Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Flysimware's Cessna C441 Conquest ll out now

2). When I click either of the fan switches or the temperature knob show in the pic below, I get an error message "Creation Failed - Check Sound File", followed by a CTD :-

....I used AppCrashViewer on the above crashes and they reported the module at fault as being AI_Player.dll so I suspect this crash is coincidental and nothing to do with the C441. :smile:

Well I get the same crash from the sound file issue mentioned....,

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Hi Joe,

I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to give some feedback on a couple of issues I have with v1.2.

1). Altimeter: I have no '1000s' needle, only a '100s' needle. (Click pic below to see it larger)

http://i59.servimg.com/u/f59/16/29/99/91/1110.jpg[/im

2). When I click either of the fan switches or the temperature knob show in the pic below, I get an error message "Creation Failed - Check Sound File", followed by a CTD :-

2210.jpg

3). Sounds: I absolutely LOVE the ambience, interior sounds in this aircraft. The switch sounds are convincing and high quality. The Gyro, stall warn, etc, all sound exactly real. Brilliant job. What I'm really a lot less keen on are the engine sounds, post start up. The start up stuff ties in with the realism of the Garret start up and is great. But the main, constant engine sounds don't sound too convincing to me. Although RPM stays the same, in most Turbo-Props there is still some change in sound / vibration / whistle when power is increased. The 441 here just stay completely constant and there's no real perception or feedback when you add power.

Thanks for the great work so far!

The altimeter is a drum pointer style altimeter, with a digital display showing your altitude. For some reason, it doesn't look like your display is working in that photo.

Drum pointer altimeters only have a 100 foot hand, as the complete altitude is displayed entirely.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Any time when it will be released to other shops??

We should be releasing to other stores after GTN integration is complete.

The altimeter is a drum pointer style altimeter, with a digital display showing your altitude. For some reason, it doesn't look like your display is working in that photo.

Drum pointer altimeters only have a 100 foot hand, as the complete altitude is displayed entirely.

Thanks Joe - that digital readout has not worked for me since v1.2.   Are there any dependencies for it to work, that I may have missed.   I have avionics and gyro inverter on.    Could it be a missing font?

I'll try a re-install in the meantime.     This is the only potential 'bug' (may well not be), that I've found in the release.

Well I get the same crash from the sound file issue mentioned....,

Mmm, sounds like it could be an issue then.   Actually, I deleted some suspicious (potentially corrupt) AI BGLs, and stopped getting the AI_Player.dll crash with other aircraft, but I am still getting a crash when I press the heating switches in the C441.   So it looks like this could very well be an issue Joe.

Thanks Joe - that digital readout has not worked for me since v1.2. Are there any dependencies for it to work, that I may have missed. I have avionics and gyro inverter on. Could it be a missing font?

I'll try a re-install in the meantime. This is the only potential 'bug' (may well not be), that I've found in the release.

Mmm, sounds like it could be an issue then. Actually, I deleted some suspicious (potentially corrupt) AI BGLs, and stopped getting the AI_Player.dll crash with other aircraft, but I am still getting a crash when I press the heating switches in the C441. So it looks like this could very well be an issue Joe.

We are currently looking into the issue with the sound file and heater switch. I think we've found the issue and it should be a simple fix.

As for the altimeter, let me ask you a question. Have you modified the panel config either manually or using FS panel studio?

As for the altimeter, let me ask you a question. Have you modified the panel config either manually or using FS panel studio?

Hi again Joe - I've very impressed with your support skills!!

My customization of the panel.cfg did indeed seem to be the problem.   I uninstalled again and reinstalled and left the panel in it's virgin state    - got my altimeter back.   :smile:

I'll leave well along with any customizations, especially seeing as the F1 GTN and RXP 530 integration are on their way anyway.

Cheers.

Hi again Joe - I've very impressed with your support skills!!

My customization of the panel.cfg did indeed seem to be the problem. I uninstalled again and reinstalled and left the panel in it's virgin state - got my altimeter back. :smile:

I'll leave well along with any customizations, especially seeing as the F1 GTN and RXP 530 integration are on there way anyway.

Cheers.

Thank you my friend. As you know, we are a lesser-known company, but we are actively trying to change that. I'm a little new at the whole product support thing, but my philosophy is simple. I try to deliver the kind of support I myself desire from other developers.

It seems that panel studios alterations to our panel.cfg can cause the altimeter. We are trying to find the root cause of the issue. I'll keep you posted!

Far more than I expected on a Saturday! ..... thanks again.  Happy to fly the plane with the std GPS until the v1.3 is released.   Keep up the great work.    Now, off to turn on that battery switch and listen to that lovely gyro sound spinning up again!  :wub:       :lol:

With this level of support and commitment , Flysimware isn't going to be a "lesser-known" company very long.

Les Parson

I bought the 441 the 29th November. I am not sure if it has the 1.2 upgrade installed or not. Also cannot find a downlink page for the upgrades on the Flysimware site. Anybody able to help?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

With this level of support and commitment , Flysimware isn't going to be a "lesser-known" company very long.

Les Parson

Agreed. I'll be getting this very soon if for no other reason than the outstanding communication and information Joe has provided here. Great job with the videos!     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I bought the 441 the 29th November. I am not sure if it has the 1.2 upgrade installed or not. Also cannot find a downlink page for the upgrades on the Flysimware site. Anybody able to help?

The site can be a bit tricky to navigate. I think you will have to log into the store, then under "my account"  click on your name--this brought a drop down menu for "Order History". Once clicking on that, you should be able to re-download the file. I believe that 1.2 should be the version showing on the downloaded file, at least that was the case for me.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

After logging in at our store, navigate to the page showing your purchases, and click on the most recent order number. (That should be the 441) Then, scroll down the page until you see downloads, and click the link.

We release revisions as a completely new installer each and every time. This avoids any coding conflicts and ensures that all users will be able to install the update without issues.

And thank you for your kind words Les!