Sign in to follow this  
Spensa

NGX wont let me install to steam version

Hmm was any thought about all the payware that was not going to work with this $4.99 version of fsx - not to mention the burden it has placed on developers unfairly

I remain optimistic, most payware is in, including my A2A A/C, excluding PMDG untill further feedback. FPS looking good, with minor improvement, time will tell ?

Your a developer - what product ? thanks 

Over the years, I've learned 3D modeling and texture work (and most all aspects of basic aircraft addon development). I've assisted on material setup and animation tagging of a few of Milviz's projects. I'm doing the same for TFDi Design's current aircraft project. As well, I designed the user interface on version 1 and 2 of TFDi's ACARS for virtual airlines. I'm intentionally not saying the exact names of the products/projects to avoid advertising. If you want to know the exact projects, feel free to PM me.

Brandon Filer

Over the years, I've learned 3D modeling and texture work (and most all aspects of basic aircraft addon development). I've assisted on material setup and animation tagging of a few of Milviz's projects.

Great I have done a bit of 3d aircraft modeling and texturing - ton of work for sure - hoping Milviz gets the F-15 P3D ready - thanks for the info

Rich Sennett

It would still be nice to figure out why my NGX, won't install to a specified directory in the installer.

3 more posts after you requested that people sign with their names, 2 are from the same individual.  Either they do not read or they do not care Kyle.  

I got into a showdown with a guy last spring which was revived recently by an insolent member of AVSIM.  I am pretty sure the poster didn't own a licence for the PMDG product either.  There are reasons PMDG and other dev's require that people sign with their real name.  Maybe it is time that PMDG force all their customers to provide their order number in a separate login so we know we are dealing with someone with a legitimate licence while keeping the forum a friendly place. 

I knew there would be something different with the steam version...Thats why i just go buy it on Amazon for <$15>

I believe we should pledge our support initially, $5 is no brainer really. If the dev's support wanes, so does mine. On that note, it would be nice to get an update regarding the progress of NGX SP2 :-)

Merry Xmas All

I remain optimistic, most payware is in, including my A2A A/C, excluding PMDG untill further feedback. FPS looking good, with minor improvement, time will tell ?

\Robert Hamlich/

When will we finally understand that all Microsoft wanted to do in the end was make the Flight franchise into an Arcade. Most of the members on this forum should be insulted by the logic that our beloved FSX was turned into a Nintendo Wii concept.

I for one use flight simulator as a training tool, a physiological escape from my weekly routine where I adventure the world and test my capabilities.

When it failed for Microsoft they said well lets just close the damn thing down and dovetail is going to continue the franchise. 

I ask most of you claiming that mores users will come into the platform, do you really think most of those "new" users will be mature enough to say I want to become a pilot I want to learn how fly commercial airliners.

Hell No! The majority will say " OH LOOK I CAN FLY THE DEFAULT JUMBO TO A BUIDLING"

Its all smoke and mirrors. Developers for one should stand by the people that have supported them for years now and improve our realism and move to a platform that is maturing. Not becoming more childs play.

Just my two cents, but give it some thought.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Hi

Am curious how someone could install Aerosoft Airbus extended  in Steam.  I tried pointing Aerosoft to Steam Directory and I get "Cannot find Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

Bill Hagag

C:|mydocuments&#092;mypictures&#092;my signature.htm

Either they do not read or they do not care Kyle.  

Shame. Luckily there's a bulk tool on the forum to just check the appropriate posts and have them run off to wherever it is that unsigned posts go...

Kyle Rodgers

Hello,

As the title says, I can't install to the steam version of FSX.

I try to set the directory for FSX to the Steam version. and it decides to install to the default directory.

Any way to fix this? and the same thing happens with the MD-11. And i am relatively new to the forum.

Spencer Hobbs

I honestly don't understand the need to download another FSX when you already have it?   Don't you think It's a waste of money?

Dave Taylor gb.png

3 more posts after you requested that people sign with their names, 2 are from the same individual.  Either they do not read or they do not care Kyle.  

I got into a showdown with a guy last spring which was revived recently by an insolent member of AVSIM.  I am pretty sure the poster didn't own a licence for the PMDG product either.  There are reasons PMDG and other dev's require that people sign with their real name.  Maybe it is time that PMDG force all their customers to provide their order number in a separate login so we know we are dealing with someone with a legitimate licence while keeping the forum a friendly place.

I beg your pardon, don't you have something a bit more constructive to do? I can see the reason you get into showdowns with people.

Why was my post deleted, I have my name up in the top left corner ?

Why was my post deleted, I have my name up in the top left corner ?

Never even noticed it. The usual spot is at the bottom of the post. I, personally, let it slide somewhat if the user name looks like a real name, but I'd argue that everyone should have something in their signature line related to their name. It's easier for all of us to spot because that's where we're expecting it.

I imagine RSR will have some updates on this for everyone soon, as it's been getting pretty bad recently.

Kyle Rodgers

Never even noticed it. The usual spot is at the bottom of the post. I, personally, let it slide somewhat if the user name looks like a real name, but I'd argue that everyone should have something in their signature line related to their name. It's easier for all of us to spot because that's where we're expecting it.

I imagine RSR will have some updates on this for everyone soon, as it's been getting pretty bad recently.

I'm not very tech savvy, and I thought I was doing the right thing. I appreciate there is rules and regs, though there appears to be a lot of pettiness associated with this forum, of which I have managed to avoid up untill now. My iPad 1 will not allow me to access my account details for editing and I am stuck on the basic app page. When I get the opportunity to get access to my pc, I will do the signature thingy. I am an aviation enthusiast, not a software geek.

Cheers

IVAN SMITH

P.S.

Why do I have to gold stars now instead of one ?

Why do I have to gold stars now instead of one ?

Increases with the number of posts. It seems you got it for passing the 100 post mark.

Kyle Rodgers

I could install 737 NGX on the Steam without any problems. 

But when I start the Simulator and sitting in the machine then I cannot use any knobs. They are not clickable. 

So we have to wait until PMDG fine the root of the issue and then make it compatible for the Steam Edition as well. 

We have to drink tea and relax. :)

I still have my original FSX on another Windows partition so I have no rush :). But I could already see that FSX SE is more stable.