Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

I agree with the mouse wheel controls. They should be there, i don't really like the + - thing much.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

It's Ifly and IMO they have proven themselves with their 737 release and constant improvements and I'm sure the 747 will go thru the same stages, more free variants, liveries, tweaks, etc. This thread reminds me of when their 737 got released. I'll give them a pass on a few things at launch, because I mean they release a FS9/FSX and shortly a P3D version all with full 2D panels, weather/terrain, and a 30 day money back guarantee. 

Dillon has been on P3D for quite some time. It seems unlikely to me he bought the iFly FSX version before the P3D version is even out.

I guess you missed the 'FS9.75' reference in my signature.  :ph34r:

Wow. Dillon is chirpy for someone who doesn't have this aircraft.....

Hirdy

All in the KoolAid and don't know the flavor...  B)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It is kinda funny how some people are saying it comes with "no liveries", mainly I think, because it comes with no American liveries.  British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are two perfectly usable liveries, of two major 744 operators.   It's hardly "no liveries".  And plus as others have said, I am sure there'll be plenty repaints available in the library soon enough.

The issue for me is that my VA won't accept pireps unless they are flown in company livery.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If its like the 737, you can still use the mouse wheel, just not up and down in the same spot. Surely the most trivial thing in existence along with possibly correct/incorrect wing flex which would have to be first on the list?

Thanks for that I'll give it a try.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If its like the 737, you can still use the mouse wheel, just not up and down in the same spot. Surely the most trivial thing in existence along with possibly correct/incorrect wing flex which would have to be first on the list?

Lol yeah, mousewheel does work, i just tried it. As for wingflex i never liked it, no model has convinced me yet, not even PMDG's. They all look unrealistic, specially this new 747 unfortunately.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'm still puzzled why some of you are complaining about only 3 liveries that came with the installation?! I mean PMDG 737/777 have only ONE livery, and it's not even an airline. I know that you can download add-on liveries on PMDG official page or via Operations Center, and you will also have bunch of free liveries to download for iFly 747 in matter of days here on AVSIM, be patient.

I think the reason is that an iFly release is a good opportunity for some to subtely criticise and compare with another well known outfit that creates similar aircraft. What they forget is that each release offers certain things and each purchaser has their reasons for purchasing. Too many these days are telling everyone else what "we" want based on what they themselves want - if you don't like it, don't buy it, or get a refund but leave those happy with it alone.

David Porrett

Speaking for myself, I paid $54 usd in 2011 for the 737 ng, but that included 4 different models of the 737. And later added more. For this price and only 1 model with few repaints, people should be demanding of perfection. That doesn't mean do not buy it though. They have done a fine job it appears.

I can't help thinking that people are a funny bunch :-) On one hand they want to fly as close to the real thing without actually having a pilot license, and on the other hand they complain about "incorrect" wing flex. How often have you been in a real cockpit and seeing the wingflex? I'm sure real pilots don't give a damn whether the wings flexes or not as long as it keeps them flying. :-) 

With regards to the missing flood/dome lights and the scroll wheel click points, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the SP1, SP2 or whatever it's called will fix things like this.

And repaints, will most likely appear very soon from different repainters, so just have some patience.

I have NO affiliance with Ifly, PMDG or any other companies, just wanted to give my 5 cents word :-) I'm an Airbus man, so I haven't bought the 747 (yet), but most likely will, cause I enjoy flightsimming in every form (even without wingflex) :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I'm one of those lucky people who knows another flight sim enthusiast.  He bought the iFly 744 and I got to try it this evening at his place.  It seems quite nice indeed, but I decided to wait for the PMDG v2.  I know it'll be (way) more expensive, but I'm in no hurry to buy another aircraft.  I'll have to find another use for that money, FSDT's LAX perhaps.

sig01.png

I have only one question: What is the FPS in FSX with this bird?

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I have only one question: What is the FPS in FSX with this bird?

Answered few times already. FPS is similiar to PMDG T7, means 40-50% lower framerate than in default C172.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Answered few times already. FPS is similiar to PMDG T7, means 40-50% lower framerate than in default C172.

Thx for answer!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Yep. On par with t7. Ftx global and regions, high quality payware airports, 30% ai etc etc.....

Performance is really good.