Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Flysimware's Cessna C441 Conquest ll out now

I dont like spreading my Credit card details around 5 shops is enough, Ill wait till it makes it to one of the stores. But it is one I have being waiting for.

Okay, I've been up for a few short flights and here are my thoughts (this is P3D but I'm pretty sure it's the same in FSX):

I really love this aircraft. The thing that stands out to me is the flight model--from the turbine to general flight handling feels really good. Definitely no "flying on rails". Systems are quite comprehensive. The turbine power is awesome, but realistic. Love the Garrett engines, very similar to PMDG J4100's engines I believe.

The things that I hope the developer may keep working on that would take this from solid good to awesome would be:

1. some better texturing inside and out--especially HD. We've gotten spoiled by Carenado (well, at least on the texturing end of things) but I think there is room for the dev to boost his game here or get some help. I'm pretty sure some of the great painters out there will do some new paints but a bit more upgrading in the vc would really be welcome. Night lighting is okay but again, there have been some good advances in this area lately and would be nice to see things improve a bit. Again though, it's perfectly useable day or night, and I wouldn't avoid night flying because of it either.

I want to say that I had some doubts about buying based on this issue, but it's actually been okay and has not really detracted much from the enjoyment I've been having. I think this is because in my view, the plane has a lot of great features and is really satisfying to fly.

Startup animation and sequence is clearly something they've put a lot of attention to capture accurately, and there are vids on their site and youtube showcasing this. Seems to be very well done modelling the turbine behaviour throughout the flight envelope, which is no easy feat, especially with the Garrett engines.

2. A minor glitch with one of the sounds for the blower air but this is really minor and I'm sure will be fixed in an update (could even be my setup)

3. Could be my setup again here, but the throttle is a little twitchy and sensitive--from beta to out of beta happens very suddenly and throttle movement is comparatively small, especially at upper power range, to effectuate an engine change. I think I saw somewhere the dev is working to adjust this.

4. Sounds are generally good--couldn't hear the gear as clearly as I'd hoped but it sounds like the default. I'll just swap in some other gear sound I think.  

I'm going to send some of this feedback to the dev in the hopes that he may be able to improve on these. I had a "well, not sure on this one but I'll try" attitude, and waited for a few days hemming and hawing about it all, and I must say I have no regrets and find it to be an excellent and interesting plane to fly.

I'm in no way associated with the dev or the company but wanted to put a few more specifics out there that I have experienced in flying this one. It would be great to hear from others on this too. I think Flightsimware could be able to become an important contender in the flight sim world--they've got the ability to create and code a great flight model and characteristics of a turbine a/c (not easy!)--if they could boost their skills on the graphical front I think that would make a world of difference, so I hope they do!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Okay, I've been up for a few short flights and here are my thoughts (this is P3D but I'm pretty sure it's the same in FSX):

That is a great little review, thank you. Its good there are high quality developers out there. I am looking for a faster airplane like the PC-12 because the Carenado falls short in sounds, realism and system modeling and I'm bored of it already. I will be picking this one up!

This aircraft sounds like it will be a good one to have.  On the other hand, I am also put off by the less-than-quality texturing in the vc.  I can't understand why they will put so much work into an aircraft sim like this, and release it with texturing that could pass for something released for FS9 about eight years ago.

This is not an inexpensive aircraft to buy. I'm sure that the good system modeling and flight characteristics will make up for the poor texturing, to a degree, but I think they should have partnered with someone like Milvis, to get some super quality texturing which would have resulted in a beyond outstanding aircraft simulation that everyone would want to buy.

After being used to texturing that is so real looking from other developers, that you can "feel" the leather, plastic, metal and vinyl just by looking at it, I would have a hard time getting used to going back 8 or 9 years in the quality of the vc.

I'll probably buy it, but I'm not going to be in any hurry to.

I think they should have partnered with someone like Milvis, to get some super quality texturing which would have resulted in a beyond outstanding aircraft simulation that everyone would want to buy.

...I would have a hard time getting used to going back 8 or 9 years in the quality of the vc.

I'll probably buy it, but I'm not going to be in any hurry to.

