Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

iFly 747 on loading in to the VC I had 1387368 free (FSUIPC)
On going to outside view the free memory went to 1355860 with between 23-29 FPS.
On going back to the VC I got between 13-16 FPS when looking around.

PMDG 777 on loading in to the VC I had 1390708 free (FSUIPC)
On going to outside view the free memory went to 1242804 with between 23-29 FPS
On going back to the VC I got between 15-20 FPS when looking around.

Thanks for running those tests. Much appreciated. :smile:

So i´ve end my test :

ifly - all systems and engines running @ Aerosoft EDDF Gate 46 : 1237048 without autogen, (1050276) with autogen @ normal density

PMDG 777 - all systems and engines running @ Aerosoft EDDF Gate 46 : 1169948 witout autogen, (993092) with autogen @ normal density

Used Addons : AS EDDF, Open LC Europe, FTX Vector, FTX Global, FS Global Ultimate Europe

So what i wish from the ifly Team : Improve autopilot, wingflex Model, Flood lights and the possibility to saving flights

regards

Alex

Thanks to you too, Alex. :smile: Some figures to work with. Seems she's a tad bit lighter on the VAS than the 777.

Also from me big thanks for the tests, gentlemen! :hi:

So far the PMDG 777 has been my VAS heaviest addon (forcing me to be very careful with addons, sliders, settings and used airports), which reminded me what OOMs are. Based on the above results I can see iFly744 is in, more or less, the same league, which might have been expected from such a complex addon.

My regret is machines like 777 and 747 are usually used on flights between large airports, which I like to recreate in my sim, which results in very high VAS usage. However 747, followed by A340 (call me a quad geek), has always been my favourite long-hauler (I love PMDG 777 for what a fantastic piece of software it is - I don't necessarily prefer it in RW), so as far as I know myself I will go for iFly sooner (I hope) or later.

For FS9 this one seems to have raised the bar a lot! I am holding out for a cargo version though because I just don't like the 747-400 passenger version with that extended hump ...

Well took this plane for its first flight yesterday and overall it was great (for me anyway). One thing I noticed and its covered on their forums is that you need to reduce wind-shear setting in ASN as it always effects the plane on take off.

VAS usage seemed for me at least to be a lot better in flight compared to the T7 and even with multiple quick clicks to change views it stayed around 1.6 GB free where as for me the T7 drops to under 1 GB free.

Those using the aircraft with ASN, please go into the settings and turn down the "wind-shear" effect, I set mine to 10 or less down from 50%.
ASN sets a 50% chance of wind-shear, that connected to updrafts, thermal updrafts turbulence, enhanced turbulence, that is all just too much, it is creating a false sense of wind-shear on takeoff and landing.
The 747-400 is speed critical during these phases and the monitoring equipment sense wind-shear anomalies, this is very apparent on the PFD speed tape jumping rapidly up/down.

From EGFF to YSSY

VAS usage seemed for me at least to be a lot better in flight compared to the T7

That is very good news. Thank you! :smile:

you need to reduce wind-shear setting in ASN

I've had it set to off together with wake turbulence since I recently (first time for ages) crashed on landing in Frankfurt due to one of these features. My 777 abruptly banked to the left and, in spite of my desperate efforts to regain control, crashed somewhere around the approach lights. :vava:

Jeeez.. some of the posters need to take it easy on the criticism. Already reading from above I can see some users are having issues that don't seem to be iFly issues, but from a long time FS user, I suspect localized setup ones. 

Please try and be a little more balanced in your approach rather than race to point out apparent flaws - no-one will thank you for that in the long run.

As for what is currently optioned and can be fixed in future service patches.. you don't have to look far to see that in the past iFly has followed up with these,and besides, PMDG, A2A, Qualitywings, etc., all have followed up models with service packs - so what would be different here?

Although I am not in the market for a 747 because I don't have the time nor inclination to fly long routes I might be interested if iFly instituted a Speed time option in the FMC that allowed acceleration to the step down point of a long flight and correctly balanced fuel and weight options from that point... Is there such a thing here?

iFly does have the Time Acceleration Mode built in where you can go upto 8x with the autopilot holding just fine, I have flown a 10 hour leg with it at 8x and no issues what so ever! Best addon in my 700Gb of FS addons! Here is a screen shot showing the "Intelligent Cruise" options.

e084af68619a3375e889b83592460ad2.png

Ok, this might be another stupid question of mine but can you alter those settings 'on the fly' or do you have to define them before you start a flight? Lets say you set a time accel limit being too high/low.

Posted performance looks good, but does the 747 exhibit the performance loss when the mouse is active, like their 737NG? This is what makes the 737NG unusable on my system (I only have a 3Ghz C2D) as I lose about 8FPS give or take when the  mouse is active, bringing my frames in the single digits. When it's not frames are similar to my other aircraft addons, including the NGX. Most other aircraft has a performance loss as well, but most is no more than a couple of frames. The IFLY NG is the worst performer in this regard.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Default only until the paint kit is released.  Before that, you should see a very nice Air France scheme.

DJ

iFly does have the Time Acceleration Mode built in where you can go upto 8x with the autopilot holding just fine, I have flown a 10 hour leg with it at 8x and no issues what so ever! Best addon in my 700Gb of FS addons! Here is a screen shot showing the "Intelligent Cruise" options.

Thanks for taking the time to post this... I seem to remember that for complex systems up to 8 x acceleration is the norm (anything over this has my aircraft ducking and diving all over the place trying to maintain a consistent set altitude..As I see in your picture it obviously has speed acceleration drop down options -  but it is nice to know iFly has built in options to allow a targeted stop point at a set altitude - question is how reliable is this?... and also if you get time this;

can you alter those settings 'on the fly' or do you have to define them before you start a flight? Lets say you set a time accel limit being too high/low.

Posted performance looks good, but does the 747 exhibit the performance loss when the mouse is active, like their 737NG? This is what makes the 737NG unusable on my system (I only have a 3Ghz C2D) as I lose about 8FPS give or take when the  mouse is active, bringing my frames in the single digits. When it's not frames are similar to my other aircraft addons, including the NGX. Most other aircraft has a performance loss as well, but most is no more than a couple of frames. The IFLY NG is the worst performer in this regard.

All I can comment on is for me but that does not happen on the 747 (never had the 737)

From EGFF to YSSY

Ok, this might be another stupid question of mine but can you alter those settings 'on the fly' or do you have to define them before you start a flight? Lets say you set a time accel limit being too high/low.

You can set it in flight or before you start, however you want to. It works both ways.

Personally I see no issue, but I have read that some people are having that issue. So I can't really say.