Have u not heard of Lockheed Martin P3D?

Lockheed Martin P3D, Im not fully aware of the usage and its ability, I do know what it does. From what I can understand you have to be an educator or someone with a license with P3D in order to use it. Correct me if Im wrong? It can cost you about a good $2000 to use?

Lockheed Martin P3D, Im not fully aware of the usage and its ability, I do know what it does. From what I can understand you have to be an educator or someone with a license with P3D in order to use it. Correct me if Im wrong? It can cost you about a good $2000 to use?

Here are all the available licences for Prepar3D 2.x.

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2013/11/4648/

The Acedemic licence @ $59.95 should be perfect for all!

Here are all the available licences for Prepar3D 2.x.

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2013/11/4648/

The Acedemic license @ $59.95 should be perfect!. (unless you are a owner of a training school)

You do not have to be an educator or anyone else to use it!!

You can purchase it if you want to learn to fly & have $59.95

You are not allowed to be entertained by it.!! - Play another game if you want entertainment.

If you regard your simming as a learning experience, then this is perfect for you!!

Can you imagine a knock on the door & finding  'Men In Black' asking you if you are learning something or are you being entertained when using P3D? I dont think so...

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I believe no one mentioned the freeware project Flight Gear...

Flight Gear version 3.2 has just been released :-)

Together with the payware alternatives, FSX, P3D, X-Plane, AeroFly FS for Generic Civil flightsim platforms, DCS World, IL2 BOS, Rise of Flight for air combat platforms, FlightGear is a slowly progressing but very interesting project.

The main flight dynamics model used in FG is the same used for Outerra vehicles.

Check this for an example of what rendering you can expect from FG3.2, and a nice free add-on p51d :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

From what I can understand you have to be an educator

Just lie to yourself like so many others have done and you'll be good!

Oh look, another person who has no idea what they are talking about.

Old habits die hard.

I'm not impressed with P3D so far, it's basically the same FSX with the same outdated foundation that receives constant band-aid updates, it's evolutionary, but not revolutionary and it's still suffering from a lot of the issues that FSX is suffering from. I installed P3D 2.2 3 times now and also uninstalled it 3 times. I had my share of issues with FSX, but it's now running really well and I seldom have issues, heck I never even got a single OOM. With P3D some FSX issues are improved or fixed, but new issues pop up, plus a lot of add-ons don't work anymore or create new issues, when all I want to do is just  ~fly~ (go ahead, call me crazy)

On the other hand, if P3D would have been revolutionary, then I would have no problem to switch and to deal with the issues, but sorry.... I don't see that revolution, even cockpit and ground shadows don't change my mind. As a matter of fact, if I can't see those shadows in a video, then I can't really tell if I'm looking at an FSX or P3D video.... go figure, it's not worth to get head aches backs that I got rid of a long time ago.

Yup, FS9 & my "Golden Wings" are far less hassle than FSX (dumped) & my P3D. With the older sims, I have all the aircraft I want( oldies, low's 'n slows) & my local scenery. plus the scenery from http://ford-tri-motor.net/

AND, most importantly, the sim just works! No messing around, no fiddling, just flying!

I do not need the latest, just something that works!

So what if I do not have plenty different views, the VC & std cockpit are fine, I'm flying from the cockpit, not from outside!

Yes, FS9 is the Windows XP of sims, stable as anything! FSX is the Windows Vista!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Why does everybody assume that P3D is FSX? It isn't! It is an evolution of ESP. ESP has never been as buggy and as unstable as FSX. For an evolution of FSX you'll have to wait for the steam version.

It is an evolution of ESP

Guess what the base of ESP is?

ESP has never been as buggy and as unstable as FSX.

When did you ever see ESP in use? So what is the basis for that statement?

Guess what the base of ESP is?

When did you ever see ESP in use? So what is the basis for that statement?

You are wrong on both counts.

FSX is built on ESP. ESP is "not" FSX

I have seen ESP used many times by the Royal Airforce. So if it's good enough for them it's good enough for LM

Play nice now!!

Fo goodness sake.... So what!!

This forum title is:

For The Love Of Flying! What is NEXT?

It seem that the answer is ######in' & moaning? A contest of who knows (or thinks they know) more?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...