Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

Did a bit of testing, FPS is fine, flight dynamics feel right and graphical quality is good too. I'll be definitely flying this until PMDG's 747V2 comes out.

It seems that you have to much money.

Really lad, really? What your commentary added to the topic? Was that really necessary?

Moving on, thanks for the impressions guys. I'll be watching this one closely.

Cheers!

I miss college...

It's a good thing they didn't have flight sims when I was in college (the most sophisticated game was a text adventure called Advent, and I had to sneak onto campus at 4:00 in the morning to get to it) - I would have failed my classes miserably.

Did a bit of testing, FPS is fine, flight dynamics feel right and graphical quality is good too. I'll be definitely flying this until PMDG's 747V2 comes out

Whoa, the screenshots look great. I'm tempted to do this too!

I look at it this way its hard to get a nice meal for $60 these days and then its over in an hour or less for this plane I'll get at least a years use out of that same $60

It's a good thing they didn't have flight sims when I was in college (the most sophisticated game was a text adventure called Advent, and I had to sneak onto campus at 4:00 in the morning to get to it) - I would have failed my classes miserably.

I've been know to take off hit the AP and do homework while at cruise lol

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I bit.

The only major issue I am having right now is with FPS. My experience has not been quite as pleasant as FSCamp's seems to be, as I am seeing ~half the FPS I get in the T7, even dropping into the teens in the cruise. As we all know, having the mouse cursor active in the VC will always cut some percentage of your framerate, but this VC seems particularly bad in this area.

Other minor quibbles...this VC is very similar to the NG VC they did, in that clickspots for switches, etc, are often so large as to completely block access to a switch just barely behind, if you are at any sort of an angle. Not a big deal but makes staying in the seat a bit difficult even for simple things.

They also still seem to not like the idea of the scroll wheel. Changing ND range/format, turning hyd switches on the overhead, etc, requires left clicks on the respective half of the switch. Again, not a big deal but kinda hard to understand why the wheel isn't standard, or at least right click/left click.

If I had to make a decision right this moment, I'd send it back for a refund. It isn't terrible by any means, and if it weren't for the FPS issues I might not be so critical of the rest, but I just can't see the PMDG version not besting it in every way.

I'll hang onto it for a few weeks and see what they are able to come up with, but at this stage, unless you MUST have a 747 now, IMHO you'd best wait for the PMDG. I'm sure for many of you this is no news at all  :lol:

EDIT: The pics below reminded me to also mention, that while I personally don't really care, there is little if any wing flex. I only mention it as someone has already asked in this thread.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Someone could repaint the model to be a converted freighter. There are a few still flying like UPS, Kalitta and Yangtze. Enough to hold me over for a freighter and hopefully a -8F too

This is a must buy, so many great addons out now. Carenado PC-12, Flysimware C441 looks good, A2A 182, Aerosoft Airbus, UT USA v2, RIP my wallet :(

How do you repaint a model? The textures aren't baked on so that negates that, and repainting in CC won't do anything for it.

You'd have to unlock the model, which means hacking it, and open it in 3DS or Blender and proceed to remove the cabin windows and doors just to name a few. Pretty sure that violates the EULA...

It does not violate any EULA. We have a repaint forum here on AVSIM. It is done all the time. Our AVSIM Library has thousands of repaints. Sometimes though it takes time for the repainters to get the paint kit and begin repainting. We have some very talented members.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It does not violate any EULA. We have a repaint forum here on AVSIM. It is done all the time. Our AVSIM Library has thousands of repaints. Sometimes though it takes time for the repainters to get the paint kit and begin repainting. We have some very talented members.

Best regards,

Has nothing to do with painting, Jim. I am a painter and a 3D Modeler. My point was that you'd have to alter the 3D Model to remove the windows for a cargo variant, and that is a violation of the EULA.

Has nothing to do with painting, Jim. I am a painter and a 3D Modeler. My point was that you'd have to alter the 3D Model to remove the windows for a cargo variant, and that is a violation of the EULA.

No, you do not have to alter 3d model. You can just fill the windows with paint, and remove alpha channel, and you have perfectly fine cargo converted 747 like this:

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2010-8/22/99385.jpg

(god knows how much I'm resisting buying it right now, while I'm looking at the photo)

Of course, you cannot add new cargo door, but it's not a big deal.

I am guessing that the windows cannot simply be painted over? Just a question from someone who does not know nor does any paints.

If possible, to me that would seem the easiest way right?