Sign in to follow this  
Bob650

Probe Heat

PM me with an email address and I'll get the textures to anyone who wants them. Only 2 files, but 15 megs apiece.

-Bob

Thanks Bob!

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Bert I

Add this to the Gauge_Update.xml file  (in the GaugePC12 folder):

Search for "_INITA" and insert the highlighted line before it:

(A:PITOT HEAT, bool)   (L:ASD_BTN_PC12_PROBES,number)  !=  if{ (>K:PITOT_HEAT_TOGGLE) }

(L:GAUGE_UPDATE_INITA) 0 == if{  etc...

I opened it in note pad and made the correction but how do you get the file back into GaugePC12 folder.  Dumb question but after saving it how do you get the file back in the main file or just saving it is enough

Bert,

Thanks.  Put mod in and took a shack down flight. Went up to FL 250 and everything seemed to register fine.  Had airspeed indication all the way up and down to landing.

I can open this file! but I can not save this with note pad?? I can not fix this Problem with the Pitot!

Will carenado make a update!??

HP

I can open this file! but I can not save this with note pad?? I can not fix this Problem with the Pitot!

Will carenado make a update!??

HP

Taking a guess here...

Is your FSX in your Program Files directory?  If so, save the file someplace else and then copy it from there, back to its original location.  If you ever do a reinstall of FSX, don't put it in Program Files.  Put it in something like C:\FSX.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi

I have already tried as you described, but without success! :(

Thanks for help!

HP

Well I think I found my problem with Probe heat and no airspeed.  Now I don't know what to do to fix it.  Maybe someone can shed some light on a fix. If I fly with FSX weather which is not updating and not realistic I don't have a problem with airspeed indicator going to zero.  I have REX essential with overdrive which I have used for a long time now with no problems with any other Carenado aircraft. When I load the weather through REX and take the same flight about 10 minutes into the flight when I reach alt (FL110 - FL250) with outside temps of -16 I loose airspeed. Panel is setup the same under each situation. I have gone to the REX forum also but I have had good luck with the people here.

Thanks for the help  

Well I think I found my problem with Probe heat and no airspeed.  Now I don't know what to do to fix it.  Maybe someone can shed some light on a fix. If I fly with FSX weather which is not updating and not realistic I don't have a problem with airspeed indicator going to zero.  I have REX essential with overdrive which I have used for a long time now with no problems with any other Carenado aircraft. When I load the weather through REX and take the same flight about 10 minutes into the flight when I reach alt (FL110 - FL250) with outside temps of -16 I loose airspeed. Panel is setup the same under each situation. I have gone to the REX forum also but I have had good luck with the people here.

Thanks for the help  

Are you using the panel mods from Bert? If so you go into the Pilatus panel folder, and the subfolder in there to edit the file and add the line from page 1. Rex adds more icing effects than default fsx

Using Bert's mod.  I added it and now seems to work OK.  I did do a clean install first and rebuilt everything.  Maybe a bad file someplace in the package. I did a three leg flight yesterday and had no issues.

I use ASN! It is coold I have the same Problems!  ( with airspeed indicator)

How I can load Bert's mod!?

I use ASN! It is coold I have the same Problems!  ( with airspeed indicator)

How I can load Bert's mod!?

send a private message to Bert Pieke and follow the directions. Then edit the specific file by adding the line from page 1

Hpit,

Bert's mod with the addition for the probe does work.  I haven't had a problem since I got it installed.