Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

Not having proper simulated flight controls in 2013 was unacceptable, yet we waited 1 year for fix at the well known, $100 priced, product.

Some would argue that lack of 2d panels is unacceptable for $100 priced product, but I guess some developers are to blame and some others not...

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better. But some developers can do no wrong, as we well know... Unfortunately others have to contend with the fickle expectations of the spoiled kids that the internet (and Avsim) seems to be full of... It's a shame.

For the others, thanks for the opinions.

Cheers!

The iFly 747 has flood lighting.

As David mentioned, what you posted wasn't a picture of the panel flood lighting, it was simply the panel backlighting and the developers on their own forum have also mentioned that panel flood lighting hasn't been made available in the product.

EDIT : I see 'robertwolant' had already clarified that above.

It's a minor issue and shouldn't tip the decision scale for potential customers.

So there's no flood light. Who cares, seriously!

It also doesn't come with a live cockpit door access feed either. Im constantly checking the door to my study ensuring no scoundrels try and enter my virtual cockpit zone.

Get with it, get on board and buy this aircraft. It is worth it. Flood light or not, she's a little beauty.

I am disappointed that Flight1tech.com did not release the P3D version.  It could be next week or it could be a year from now.  Who knows.  Other developers have done releases for all platforms on the same day.

Ed

It Looks good but think ill wait for the PMDG one I know it could be another year or two wait.

Jason Richards

I'd like to hear how she performs compared too the NGX/777 from PMDG?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I saw a twitch stream today with it, and I have to say it's a very nice choice if it's your first 747-400, but at the same time, if you already have the PMDG 744, I don't see anything to make me want me to switch. In fact IMHO graphically I think the PMDG bird looks better inside and out, except maybe for the clock gauge which is clearer on the IFLY, and of course the PMDG 744 v2 is expected to take it to the nth degree..

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I saw a twitch stream today with it, and I have to say it's a very nice choice if it's your first 747-400, but at the same time, if you already have the PMDG 744, I don't see anything to want me to switch. In fact IMHO graphically I thing the PMDG bird looks better inside and out, except maybe for the clock gauge which is clearer on the IFLY, and of course the PMDG 744 v2 is expected take it to the nth degree..

I agree. I own the PMDG old version and rarely fly it anymore mainly due to liking the newer features that the NGX and T7 have. One of the things I really like about the newer PMDG birds is how you can configure a lot of the options real time in the sim via the FMC, like changing equipment styles, options, and things of that nature. I don't know if the iFly bird let's you configure via the FMC or if you need to load the options you want prior to starting FSX.

Having said that, since I'm not chomping at the bit for the 747v2, I'll just wait for it knowing that I'll get a lot of what the NGX and T7 have and maybe more if they invent any new stuff for it. The NGX is still my favorite and I fly it a lot more than the T7 and I'll still probably fly the NGX more than the 747v2. I'll save my money for now and see how the PMDG version compares before making a purchase.

The only time I was compelled to go for an iFly bird is when they released their 737 in advance of the NGX, but even then I still waited for the NGX and have been more than happy with it. I'm sure I'll end up liking the PMDG rendition of the 747 more than the iFly anyways.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was all set to pull the trigger on this one as I have a lot of affection for the 747 and always feel very safe when flying in one - it is one very rugged aeroplane. However I think I will pass the negatives as reported in this thread while not biggies all add up eg no panel flood lighting might not bother some but it would me. Looking foward to the PMDG 747 400 v2 (I have v1) hope it arrives before the the real one disappears from service - I recently flew to the US in one of the last flights of an Air New Zealand 747 400.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I am disappointed that Flight1tech.com did not release the P3D version.  It could be next week or it could be a year from now.  Who knows.  Other developers have done releases for all platforms on the same day.

Ed

My guess is that they do that deliberately. Most likely the P3D version was already ready together with the other 2 versions.

Flight1 however would like to charge premium prices for P3D products and that is the reason they postpone the release.

Most likely they ask $20+ more for the same product, It happended with the iFly 737NG...

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

The lack of mouse wheel support for dials etc in the VC, and the poorly placed clickspots and (-) (+) marks drove me mad in the iFly 737, to the extent that I just couldn't enjoy using it any more.

So it's disappointing to see they've taken the same approach here.  Using the mouse wheel is just so much more intuitive and easy for setting vallues, instead of having to hover over the (-) or (+) for every single control.

There are a LOT of things I like about this product, but I'm going to hold off (not 'on' :lol:) on this one because of the lack of mouse wheel support and fiddly click spots.

So there's no flood light. Who cares, seriously!

It also doesn't come with a live cockpit door access feed either. Im constantly checking the door to my study ensuring no scoundrels try and enter my virtual cockpit zone.

Get with it, get on board and buy this aircraft. It is worth it. Flood light or not, she's a little beauty.

I care its a basic feature that was skipped I could see it not being adjustible IE just an on/off but not having it at all is just dumb and makes me panel look unrealistic at night. I don't like flying with the dome light,we had to that in 2004 but we shouldn't have to do it in 2014! I like the jet but two things really standout as skipped. No shadows in DX10 mode, and no panel floods, are these deal breakers no but its annoying that they we're skipped by the dev team.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Not having a basic lighting setup like dome lights in 2014 is unacceptable, especially if you are charging $60 usd

Agreed.  For a bird that spends much of it's time flying at night on various routes this is a show stopper...

I'm not bashing the plane I know that there will be teething issues but Ifly has said that they didn't include some basic things on purpose and my question is why.

Agreed.  There's no good reason for some of these features not being fully realized in 2014.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I guess it's hard for devs to please everyone.    Me with my mouse scrolling capability, and you guys with your dome lights. :smile: