in the Fixer.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Sorry for the double post, but I would really to get feedback on using Steve's latest version of the Fixer with an ATI HD 6970 Graphics Card.

Apparently this is a great card for running FSX in dx9, but, how about with the fixer?

I never had ATIs, so I dont know, but a friend with an ATI HD 6970  is really willing to take the plunge and move to the DX10 World :-), only affraid of having problems with the many installed aircraft and scenery / tunning add-ons...

Any oppinions, hints, suggestions appreciated !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...