Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

2014/09/16 - Update of PrecipitFX v1.1 for FSX

We are glad to release our first update for PrecipitFX.

Since the release of PrecipitFX over a month ago, we have received numerous feedbacks from our customers, which helped us dress a list of the most pressing issues which needed to be fixed.
We are continuously working on our product to make it the most amazing effects package for the Flight Simulator community.

What is included in the update?

• Enhanced rain and snow textures;
  • Fix flashing rain and snow textures;
  • Fix for a bug where the engine wash would follow the aircraft in the air.

How do I get it?

If you have PrecipitFX v1.0, running the installer will automatically update you to v1.1.

If you don't have v1.0 installed, simply run the installer you downloaded from the FSFX Packages website.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

The 777 specific effects are awesome.. I can't wait for that..please make it for P3D 2.4 too

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The 777 specific effects are awesome.. I can't wait for that..please make it for P3D 2.4 too

They are working on P3D version - should be great

Rich Sennett

Thats cool they are working on the P3D version.. We are trying to move away from FSX completely.. anyway. :)

I like the idea that they are doing aircraft specific effects.. I'd rather have quality over quanity. I'd be totally happy with these effects on PMDG aircraft, the Aerosoft Airbus and the Fighter aircrafts like F-18s and F16s that are out there... 

'I had always wanted to land (at dawn) the F-18s with the wing Vortex effects (..Ha Ha! :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thats cool they are working on the P3D version.. We are trying to move away from FSX completely.. anyway. :)

I agree Manny no problem with specific purchases at all - as the big hitters are the most important to me

Rich Sennett

How about the other end of the temperature spectrum as well: Heat haze (shimmer) FX coming out the engine and APU cones on those lovely hot days?

The thing I think about with rain is how subtle it is.  You, generally, don't see it unless it's heavyish, right?...unless you look close.  Often, it slants with the wind some.  Honestly, I don't know if there's a way to do some of that with FSX but, wouldn't that be nice.  The trick is to not over do it...let the subtlety work.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Keven,

Do you have plan to make dedicated package for Aerosoft A320/319 ?

Artur 

Hi Keven,

Do you have plan to make dedicated package for Aerosoft A320/319 ?

Hi, The A318/A320 series is on the list ;)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42