Sign in to follow this  
Beanf18

PMDG secret project

You may just get your wish from a company called TFDI Designs, they are working cooperatively with Milviz on their Boeing 717, I have been watching development and so far its looking pretty good!

https://tfdidesign.com/index.php?p=717

Thank you Very Much for this link and info.  I have been wanting a Boeing 717 for FSX, ever since I seen them flying out of our local airport.  I really appreciate you telling me about this.

one day when there is nothing left to simulate, they will make the flight  simulator itself :P

but for now, im beting they will go for a 787 after 747v2... and for those that want to have classic 3 cockpit crew aircraft like for fsx, i dont think its doable for fsx as you cant fly it with 1 pilot on simulator

Since MAAM stopped developing the DC-3 I seriously think it would make perfect sense for PMDG to jump in. They got the DC-6 ready (almost), a DC-3 would look good next to the DC-6.

A DC-3 from PMDG.....I would pay double the money they will ask for it!!!! And yes, I do believe there is a reasonable market for the DC-3 to make it worth while for PMDG.....

/

Norbert Plate

Would love to see something Russian like a Tupolev or Ilyushin.  :wub: 

I say Level-d finally threw in the towel on the 757 and asked PMDG to finish it off...

Greg

My first choice as a follow up project would be my all time favorite ride based on twenty seven years of airline flying.....................

The Convair 340

The "funnest" airplane I have ever flown!

Fred Coleman

Show of hands - How many people will actually fly an old DC if PMDG makes it?  I see a lot of hype on here about it but I'm not going to buy it.  

PMDG makes aircraft that are already in the market only if they can make them better so far.  Is QualityWings's 787 going to be SO BAD that PMDG would make one also?  Is the LDS 767 so out of date that PMDG would make one?  No need for a Dash 8.  Majestic's is just that.  Majestic.  Can't wait for shared cockpit.  

Let's stick with Boeing for now.  What is left?  Going by the non-steam gauge comment the 767/757/787 are all that remain really.  Even Boeing is running out of numbers for new aircraft.  Seems kind of limited when you read my above opinion and guesses.  

I just don't know what they will make next.  As long as most major airlines fly it regularly and it's complex with a foot thick FCOM I'll be buying it.  

The comment from Rob about how they setup the failure system in the 777.  About how it was designed this way for something that will be implemented in the future.  What could that mean?  MAYBE shared cockpit feature?  Anything would be better than what http://desk-pilot.com has created.   

Hey, mods - didn't mean to report a post in this thread. Fat fingers plus iPad. Please disregard.

Back on topic - I'd buy and fly an old DC from PMDG. Am guessing others would, too - which is probably why they're making one.

Hey, mods - didn't mean to report a post in this thread. Fat fingers plus iPad. Please disregard.

Back on topic - I'd buy and fly an old DC from PMDG. Am guessing others would, too - which is probably why they're making one.

They also thought people would buy the MD11.  It's kind of a niche thing.  

I'm just going by the numbers of people I see flying certain type of aircraft on VATSIM and I don't see many DCs or MD11s any more.  Never did really.  

The only ones left from Boeing are the 787/757/767 to create and all have been created.  Will PMDG create their versions?  I hope so.  To me, those are the only ones left that would be profitable.  I'm not sure if I'd even buy the V2 of the 747.  We will see.  

What do you think?  

DC-6 will be my first PMDG insta-buy. Not everyone wants another FMC directed AP to 'fly'.

I'm just one voice. I get that. And my purchase will not make the 6 a success. But we don't all fly tubes on vatsim.

I skipped the 777-300, its too similar to the 200LR for me to justify the cost.  The DC-6 will be instant buy for me as would a DC-3.   Not everyone fly's virtually to simulate airline economics.  Some of us just like to fly famous or thrilling airplanes.  If someone offered you a ride in a vintage Jaguar or Aston Martin....would you turn them down because it wasn't a common minivan?  B)   To each their own.

The DC-3 is one of the most famous airplanes ever built, it deserves top notch simulation treatment.  A PMDG/A2A joint venture on a Gooney Bird project would be a dream.  In the mean time Manfred Jahn's Gooney Bird series is excellent for the time being.  

My grandfather flew C-47s in Europe during the war so it is a special plane for me.

Cheers

TJ

They are going to make a ship for RSI Star Citizen...

Guys...it's a secret PROJECT. Maybe it won't be even an aircraft but something else, like the pogo stick?