Yeah, I think it would have been great to see a partnership like that--I feel the same way about Carenado. If they could pair up with a dev who can program more complex systems, that would be a powerful team to bring to market. But I'm sure it's also about time invested vs. return moneywise and newer or smaller-scale developers are probably more limited in resources.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

I would have to agree with el Señor Yunque. VC and instruments look 2D to me. I know between this Conquest and the v2 turbine Duke coming soon from RealAir there is a performance difference, not huge but it's there, I'm going to go with the Duke. The VC texturing more than make for the performance difference of the Cessna.  :lol:

Hi Everyone,

I'm Joe, the chief pilot and lead tester for FSW that makes all the videos :)

First of all, let me say thank you to each and every one of you for the fantastic comments and critique you are providing. We have really tried to step up our game here at Flysimware, and we think the 441 reflects that.

The reason that the 441 has not yet hit the big stores is because we are waiting for Revision 1.2 to be complete first. We are only a few days away, and I think you are all going to enjoy the update. Somebody already pointed out my video with the new gyro sounds.

The reason that the landing gear sound is silent is because this is exactly as it is in the real aircraft. The gear and flaps in the 441 are hydraulic, and as a result are extremely quiet. They are totally inaudible in flight. You definitely can feel a "bump" in the airframe when the nosewheel hits the downlock though!

We are constantly striving to improve, and our texture quality is no exception. It's a slow process, but we're getting there!

We are currently working on Reality XP GNS530 integration, as well as Flight1 GTN750 integration. Cant say yet if we will offer RXP 430 or F1 650, but the first two are a go.

If anyone has any questions in regards to the aircraft, future development of the aircraft, technical issues, etc, please do not hesitate to contact me at joe@flysimsupport.com

PS - We have uploaded two new videos. The first is the third installment of our Video Based Initial Pilot Training for the 441:

The next one is a 2014 year in review video. Thought some of you might find it entertaining.

Fly safe!

Joe 

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Great to hear Joe.   I love the open attitude and commitment invested in this project.

I already love the product as it is now, but these future updates (especially GTN / RXP integration) will really set it on fire!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Joe, the chief pilot and lead tester for FSW that makes all the videos :)

First of all, let me say thank you to each and every one of you for the fantastic comments and critique you are providing. We have really tried to step up our game here at Flysimware, and we think the 441 reflects that.

The reason that the 441 has not yet hit the big stores is because we are waiting for Revision 1.2 to be complete first. We are only a few days away, and I think you are all going to enjoy the update. Somebody already pointed out my video with the new gyro sounds.

The reason that the landing gear sound is silent is because this is exactly as it is in the real aircraft. The gear and flaps in the 441 are hydraulic, and as a result are extremely quiet. They are totally inaudible in flight. You definitely can feel a "bump" in the airframe when the nosewheel hits the downlock though!

We are constantly striving to improve, and our texture quality is no exception. It's a slow process, but we're getting there!

We are currently working on Reality XP GNS530 integration, as well as Flight1 GTN750 integration. Cant say yet if we will offer RXP 430 or F1 650, but the first two are a go.

If anyone has any questions in regards to the aircraft, future development of the aircraft, technical issues, etc, please do not hesitate to contact me at joe@flysimsupport.com

PS - We have uploaded two new videos. The first is the third installment of our Video Based Initial Pilot Training for the 441:

The next one is a 2014 year in review video. Thought some of you might find it entertaining.

Fly safe!

Joe 

I got to say Joe I was on the fence about the textures, but seeing that post you have sold me. The fact a developer like Flysimware is pushing harder even though the simulation has been released, and is pushing updates is what I want.

Unfortunately I'm a pilot in waiting for a northern operator so I won't be able to see my machine until christmas...then I'll treat myself to the 441.

Great job on the a/c guys. You have a definite customer for the 22nd of Dec ;)

Thanks for the kind words Craig and Cameron! We're committed to delivering a realistic and accurate product and keeping our customers happy. And just for kicks...I got bored with Adobe Premiere again... :)

"A quick and entertaining look at why the Cessna 441 is the only general aviation aircraft you'll need for nearly every mission. 10 seats, over 300 knots true airspeed, and over 2000nm of range. And with all this performance, the aircraft handles short fields with ease thanks to a lot of reverse and massive fowler flaps. Here you can see the aircraft comfortably handle Harvey Field's 2750ft hard surface runway."

Now thats impressive, this one will be hit in FS Economy. 

ZORAN

Now thats impressive, this one will be hit in FS Economy.

Never really got into FS economy. I've heard a lot of good things though.