Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

Thanks for taking the time to post this... I seem to remember that for complex systems up to 8 x acceleration is the norm (anything over this has my aircraft ducking and diving all over the place trying to maintain a consistent set altitude..As I see in your picture it obviously has speed acceleration drop down options -  but it is nice to know iFly has built in options to allow a targeted stop point at a set altitude - question is how reliable is this?... and also if you get time this;

It is very reliable, as I have said above, this is by far the best addon that I have, I have most of PMDG's stuff and I know people may not like this statement but iFly's 747-400v2 is way better then anything PMDG has out today. iFly has used twice as many polygons then PMDG did with their 777. Below is two screeshots to compare the PMDG 777 with the iFly 747. Also keep in mind the iFly 747 is very frame rate friendly where we all know PMDG is not.

PMDG 777 VC screenshot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=162176&d=139

And here is the iFly 747 on FS9:

7e6e80dd40cf0a466cbe238ab38a4efd.png

And here is the iFly 747 with the backlit lighting on:

da37a5baf08340dbc033f30dd6591bea.png

Now you can see how much clearer and crisp iFly has made their 747. And I hope you now see why I said iFly's 747-400v2 is far better then PMDG's products and even the level of realism is far deeper then PMDG which I thought was not possible.

I know hardcore PMDG fans won't like that statement but the truth is iFly is far better with their 747!

It is very reliable, as I have said above, this is by far the best addon that I have, I have most of PMDG's stuff and I know people may not like this statement but iFly's 747-400v2 is way better then anything PMDG has out today. iFly has used twice as many polygons then PMDG did with their 777. Below is two screeshots to compare the PMDG 777 with the iFly 747. Also keep in mind the iFly 747 is very frame rate friendly where we all know PMDG is not.

PMDG 777 VC screenshot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=162176&d=139

And here is the iFly 747 on FS9:

7e6e80dd40cf0a466cbe238ab38a4efd.png

And here is the iFly 747 with the backlit lighting on:

da37a5baf08340dbc033f30dd6591bea.png

Now you can see how much clearer and crisp iFly has made their 747. And I hope you now see why I said iFly's 747-400v2 is far better then PMDG's products and even the level of realism is far deeper then PMDG which I thought was not possible.

I know hardcore PMDG fans won't like that statement but the truth is iFly is far better with their 747!

You had me until the realism claim. Are you type rated in either?

Trust me the PMDG 747 will be much better when It comes out .  That's why im not buying Ifly  id rather wait another year or two

Jason Richards

You had me until the realism claim. Are you type rated in either?

No I am not, but I will say after 14 years of flight sim and more then 700 hours logged in the PMDG 777 and over 9000 hours in total on FS plus 8 years of "RW" aviation experience I would say the iFly is better and more realistic. But with that said the PMDG 777 is also a good airframe. I just personally believe iFly has made a better aircraft with their 747. I am not here to start an argument or fight over PMDG and iFly. I am only stating what I respectfully feel about this aircraft and the developer.

From those shots it appears you are zoomed in, or positioned closer in the IFLY shot then the T7, note on the right side is the right PFD on both the 747 and 777 shot, but on the left side the whole chronometer is visible on the T7 but the 747 shots enat the left PFD. This would result in  the more clear and crisp gauges you are seeing in this shot. If the T7 shot was positioned the same you would probably see similar results.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

From those shots it appears you are zoomed in, or positioned closer in the IFLY shot then the T7, note on the right side is the right PFD on both the 747 and 777 shot, but on the left side the whole chronometer is visible on the T7 but the 747 shots enat the left PFD. This would result in  the more clear and crisp gauges you are seeing in this shot. If the T7 shot was positioned the same you would probably see similar results.

The 777 shot was FSX and the iFly 747 was in FS9, as for the zoom, it is the exact same between both sims (0.75). But I can see what you mean. As I said before everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes, I am in no way bashing on FSX or PMDG users as I also own many PMDG products. I was just stating my own personal like for the iFly 747 more is all. :)

A question to European users of iFly 747-400 (or anyone else who knows for sure).

When you were buying from the Flight1 shop was VAT added to the initial price of 59.95 USD / 49.14 EUR?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

You can set it in flight or before you start, however you want to. It works both ways.

Sounds good and makes sense. Thanks for the info.

iFly has used twice as many polygons then PMDG did with their 777.

If true, this is in no way a good thing.

More polygons = less frames.

The perfrect model offers a realistic rendition, in as few polygons as possible.

Eg.... The majestic Q400 is a low polygon model (for the level of detail) and look how good the performance and visuals are.

I am not here to start an argument or fight over PMDG and iFly.

But that's exactly what your doing and/or trying to do.  :Whistle:   There's no way you can make a claim like this and be serious.  Basic things like lighting in the VC and wing flex is way off let alone VC gauge refresh rates.  None of the extra models are included with this release like the Cargo and -800 variants or even being proposed for a future release.  I've spent time in the real Level-D simulators for the 744, A320, and 737.  The only thing PMDG did wrong with the 737 was warp the VC to accommodate the HUD.  iFly concerning the 744 is the better hand flyer between the two.  iFly nailed the 737 in all respects which to me is the better option but all around PMDG is the king and any airline pilot in this community will tell you that.  The only reason I don't fly PMDG's 744 that much is I can't accelerate time with it (don't have time for 8+ hour flights).  Other than that everything from lighting to the models offered is spot on (especially by circa 2005 standards) so you know what v2 will bring.  iFly's rendition is nice but there's more to do before I'd call this effort prime time especially when it's not worth flying at night because the VC lighting options are none existent compared to the real bird or other comparable FS releases (both FSX and FS9).  Liking it and facts are two different things, let's not merge the two...  :smile2:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yes very silly claims, none of them backed up by fact.

Let's summarise da757fo's points;-

• iFly 747 is better than all PMDG products.
  • iFly 747 has more polygons than the PMDG 777  (have you counted?).
  • PMDG aircraft have 'poor frame rates'.

......oh well.

None of a discussion thread about this great new iFly product needs to put other products down (especially widely-acclaimed ones).

Remember, it's all good!

If true, this is in no way a good thing.

More polygons = less frames.

The perfrect model offers a realistic rendition, in as few polygons as possible.

Eg.... The majestic Q400 is a low polygon model (for the level of detail) and look how good the performance and visuals are.

Well from my PC I get maybe 12-20 fps in the PMDG 777 and with the iFly 747-400v2 I get a solid 60 fps no matter were I am and what scenery I am using. For me it's as smooth as my Majestic Q400!

I get a solid 60 fps no matter were I am and

I can't get that even with the c172

Is this P3D V2.4 compatible?  If no, no buy!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter