Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

Wow...i was going to wait for the PMDG version; but if the only issue is missing lighting options, i might well get this one.

Ian R Tyldesley

Wow...i was going to wait for the PMDG version; but if the only issue is missing lighting options, i might well get this one.

1. VC lighting

2. Wing flex doesn't seem to be right

3. Some are reporting slow gauge refresh rates

4. Only one 744 option is included for the price from a company that has released a whole series in the past for a comparable price.  Most wanted and somewhat expected the Cargo and -800 variants to be included.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

My guess is that they do that deliberately. Most likely the P3D version was already ready together with the other 2 versions.

Flight1 however would like to charge premium prices for P3D products and that is the reason they postpone the release.

Most likely they ask $20+ more for the same product, It happended with the iFly 737NG...

It really does not surprise me.  Flight1 and Flight1tech are overpriced.  Some developers are greedy!

I had the 744 from PMDG and this is a whole new world. It's a great refresh from an aging aircraft and knowing PMDG's 747 *might* be out during 2015 or not (the soon-to-be-previews didn't even make it to the public yet) my decision was easy.

Besides, you can even RETURN the product if you dislike it, have unlimited downloads and a great support forum with people that actually talk to you directly. What more do you want from a developer?

F1, they're expensive but one of the best editors to buy from.

xgh5e9.jpg

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1. VC lighting

2. Wing flex doesn't seem to be right

3. Some are reporting slow gauge refresh rates

4. Only one 744 option is included for the price from a company that has released a whole series in the past for a comparable price.  Most wanted and somewhat expected the Cargo and -800 variants to be included.

Do you actually have this model- did you purchase it? Or are these points based on community feedback some of which is demonstrably prejudice or based on heresay.

I value feedback, both positive and negative- but from what I have seen so far here, some of the feedback appears to be mostly emotional and irrational.

1. VC Lighting - There is and there isn't. Read earlier posts

2. Wing flex doesn't seem to be right?

There appears to be wing flex but by how much appears to differ from different users who have actually purchased this. - Jury still out.

3.Slow gauge refresh and some reporting this - where exactly is this reported and by who - haven't seen anything in this stream so I don't have a clue where you got this from - I must have missed this discussion.

4. So you are disappointed iFly haven't released a whole string of 747 types and only 3 paint schemes?  A fair comment, but did you offer up the same criticism here when another developer released their C182, Piper 180, C172. with only one model and 3 paint schemes?  Sadly, It appears to be the trend now to only offer a particular model rather than a variation of that model so why make this a negative point for this particular Developer? ( Just because they offered their first 747 as freeware, then their 737 in different variations - doesn't mean they would necessarily follow that generous principal with this model).  However, I understand this trend in that the customer is demanding more and more complex aircraft and detail and it is now expected.

Just to clarify, I have no intention of buying the iFly 747 v2 unless someone can answer my earlier question in the positive,  nor do I intend to purchase the PMDG 747 V2  due out in another year.  I am not a defender of iFly anymore than I am a cheer leader for other developers - what I value is coherent and rational feedback from those who actually have bought the product.

I had the 744 from PMDG and this is a whole new world. It's a great refresh from an aging aircraft and knowing PMDG's 747 *might* be out during 2015 or not (the soon-to-be-previews didn't even make it to the public yet) my decision was easy.

Besides, you can even RETURN the product if you dislike it, have unlimited downloads and a great support forum with people that actually talk to you directly. What more do you want from a developer?

xgh5e9.jpg

No doubt the VC is awesome!

If they would add Panel flood lights and scroll wheel switches I doubt I'd even get the PMDG bird

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Dillon has been on P3D for quite some time. It seems unlikely to me he bought the iFly FSX version before the P3D version is even out.

Well l guess that would answer that question.

I have been considering P3D but have not pushed the buy button as yet. I do like the lighting and shades though.

This might be a stupid question but the "lack" of liveries can be cured with a simple download of your favourite ones from the library, no? :mellow:

Why would a dev literally inflate the installer size when the customers have varying and diverse preferences? Needless to say that e.g. PMDG also installs the house liveries only and the rest then comes via the work of skilled painters and a download click.

Thanks for some customer screenshots btw. Looks good so far.

scroll wheel switches

I double that. It sounds like a negligible detail but good VC ergonomics (fancy term) are vital.

Geez so much defensive posts you'd think the people are the devs. Dome light, panel backlight, its semantics. still should be included as well as using the scroll wheel clickspots. I never claimed this was a reason not to buy, but for $60 for only one model of the 747, you'd expect all the bells and whistles.

I think they are considered more of a publisher of titles than an editor, but I agree they are great to purchase from with their 30 return policy. Just wish they published more products like Aerosoft does.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is kinda funny how some people are saying it comes with "no liveries", mainly I think, because it comes with no American liveries.  British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are two perfectly usable liveries, of two major 744 operators.   It's hardly "no liveries".  And plus as others have said, I am sure there'll be plenty repaints available in the library soon enough.

Wow. Dillon is chirpy for someone who doesn't have this aircraft.....

There is wing flex......tick

VC flood lighting......cross

Not enough variants or liveries.....they will come.

If you own this aircraft and have registered over at the support forums you will find all this information.

If you want to wait another year for the other 747 knock yourself out.

In the meantime, back to KSFO/EGLL.

Enjoy.

Hirdy

I'm still puzzled why some of you are complaining about only 3 liveries that came with the installation?! I mean PMDG 737/777 have only ONE livery, and it's not even an airline. I know that you can download add-on liveries on PMDG official page or via Operations Center, and you will also have bunch of free liveries to download for iFly 747 in matter of days here on AVSIM, be patient.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.