Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Flysimware's Cessna C441 Conquest ll out now

Never really got into FS economy. I've heard a lot of good things though.

They are into the conquest, there is a thread going . 

ZORAN

Revision 1.2 has entered the final testing stage everyone!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Revision 1.2 has entered the final testing stage everyone!

Look forward to it! .... can't wait to start enjoying this fantastic simulation, along with the RXP or F1 GTN units :smile:

Look forward to it! .... can't wait to start enjoying this fantastic simulation, along with the RXP or F1 GTN units :smile:

I think you're really going to enjoy it!

Good news. A couple of questions:

1.) The Elite King Air Throttle Quadrant works with engines shutdown. With engines started, power levers appear locked. Is there a throttle/power lever lock?

2.) Have you considered securing a Flysimware forum on AVSIM?

Thanks and good fortune with the enterprise.

Les Parson

Good news. A couple of questions:

1.) The Elite King Air Throttle Quadrant works with engines shutdown. With engines started, power levers appear locked. Is there a throttle/power lever lock?

2.) Have you considered securing a Flysimware forum on AVSIM?

Thanks and good fortune with the enterprise.

Les Parson

Hello Les,

The reason you are unable to move the throttles after engine start is because you have not removed the start locks. The start locks keep the props in flat pitch during engine start to prevent air resistance on the blades, which would subsequently result in a hot or hung start.

Features like this are why I reccomend all new 441 owners review my Video Based Initial Pilot Training series for the 441 on YouTube. Here is a direct link to the video that talks about the start locks:

Fly safe!

Joe

I'd really recommend users of this fine simulation to watch the 3 videos that Joe has on YouTube (on the Bman2101 channel).     They will really keep you right.

Part 1 - Systems

Part 2 - Start Locks

Part 3 - Normal Engine Start

Just one thing - there is still an old video on the channel from a couple of months ago called "engine start", so make sure you don't watch that one, but instead the one that has 'part 3' in the title.    They're really great videos (and the case of the above query, they tell you that the throttles will not move forward if the engines are running with the start locks still in place :wink: ).

I see said the blind man. The videos are really outstanding.

On a separate topic, I have the C441 POH/Checklist for the Conquest with four variations of the TPE331-8-401. With the exception of 3-Blade vs. 4-Blade prop, aircraft dimensions and weight/fuel and limitations appear identical. Can you highlight any other differences between CONQUEST and CONQUEST II with the TPE331-10 as it relates to performance, etc?

If/when GTN 750 support comes I'll possibly pick it up for P3D.  I enjoyed the old F1 version for FS9.  Is the P3D a separate license or is it 35 bucks for both FSX and P3D?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If/when GTN 750 support comes I'll possibly pick it up

Me too. I do not really like the VC textures but I'm quite impressed by the system modeling. It seems that a lot of attention to detail went into this product. And that's something I always appreciate :smile:

And I really enjoy the videos. Great work, Joe!

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I see said the blind man. The videos are really outstanding.

On a separate topic, I have the C441 POH/Checklist for the Conquest with four variations of the TPE331-8-401. With the exception of 3-Blade vs. 4-Blade prop, aircraft dimensions and weight/fuel and limitations appear identical. Can you highlight any other differences between CONQUEST and CONQUEST II with the TPE331-10 as it relates to performance, etc?

All 441's are Conquest II's. The Conquest I is essentially a 421C with PT-6's, and there was really no "Conquest" other than in Cessna's marketing department.

The Dash 10 engines are higher horsepower engines that have been flat rated to the same power output as the Dash 8 model. As a result, the engine is able to maintain its maximum rated power to a much higher altitude. The Dash 8 engines become temp limited at around 14,000 feet, whereas the Dash 10 engines will not temp out until well into the mid 20's. True airspeed is increased by 35 to 40 knots, range is increased by about 150nm, and service intervals are greatly increased.

Hope that answered the question!

If/when GTN 750 support comes I'll possibly pick it up for P3D.  I enjoyed the old F1 version for FS9.  Is the P3D a separate license or is it 35 bucks for both FSX and P3D?

Let me check with Mark on that one. I'll get back to you!

Really nice add-on! My only gripe is I can't find a way to smoothly manage taxi speed. FSX turboprop modelling fault I suppose.

Mauricio Brentano

Are  the RXP and F1 navigation unit's available in v1.2, I can't find how to install/activate them.

RobdeVries.jpg

Are  the RXP and F1 navigation unit's available in v1.2, I can't find how to install/activate them.

Yes they're not in the current version, but I believe are coming in v1.2, which Joe has indicated we can expect soon.   :smile:

Really nice add-on! My only gripe is I can't find a way to smoothly manage taxi speed. FSX turboprop modelling fault I suppose.

I've found this too, Mau. Part of this seems like there is a lot of torque change for a quite small throttle movement. I'm not sure if this is my throttle setup but I don't experience this too much on other a/c. Not sure if this will be addressed in 1.2 or is on the dev's radar.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10