Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

42 minutes ago, marciac18 said:

Done, corrected. Thanks :)

We try to have a decent customer service... :wink:

Hello friends,

already in 2015 I wrote an extensive tutorial on how to create your own AI ship traffic (with Henrik Nielsens and my ship models) for FSX and P3D.
Since I hadn't found the time to translate the tutorial yet, it was only available in German and I was asked again and again if it would also be available in English.

Now I have revised the brochure and translated it into English. Both versions can now be downloaded from the SimDocks-website without registration.

By the way, if you want to share your ship routes with the community, you will find a special area in the SimDocks forum, where forum members make their routes available for free download (in the German and English forum area).

Titelblatt-icon.jpg
  • Like 1

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

8 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Hello friends,

already in 2015 I wrote an extensive tutorial on how to create your own AI ship traffic (with Henrik Nielsens and my ship models) for FSX and P3D.
Since I hadn't found the time to translate the tutorial yet, it was only available in German and I was asked again and again if it would also be available in English.

Now I have revised the brochure and translated it into English. Both versions can now be downloaded from the SimDocks-website without registration.

By the way, if you want to share your ship routes with the community, you will find a special area in the SimDocks forum, where forum members make their routes available for free download (in the German and English forum area).

Titelblatt-icon.jpg

Thanks, I just had a quick read through - it is an excellent and very comprehensive guide for those who want to add their own customized traffic.

Yaaay... Got a normal traffic volume going, and now, my wakes are going crazy... ALL of them. Is there a zip file with just all the more recent, updated wakes available?

729l3a.png

Download Henriks packages and copy all files from the Effects folder to your Effects folder. Then you have all the latest wake files.
If the crazy waves aren't gone then the error is somewhere else.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

46 minutes ago, marciac18 said:

Yaaay... Got a normal traffic volume going, and now, my wakes are going crazy... ALL of them. Is there a zip file with just all the more recent, updated wakes available?

729l3a.png

It seems like you haven't got the latest two downloads or eventually have installed them in the wrong order.

1) Global AI Ship Traffic V1

and

2) 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2

Try to download and overwrite in the above order what you already installed. I could put a Wake file zip but there are a few more important corrections in 200 AI Ships and Ship Traffic V2 that you should install for everything to work right.

KL791, thanks for your help. I started over and stopped short of the "200" batch, everything seems fine so far. I think I'll stay here until I can figure out a way to revert safely to a functional install... shouldn't be too hard.

26 minutes ago, marciac18 said:

KL791, thanks for your help. I started over and stopped short of the "200" batch, everything seems fine so far. I think I'll stay here until I can figure out a way to revert safely to a functional install... shouldn't be too hard.

The files are done so they basically always overwrites earlier issues.

Work continues... of course I got delayed again, again... and now I am with a slow upload line, but at least on holiday with time to finalize...

Not all ships in the package are equally big... Here racing yachts near Mallorca...

19041507143016112916200546.jpg

19041507145716112916200550.jpg

And here Nordkaperen - a yacht built in 1905, but which has probably become the most famous Danish sailboat. Belonging to the adventurer and writer Troels Kløvedal, Nordkaperen has made several trips around the world, and of course this is reflected in the new package - from Tahiti to Crete and here near the homeport Ebeltoft in Denmark - and actually in the water where I went sailing for the first time as a kid...

19041507143116112916200547.jpg

Next up something which will not be in the package... The Creole Queen from New Orléans, but she is included in the new KMSY scenery from LatinVFR to which I have contributed with shipping. The picture below is however just from my standard test route... You can get the real thing here: https://latinvfr.com/collections/frontpage/products/latinvfr-new-orleans-intl-airport

19040705143616112916191100.jpg

The Mississippi shipping made for LatinVFR is obviously coordinated with the new freeware Mississippi shipping and on top of that the new version of Global AI Ship Traffic will have new cruise traffic to some of LatinVFR's older releases like Key West...

19041507144016112916200549.jpg

Brilliant. That airport looks really smart too.. Never bought an airport after being attracted by the shipping before!

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg

Guys I'm sorry to come back with problems, but again, my wakes are going vertical. It seems to be random, for example, the favolosa... same scenario, same time of day, weather etc... one time it goes vertical, the other it doesn't. It's the same for all other ships. Could this be a rendering/vectoring compatibility issue? I'm using P3D V4.5 fitted with ORBX global and vectors.

8 hours ago, marciac18 said:

Guys I'm sorry to come back with problems, but again, my wakes are going vertical. It seems to be random, for example, the favolosa... same scenario, same time of day, weather etc... one time it goes vertical, the other it doesn't. It's the same for all other ships. Could this be a rendering/vectoring compatibility issue? I'm using P3D V4.5 fitted with ORBX global and vectors.

I don't have v4.5 so I really can't tell - and ORBX should definately not make any difference to this...

Hmmm... I'll start over from scratch. All updates up to "200 ships" combined, how many wakes fx files do you count? I found 106.

1 hour ago, marciac18 said:

Hmmm... I'll start over from scratch. All updates up to "200 ships" combined, how many wakes fx files do you count? I found 106.

Hi

Try to remove everything - the Wake files are all called fx_wake_haa_*.fx

You just need two files for the reinstall:

"Global AI Ship Traffic V1" and "200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2" - they contain all ships and routes released until today.

Henrik

Hello Henrik,

Followed your suggestion and removed everything, then reinstalled using the first and last packages - this is one result (Carlos H Dutra):

2dj8ia8.png

The other ship is fine, so it looks like only the larger ships have the issue. I'll see if I can find another problem ship...