Sign in to follow this  
sanh

Here's why you are not enjoing P3D

I upgrade and fly and no problems except with my traffic for p3d which causes crashes after about 10 minutes so I deleted and will wait for an updated version. I couldn't be happier with p3d. It is all I hoped it would be. If I never had another update I believe in it's current form it's far better than fsx imho. And hardware has finally caught up with software to deliver an incredible experience.

it stutters period, because LM choose to use a false full screen window and not a true full screen that FSX has thus you cannot use NV to help eliminate the problem...from P3D

Can you please give it a rest.  You have been complaining that P3D stutters badly for a few weeks now and surely you have gotten your refund by now.  The fact is it stutters badly for YOU, but for the majority of P3D users, it works well.  I would encourage you to possibly spend more time playing FSX rather than beating the same drum in the P3D forum.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I found P3D extremely enjoyable. Overall great performance and fantastic visual quality, really, almost a dream came true. Plus, finally there are no cfg entries no mess around, what a relief!

Strangely I began to develop some bad tastes to Orbx regional addons. I like FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC, but their regional addons like PNW are so heavy on fps - those 20fps stuttering flight shows just don't cut and are increasingly frustrating. I guess I'm spoiled by the butter smooth >30fps often well over 40fps elsewhere I got in P3D with most settings maxed and stunning gorgeous image quality.

I think in the future I'll stay away from Orbx regions, just Global + Vector + OpenLC, plus addon airports and cities like Xtreme Cities.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
  Application Version:    2.4.11570.0
  Application Timestamp:    542314d3
  Fault Module Name:    StackHash_c437
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp:    521ea8e7
  Exception Code:    c0000374
  Exception Offset:    000ce753
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    c437
  Additional Information 2:    c437754bd57391240d519352511ac535
  Additional Information 3:    3e72
  Additional Information 4:    3e72f6b2b78a96a3f1defc37f5d455e8

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Im using P3D2 since it came out a year ago and upgraded after every update that came out. I have to say P3D2 got better end better. And if there was a major bug LM reacted immediately. If one stay on the installation/update procedure there should be no probs whatsoever.

Another plus for upgrading is to keep track of old and/or new bugs. Betas cant provide 150% testing. It is a job as well for the community. Everybody who gets into PC flight simulation nowadays will sooner or later end up here in the AVSIM, LM, ORBX forums etc to get their question answered or even provide helpful solutions. 

The probs start when users throw everything at P3D2 they have in their FSX folders. Like unsupported ORBX stuff for ex or the try to get PMDG stuff to work.

What i guess nobody mentioned before, after installation of P3D2 the only thing the user has to "tweak" is to set the FPS slider to unlimited and the sim is running like a charm.

I know it is a pain the you no where to go through a full reinstall and all that crap. I do understand your point -never change a running system. But hey never say never sometimes it could be better to say goodbye to the old stuff and say hello to the new one.

Guess what would happen if nobody would update their software. :blink:  Ah last question on which P3D2 version are you right now? ;)

PS: I agree with you -Go FLy :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Mike T 707,

Like everyone else in this forum I have an opinion yes it does not work for me yes I am not happy yes I tried.

And guess what, it does not work for others either but there you go!

Anyway enough said..

Enjoy what you fly!

I will enjoy it that day P3D x64 is alive, no fears of OOM's etc...

I am switching to Horizon VFR GenX Ireland East photographic scenery from FTX Republic of Ireland to ease the pressure when I am running Aerosoft Dublin. I have just tried departing from Dublin with FTX Republic of Ireland active in P3D v2.4, and I am running out of memory after barely leaving the ground! Admittedly this is with Autogen Complexity set to Very Dense, and UT2 AI @ 100%, but who wants bare landscapes with landclass scenery textures, and hardly any airliners at a major airport? I have decided that high resolution photoscenery with detailed coastlines and mesh, and no external autogen is the better option.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Like everyone else in this forum I have an opinion yes it does not work for me yes I am not happy yes I tried.

Then please state your problem as an opinion or you own personal experience and not a fact.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

> 2. Micro-stutters or stutters

I'm perfectly ok with stutters if it only affects visual part. However, if it is a stutter with input skipping - then this is a problem and should be resolved.

P3D v2.4 fixed a small problem with the rendering system, and improves overall smoothness for all systems.

Users claiming more micro stuttering compared to FSX; this could be attributed to vsync behaviour in desktop mode as was mentioned.

Those with higher than 60Hz refresh monitors will have a better experience with P3D. With P3D choose a higher refresh monitor, several are over 120Hz these days, and will render P3D smoother.

Indeed, full screen game mode can be run smoother with vsync off or set partially; NI can be used with FSX and fixed fps to improve the smoothness, depending on the monitor type and GPU. For example on a 60Hz monitor, 15fps fixed and 1/4 refresh vsync with NI, (or 30fps fixed and 1/2 refresh vsync) can actually help the simulation run a more consistent fps.

Another tip that may not be so apparent is that, as higher resolutions are chosen, or more monitors are added, FSX performance degrades less quickly than P3D, since P3D has more graphical content. Users suffering stutters, with perhaps slightly older kit, could try choosing lower resolutions, and allowing the monitors to upscale the image.

Best Regards

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Guest JustanotherPilot

Not at all happy with V2.4. I've dropped 10fps and now get stuttering. I'm using the same computer, same hardware and same settings as I did with 2.3 which gave excellent graphics - although not recommended the Prepar3d.cfg file needs some serious tweaks.

Not at all happy with V2.4. I've dropped 10fps and now get stuttering.

Did you delete the compiled shaders as required, then allow P3D to compile new ones?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JustanotherPilot

Did you delete the compiled shaders as required, then allow P3D to compile new ones?

Yes, the first change I made - no noticeable improvement.